Its Time For Trigg To Resign.

Remove this Banner Ad

What a butterfly effect.

John Reid sells our soul for Tiprat
Trigg screws the pooch.
We lose 4-6 1st and 2nd round picks
Our best player claims to be looking for success right when those draft picks would have come on
Best player leaves

I posted it elsewhere but we just finished the Ayres-Bad-Drafting era and begun the Trigg-Sanctions era, were stuffed for about six - ten years

Spot on, you heroic son of a bitch.

Trigg has caused untold damage to our Club.

If we didn't cop the Tippett bullshit.
If we didn't needlessly extent the contract of a hopeless coach, who we knew was a massively divisive and destructive figure...

Then I'm certain Dangerfield wouldn't have left..

Oh. And we'd have 3 more first round draft picks.

****ing Trigg.

Spot on, you heroic son of a bitch.

Trigg has caused untold damage to our Club.

If we didn't cop the Tippett bullshit.
If we didn't needlessly extent the contract of a hopeless coach, who we knew was a massively divisive and destructive figure...

Then I'm certain Dangerfield wouldn't have left..

Oh. And we'd have 3 more first round draft picks.

******* Trigg.

Sorry, hit reply instead of like.

Yep.

I'm pretty sure I suggested one of those flyover signs when we wanted Triggy gone.

We know what to do next time... But hopefully there won't be a next time.

#neveragain

Link posted by MRB37 in the preseason thread and thought there was an interesting, almost throwaway, line contained within this very good article.

“I had a rough patch early with Mick, some disagreements,” revealed Pyke, who has sponsors like Balfours clamouring to rejoin Adelaide in 2016 despite a tough economic climate.

"Rejoin". I wasn't aware that Balfours had pulled the pin. But not surprising as very few businesses would want their exposure to be related to odd deals that resulted in club sanctions. I wonder how many of these "sponsors signing back on in droves" actually didn't and what the dollar value lost was. It remains very disappointing that our board, who mostly remain, allowed an obviously intended and deceptive statement to become part of the public record in order to suit their own ass-saving agenda.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...a34ab9ba56e505ac9ef0a759f?from=herald sun_rss

Link posted by MRB37 in the preseason thread and thought there was an interesting, almost throwaway, line contained within this very good article.

“I had a rough patch early with Mick, some disagreements,” revealed Pyke, who has sponsors like Balfours clamouring to rejoin Adelaide in 2016 despite a tough economic climate.

"Rejoin". I wasn't aware that Balfours had pulled the pin. But not surprising as very few businesses would want their exposure to be related to odd deals that resulted in club sanctions. I wonder how many of these "sponsors signing back on in droves" actually didn't and what the dollar value lost was. It remains very disappointing that our board, who mostly remain, allowed an obviously intended and deceptive statement to become part of the public record in order to suit their own ass-saving agenda.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/adelaide-crows-coach-don-pyke-will-be-turning-an-analytical-mind-to-the-job/news-story/c7e3adca34ab9ba56e505ac9ef0a759f?from=herald sun_rss

I missed that when I first read it. Good really, they'll never back Port after they decided on Four 'n Twenty

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/adelaide-crows-coach-don-pyke-will-be-turning-an-analytical-mind-to-the-job/news-story/c7e3adca34ab9ba56e505ac9ef0a759f?from=herald sun_rss

I'm sure Balfours were a Premier Partner this year (still on club website as 2015 club partner), could rejoin just mean re-commit for further years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't really get the reference to Balfours and sponsors clamouring to re-sign in the article. It had no relevance to what the core of the article was about whatsoever.

Possibly added in by the 'Chief Football Writer' after the article was submitted perhaps...

I don't really get the reference to Balfours and sponsors clamouring to re-sign in the article. It had no relevance to what the core of the article was about whatsoever.

Possibly added in by the 'Chief Football Writer' after the article was submitted perhaps...
That's what I thought.
But isn't the chief football writer in Italy?

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

That is typical of Richard Earle articles. He fills out sentences by adding irrelevant fillers. It's why I really dislike his lazy style because if he were a decent journalist he would add insight of his own.

I actually thought our PR person probably put pressure to get that in there. THATS the message we want getting out.

My thoughts exactly. As stated, the Carlton board are a bunch of feuding Warlords. Trigg will destroy Carlton like Schwab destroyed the Demons when they appointed Mark Neeld as coach. You heard it here 1st.
What a butterfly effect.

John Reid sells our soul for Tiprat
Trigg screws the pooch.
We lose 4-6 1st and 2nd round picks
Our best player claims to be looking for success right when those draft picks would have come on
Best player leaves

I posted it elsewhere but we just finished the Ayres-Bad-Drafting era and begun the Trigg-Sanctions era, were stuffed for about six - ten years
I'm no Trigg apologist and am glad he's gone but while he was by no means blameless, I'm pretty sure he took the rap for some others like Chapman and Reid who had as much or more to do with the whole disaster.

Some of the names we missed out on like Broomhead don't particularly excite me. Cripps would have been handy, assuming we took him of course. As for Dangerfield staying if it hadn't happened. Really ?

One of the worst aspects of the whole affair was hiring expensive QC's not to reduce the club's sanctions but to reduce individual penalties for those responsible. Extending Sando's contract was also stupid but surely this was a board decision.

As for Carlton, their main problem is that they have rich benefactors who then feel they should run the show. I've heard he was hired to bring the day to day running back to the football department. Will he do that? Hopefully not coz I'd like Carlton to remain a rabble.

Yeah I think we are reading too much into it.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
It sounds like that we were wanting to make the point that we're still keeping local sponsors, despite the economy not being great and he's just worked it into the piece awkwardly and out of context.

Extending Sando's contract was also stupid but surely this was a board decision.

I think Boards would consider issues like this for enorsement (or not), rather than initiating such a move.

I'm pretty sure something like an extension of the coach's contract would be a recommendation from the CEO and possibly General Manager Football Operations, that would need Board sign off. Trigg would have argued that extending the contract killed speculation and uncertainty about Sando's future, thus giving him more authority with the players.

As we now know, the Triggmeister's judgement was lacking on this issue (as with so many other issues).

I think Boards would consider issues like this for enorsement (or not), rather than initiating such a move.

I'm pretty sure something like an extension of the coach's contract would be a recommendation from the CEO and possibly General Manager Football Operations, that would need Board sign off. Trigg would have argued that extending the contract killed speculation and uncertainty about Sando's future, thus giving him more authority with the players.

As we now know, the Triggmeister's judgement was lacking on this issue (as with so many other issues).
I spoke to Trigg before he re-signed and I drilled him about Sando's resigning.

He said no one complained when Collingwood did the same thing with Buckley and the club had protected themselves financially in case it went pear shape which it did. Which if reports of the payout are correct sounds like bullshit.

I spoke to Trigg before he re-signed and I drilled him about Sando's resigning.

He said no one complained when Collingwood did the same thing with Buckley and the club had protected themselves financially in case it went pear shape which it did. Which if reports of the payout are correct sounds like bullshit.
By "protect ourselves financially" I assume he means we bet on the other teams to beat us

Remove this Banner Ad

Its Time For Trigg To Resign.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back