IT'S OFFICIAL! FYFE RE-SIGNS!

Remove this Banner Ad

Epic news. Insert pic of erection through computer monitor.

I see the three years as a wait and see on Pav, Sandi, Mundy and McPharlin. Once the futures of those four are determined we could offer an extension front load the current deal etc.

Obviously don't know the truth of it, but radio news (94.5) reported a $2.5mil deal :eek: (although, personally I think that would be money well spent by the club).

I think 3 years was intentional from the club

Takes him into restricted FA so we have a chance to match .. anything longer than 3 would take him in full FA and then its a lottery

Win-Win because he still gets a chance to test the market in 3 years but we get right of reply for whatever comes his way

What this also means is that assuming he plays the majority of games over the next contract period, Fyfe will reach 150 games in purple.

Enter... The Sons of Fyfe. A dynasty is born!

Smart move by the club. Should have plenty of money to match any offer with likely retirements of Sandi, Pav, McPharlin and maybe Mundy to offer Fyfe a big deal while the club works on setting up the next cop of superstars coming through. I see Fyfe as a Docker for life and probably next skipper.

Smart move by the club. Should have plenty of money to match any offer with likely retirements of Sandi, Pav, McPharlin and maybe Mundy to offer Fyfe a big deal while the club works on setting up the next cop of superstars coming through. I see Fyfe as a Docker for life and probably next skipper.
Yeah, I think this is a big motivator for his contract length as well. He's not quite the biggest name at the club yet, but by the time of his next contract signing he will be. I think three years is both in his and the club's best interest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha and the news comes to you first from the US ;)

Good work Gil
Actually it was on the main board and the Fyfe open to offers thread 4 hours earlier, so a few of us have been riding the wave a bit longer.

poppin1.gif

dink.gif

Never in doubt ;)

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/afl/a/24321243/fyfe-signs-for-another-three-years/

Emerging Fremantle superstar Nat Fyfe is likely to become the club's highest-paid player in a three-year deal to be announced today - believed to be worth $2.5 million - which ties him to the Dockers until the end of the 2017 season.

Great news, but honestly, where do these idiots come up with that - it's pet peeve with me when journos throw salaries around as if they've got a good idea when nearly always they're guessing. He'd be well paid, no doubt, but there's no way Duffield would know what he's getting. He may "believe" it, but having worked in the pro-sport and media industry, I don't believe it for one minute. Just educated* guess, and a poor one I reckon.

Anyway, it's ripping news - though not unexpected TBH. Thought it might sit on the burner for a bit longer, but other than that, I wasn't too worried about Nat. Mundy on the other hand, there is a little nagging doubt - he becomes priority No.1 now.

* By educated, I mean ignorant as shit.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

IT'S OFFICIAL! FYFE RE-SIGNS!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back