Rumour Isaac Cumming - UFA

Remove this Banner Ad

It's quite funny seeing how often players tip toe around this stuff when clearly he would know by now what club he's heading to.

Given our interest has been there for 2 years and Port only very recently (likely only after Houston told them he wanted to get home), it doesn't seem dissimilar to what has happened in these scenarios before. Scott Thompson was always coming to Adelaide in 05, but still met with Mark Williams to at least hear their pitch. Dawson was always coming to Adelaide, but went through the process with Port too. Luko has just done the same to us, probably always choosing Port but at least listened to our pitch.

Not much point narrowing it down to one club immediately as it reduces your bargaining power in terms of contract size.
Hope this is accurate..

I have to say it's really weird seeing people that know the club is shit, complain about it being shit all year on this forum, and still think all our recruitment sits squarely on Reid's shoulders. Like the club didn't just do everything it could to make his job impossible.

Plus there's a list management group that make these decisions, Reid only conveys the offer decided to the player's manager. Whatever contract is offered to Cumming was a mutually arrived at number between Roo, Kelly, Nicks and Reid. The amount of input that the CFO and CEO have is unknown, we've heard they're just there to push the agenda along (CEO) and fill in the spreadsheet (CFO).

Was there anybody who didn't expect he would at least go to hear Port's offer? It would be career negligence to just ignore the only other team in town altogether.

He's also not going to say "well I'm almost certainly not going to Port but I checked them out anyway just in case." Why would he cost himself potentially tens of thousands of dollars worth of leverage?

I'll be as disappointed as anybody if we don't land him, but a throwaway line at an airport means nothing.

That random account on X claiming to have intel seems to think that the deal was effectively done 2 weeks ago with the Crows, but with Collingwood coming hard for Perryman, Port decided to up their offer for Cumming. The Crows have since upped their offer.

I have to say it's really weird seeing people that know the club is shit, complain about it being shit all year on this forum, and still think all our recruitment sits squarely on Reid's shoulders. Like the club didn't just do everything it could to make his job impossible.
Surely the club have done everything they can to give Reid ample cap space

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yesterday he said he was certain to be a Crow
If he is tight with Tex, like Luko and Rozee, then it should swing him our way as long as we have a great deal in front of him. No reason for him to choose port if he has the strong link with tex and will get to play his preferred role in our side. Be really disappointing if it does not play out like that and big big questions need to be asked of our recruitment team

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Isaac Cumming - UFA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back