It breaks my heart

Remove this Banner Ad

You know what i find funny, is that Gazza congratulated Geelong and the boys on winning the 2011 AFL premiership, but quickly then said something along the lines of,
"I would find it a lot more satisfying captaining the Gold Coast and win the premiership".

Oh sure Gaz, trying to get in our face ?? IF you win a flag with the Gold Coast, it won't be from hard work, it'll be because the AFL handed you shitloads of young talent. There's no doubt that he thought we were finished after 2010, he would have been like "wtf" when he saw Ling and Scotty holding the premiership trophy.

Jimmy = more valuable player than jnr:D
always has and always will.
He along with Johnson are the two blokes that will hurt the most when they retire.
Debatable. Scarlett for me. Ablett, Bartel, Kelly, SJ all from the amazing 01 draft. When Bartel, SJ, and Kelly retire, hopefully not all in the one year, it really will be the end of an era if succession planning has not been implemented. But individually, they will slowly decline anyway and retirement will seem inevitable by then. Looking at that freak Simon Black, if Bartel is like him, we may have him for a while yet.

I'd love it if we won the flag this year, and played the Gold Coast in our first game at Skilled next year. Let the Suns run out for their warm-up and unfurl the flag in front of Gaz. :D
Unfortunately, MM got on the media works pre finals, probably knowing Pies were gone for the year as he later revealed, ( "round 16 I knew we were gone"), and told the football world that Geelong should not get home games against GC and GWS next year as they are just too strong and it's not good for football. Too many thrashings. What's the bet the AFL take that on board and we only get away games against those 2 teams until we decline.

Debatable. Scarlett for me. Ablett, Bartel, Kelly, SJ all from the amazing 01 draft. When Bartel, SJ, and Kelly retire, hopefully not all in the one year, it really will be the end of an era if succession planning has not been implemented. But individually, they will slowly decline anyway and retirement will seem inevitable by then. Looking at that freak Simon Black, if Bartel is like him, we may have him for a while yet.

yeh true and I guess we don't really have a ready-made replacement for Scarlett apart from Taylor who is magnificent and he has taken some of the most crucial marks in the club's history but Scarlett has rarely ever been beaten by opponents over the course of his entire career (apart from his debut season).

I'm still going with Jimmy though, always said Ablett wouldn't hurt us when he left and it was because of this bloke.
I understand it's easy to forget as time goes by but I rate Black amongst the very best midfielders of them all but for me, Bartel has impacted games to a greater extent than what Black has in his tireless career.

Jimmy's not only harder (he throws his weight around) but he's also been able to kick very important goals and his consistency in finals is truly awesome.
25 disposals, 6 marks, 16 goals (5 in the grand finals) and 5 tackles per game in 20 finals appearances since 2004.
Those statistics are up there with the greats and he's 27 going on 28 so you can only assume he will be adding to those numbers.

And to think there were a couple of Cat fans in here who were debating with me that Pendlebury, Thomas & Swan are better than our main trio:rolleyes:

Ablett jnr's stats are also pretty damn good
26 disposals, 17 goals, 3½ marks and 4½ tackles in 17 finals appearances.
Simon Black's averages are 23 disposals, 2½ marks, 9 goals and 5 tackles in 20 finals appearances.

Jimmy's aerial ability is evident but it also shows how good defensively he is with the tackles he lays in every final.

Unfortunately, MM got on the media works pre finals, probably knowing Pies were gone for the year as he later revealed, ( "round 16 I knew we were gone"), and told the football world that Geelong should not get home games against GC and GWS next year as they are just too strong and it's not good for football. Too many thrashings. What's the bet the AFL take that on board and we only get away games against those 2 teams until we decline.

Wow didnt hear any of this, would love to get a source so i could check it out . Amazing.

Bit rich him saying this when the Pies got how many MCG games this year? and only 4 interstate games too.

Wow didnt hear any of this, would love to get a source so i could check it out . Amazing.

Bit rich him saying this when the Pies got how many MCG games this year? and only 4 interstate games too.

Here's one article: http://www.bigpondsport.com/malthouse-blames-afl-for-routs/tabid/91/newsid/75701/default.aspx

He said the AFL's fixtures were currently based too much on promotional considerations, such as Geelong meeting Gold Coast twice, to pit Suns captain Gary Ablett against his former side.
'The draw doesn't do favours to football - I don't think so anyway,' Malthouse said.

http://www.bigpondsport.com/malthouse-blames-afl-for-routs/tabid/91/newsid/75701/default.aspx

Also here: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...e-mick-malthouse/story-e6frg7mf-1226113367085

Funny how at the time he wasn't making any suggestions about how Collingwood's draw might not be "good for football". :rolleyes:

ahhh good old Mick Malthouse, one of football's greatest losers:D

He summed it all up after the 2009 preliminary thrashing "Geelong's best compared to ours will always be a 6 goal better side", couldn't have summed it up any better Mick.

I found it very distasteful listening to one of the radio stations at the game in round 1 against the Saints, had Lloyd stating the bloody obvious as usual and his mate Mick next to him.
The game was a good old slog as we really looked completely underdone and Lloyd looks over to Mick who had a wide grin on his schmuck little face and Lloyd then states how Collingwood would completely run all over these two sides when they play during the year.

Karma is a bi*ch :p

Remove this Banner Ad

It breaks my heart

Remove this Banner Ad

Back