It's offical Pies not up to it

Remove this Banner Ad

BUCKS THANKS

Debutant
Oct 9, 2007
Geelong
AFL Club
Collingwood
It's hard enough to watch AFL footy as it is such an awesome game (NOT) but the pies are well off the mark to be smashed by 11 goals is a disgrace I dont care how good the hawks are collingwood supporters are kidding themselves if they think they will hit premiership glory this year.
What makes it worse is the ch10 coverage it woeful, Robert Walls mentioned 7 times that the pies going wide will suit the hawks, what a joke!!

What has happened to AFL footy, does anyone on this website think AFL footy is in good condition its becoming more non contact everytime I watch it, the rule changes have destroyed this once tough game
Thanks Andrew Demrtriwog and Adrian Anal

It's hard enough to watch AFL footy as it is such an awesome game (NOT) but the pies are well off the mark to be smashed by 11 goals is a disgrace I dont care how good the hawks are collingwood supporters are kidding themselves if they think they will hit premiership glory this year.
What makes it worse is the ch10 coverage it woeful, Robert Walls mentioned 7 times that the pies going wide will suit the hawks, what a joke!!

What has happened to AFL footy, does anyone on this website think AFL footy is in good condition its becoming more non contact everytime I watch it, the rule changes have destroyed this once tough game
Thanks Andrew Demrtriwog and Adrian Anal
i think us getting so close to the grand final last year made us feel closer to glory than we actually are....
if you compare player to player.. there is no way we should've gotten so close to geelong in the prelim last year...

Hawks beat Geelong by 11 goals last year. These things happen, keep the razor away from the wrist

Thats becuase they were a very talented yet inconsistant side, this year they are talented and consistant play great brand of attacking rough hard footy.
We on the other hand have been known for over a decade to be team with a hard working no thrills midfield full of soft plodders with inacurate disposal.
When are we finaly going to address our midfield woes and also our skinny frigging players they aren't as big or strong ive been saying it for years.

We were below our best, but our best probably wouldn't win against their best anyway. We still need to plug a few holes before we'll see any silver wear.

Hawks beat Geelong by 11 goals last year. These things happen, keep the razor away from the wrist

Hmmm...I think we beat Geelong by 4 points in Tassie.

A little different to what happened today.

Problem is, players like Medhurst, Thomas, and Davis seem to go missing when the going gets tough.

we are sucking badly, and Travis Cloke needs to snap out of his shitty inconsistent form and start producing when we need him the most..not kick 3 in junk time vs shitty teams :mad::mad:

Well im not feeling all that bad today as i am not bagging anyone or slitting wrists or actually not really pissed off. We just got smashed by a better team and really only in the last 25 minutes. I only have one question and that is why is the big H still in the firsts. I just think he has put in a few bad performances in the last few matches. Today he just made crap decisions. Obrien needs to be dropped. I really enjoyed watching buddy he is just unreal. Owell, few beers and move on to next week

if the midfield cant win the footy i cant see how its medders and other smalls fault we didnt win a contest and lack of signing players that actually can hit a target is costing us in spades.

Hawthorn didn't beat Geelong by 11 goals last season, but Collingwood beat Geelong by 102 points in 2006, and look what has happened since then, and last year, Brisbane beat Collingwood by 93 points, yet we nearly made a Grand Final which could have led to a premiership. It was definitely a disappointing loss today because Cloke, Didak, Thomas and Medhurst were missing when they needed to stand-up with Rocca out. However, instead of bagging and writing off the team, as many do, things can definitely improve with the players already there, and it's much better to support the team of course.

I was watching it live from here in the US, and they went far too wide, to Hawthorn's credit. Cloke should have been in front of the goals, and the players should have been bombing it to him and if he gets in front, then he should be able to get the ball, with small players crumbing, but unfortunately those players were missing today. The Collingwood forward line still needs Rocca because he contests and he brings other players into the game. My main criticism is that Collingwood let Hawthorn dictate the terms from start to end by sticking to the wings and flanks without taking them on in the middle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we're going to be the only team in the league to kick the ball instead of handball, we need better footskills. That much should be bleedingly obvious.

Also, as we already know, our midfield isn't up to it.

Hawthorn didn't beat Geelong by 11 goals last season, but Collingwood beat Geelong by 102 points in 2006, and look what has happened since then, and last year, Brisbane beat Collingwood by 93 points, yet we nearly made a Grand Final which could have led to a premiership. It was definitely a disappointing loss today because Cloke, Didak, Thomas and Medhurst were missing when they needed to stand-up with Rocca out. However, instead of bagging and writing off the team, as many do, things can definitely improve with the players already there, and it's much better to support the team of course.

I was watching it live from here in the US, and they went far too wide, to Hawthorn's credit. Cloke should have been in front of the goals, and the players should have been bombing it to him and if he gets in front, then he should be able to get the ball, with small players crumbing, but unfortunately those players were missing today. The Collingwood forward line still needs Rocca because he contests and he brings other players into the game. My main criticism is that Collingwood let Hawthorn dictate the terms from start to end by sticking to the wings and flanks without taking them on in the middle.

Great theory, but Travis Cloke struggles to win the ball inside 50. 70% of his possessions are won in uncontested situations between wing and half forward. He is still young so there is hope, but the signs at the moment are not great.

He is still young so there is hope, but the signs at the moment are not great.
I'm much more optimistic about it. All good teams need two big marking forwards, and although we were able to get away with it against Essendon, it was not going to work against Hawthorn. Franklin is not the same player without Roughead and vise versa. Brown needs Bradshaw. Reiwoldt needs Koschitke. Cloke definitely needs Rocca to at least take a good defender, compete, and bring players into the game.

This could be the kick in the pants we need. next year we should go all out to recruit Ben Cousins. Seeing today Obree butcher the ball wasnt funny. Also i think its time to play dawes reid or someone tall in the forward line. Why was Cook brought in for did he actually touch the ball/

I'm much more optimistic about it. All good teams need two big marking forwards, and although we were able to get away with it against Essendon, it was not going to work against Hawthorn. Franklin is not the same player without Roughead and vise versa. Brown needs Bradshaw. Reiwoldt needs Koschitke. Cloke definitely needs Rocca to at least take a good defender, compete, and bring players into the game.

You make a good point about having two tall marking options up forward. However I am not convinced about Cloke being a top CHF, as even when Rocca plays, he wins too many of his possessions through uncontested marks outside 50, therefore does not bother the scoreboard much. And there is no pressure like scoreboard pressure.

how about people back off Travis Cloke he is what 21 and won a copeland trophy in a great season for the club and works bloody hard for a big man maybe people should go to the footy and watch cloke from a distance and see how he gets into position and how hard he runs needs good cattle around him for support

This could be the kick in the pants we need. next year we should go all out to recruit Ben Cousins. Seeing today Obree butcher the ball wasnt funny. Also i think its time to play dawes reid or someone tall in the forward line. Why was Cook brought in for did he actually touch the ball/
Cook was no where near it all day, in saying that he was the wrong choice for this contest from seeing the emergencies Cox should of played so we could of had one of maxwell or himself in the defence.

We still would of lost i will not doubt the fact, but that selection was funny. Hopefully rocca was injured because if he was left out as it "bettered" the team then MM needs to re asses what he thinks is bettered.

As others have observed, we were well short of the mark today, but no disgrace really as Hawks are probably the form team of the competition.

Again, we just don't get enough of the ball from the clearances. We need to start to take it away from the centre and apply scoreboard pressure. We should bring in Wellingham next game and for God's sake let's hope Cox has a good one in the ressies to force his way into the team too. Definitley play Rocca (he wasn't fit today - ankle) as well. Out go O'Bree, Cook and (maybe) Harry.

considering how badly we were playing we were still in the contest for 3 quarters and only got smashed in the last quarter hard to stop franklin,roughhead and williams with the dleivery they were getting all afternoon

if the midfield cant win the footy i cant see how its medders and other smalls fault we didnt win a contest and lack of signing players that actually can hit a target is costing us in spades.
True, only 30 or so inside 50s as opposed to 60+ previously. Midfield smashed by class.

No, last season the Hawks beat us by 4 points in our first ever visit to Tassie (With Steven King tapping the ball beautifully to Shane Crawford for the deciding goal DOH). The flogging you are thinking of was during our glorious season of 2006. Still I can't blame you for having a hazy memory in relation to Cats v Hawks games, we haven't played each other for over a year now.

regards,

REB

Remove this Banner Ad

It's offical Pies not up to it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back