It's Geelong's flag to lose now

Remove this Banner Ad

If Cox didn't go out and maybe a little bit less favoring I dare say we would have won.

Pies still a class outfit but nothing like last year it would seem. Daisy is a big out

Ridiculous statement. Form in recent weeks not withstanding, over the course of the whole year Collingwood have been the best team. If it's a Collingwood v Geelong Grand Final, and Collingwood lose, it will be looked upon as a monumental choke in the context of the year they've had. If Geelong lost to Collingwood, it wouldn't be looked upon as anywhere near as harshly.
How so when Geelong have beaten Collingwood both times they have played this year and only lost 1 more game than them in the minor round?

Actually... I wouldn't be surprised to see Geelong go out in the Prelim... They will have to play either:-

Essendon (unlikely to get to the prelim but they've beaten Geelong this year),

Carlton (big chance - 1 very narrow loss to the cats and 1 fairly close match IIRC) or

West Coast (have also beaten Geelong this year).

Geelong would comprehensively pants Essendon in a prelim at the G, I'm afraid.

I would see West Coast as having the best chance. Carlton would go to pieces under finals pressure.

Actually... I wouldn't be surprised to see Geelong go out in the Prelim... They will have to play either:-

Essendon (unlikely to get to the prelim but they've beaten Geelong this year),

Carlton (big chance - 1 very narrow loss to the cats and 1 fairly close match IIRC) or

West Coast (have also beaten Geelong this year).

yeah i'll be nervous if we play carlton, i wouldn't be surprised to see the pies being knocked out in the prelim by the saints too. payback.

It's interesting however to note that during the year, all we heard was how Collingwood would peak in finals...well surely they should be building, rather then falling away from where they were a month ago??

Not that it matters, just pointing it out.

Pies/Cats GF still, and will be a great struggle

This is probably what was said about Geelong in 2007 after just beating us in the Prelim, Geelong in 2009 when Port beat them at home, Collingwood last year after the drawn GF, etc.

The point is that BigFooty is notoriously bad for people jumping the gun on writing teams off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After today, there has to be no doubt that Geelong are clearly the best side at the right time of year. If the Eagles skills were a little better today, the Pies wouldn't have won that, a very unimpressive performance. What's everyone else thinking?

Agree wholeheartedly with this. Geelong look to be in better touch, and seem intent on not letting this one slip.

Ridiculous statement. Form in recent weeks not withstanding, over the course of the whole year Collingwood have been the best team. If it's a Collingwood v Geelong Grand Final, and Collingwood lose, it will be looked upon as a monumental choke in the context of the year they've had. If Geelong lost to Collingwood, it wouldn't be looked upon as anywhere near as harshly.

What an absolute load of CRAP!!!

Geelong dominated both games they played the Pies this year, even though the result was a lot closer in game 1. Undersell the Cats all you like, but they will own you GF day.

I thought today's game said more about West Coast than it did about Collingwood.

If anything I think this finals race is as open as it gets. Collingwood, Geelong, West Coast, even St. Kilda could have legitimate claims to the flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

It's Geelong's flag to lose now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back