It's Time to go, Simon Goodwin

Remove this Banner Ad

neolightveo

Draftee
Feb 27, 2024
AFL Club
Melbourne
Goodwin under no circumstances should coach to 2026. We will be absolutely ruined. This is ****ed and requires immediate action. Hurry and get this done. You don't have much time to appoint a new coach. I always say that despite Gary pert saying patracca will stay, there is always some truth to a rumor. And I have heard he has lost the senior players. That should make his position untenable. Goodwin is running our club into the ground. Our game plan hasn't evolved since 2021 and buzzwords like "defense" and "contest are dated ways to play and we need to try something new game style wise that is more modern. It is also boring as hell to watch and its no wonder fans are not going. As Always our forward line refuses to improve because of greg Stafford and Simon Goodwin. We have a legit Ruckman coaching our forwards.
And Goodwin legit dosent see or dosent care about improving our abysmal forward line.
Put that in with poor culture and I think that he is running our club into the ground and needs to go.

If he has lost senior players at the dee's that should be justification to get the sack and should be the final straw because that is the worst thing a coach can achieve

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

If he has lost senior players at the dee's that should be justification to get the sack and should be the final straw because that is the worst thing a coach can achiev
Seems weird you'd have a media report on a senior player wanting a trade out, if it was actually possible, due to how the club is performing and state that you don't have an issue with the coach.

I think a general Melbourne thread on this board probably has merit.

Quite a challenge to put the pieces together in a timeline of the past 12 months: consecutive straight sets exits from the finals following the 2021 premiership, the Clayton show in preseason. Gawn's comments that outsider's should come in to see how brilliant the culture is (how's that looking now?), the Dees looking like a contender for the first half of the year, the scandalous nature of Petracca's injury, the wheels coming off the season and then the rumour of Petracca being unhappy and wanting out with confirmed reports of Neal-Bullen wanting out like 48 hours later (no issue with ANB's desire to go home, but curious timing for this news to break, to put it mildly). That's off the top of my head, I'm sure I've missed a fair bit.

And how could we forget the champagne Gary Pert statements whenever a controversy pops up? The silly duffer's gone and tried to put out the fire with a tin of metho again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

with confirmed reports of Neal-Bullen wanting out like 48 hours later (no issue with ANB's desire to go home, but curious timing for this news to break, to put it mildly).
If they won the game against Port they would've been only 1 game out of the 8 and still in the hunt.
They play Gold Coast and Collingwood.
Instead now they're 2 games and 10% outside of the eight.

They can only catch the Bulldogs and Hawthorn points wise. So they'd need one of those two teams to lose both games against (WB) North & Giants, (Haw) Richmond and North.

If they beat Port, they'd also be in striking range of Freo who have the Giants (away) and Port (home). So two losses are a reasonable possibility here, while its unlikely the Dogs and Hawks lose both.

They're really no chance of playing finals anymore. So thats the reasoning for your timing.

Remove this Banner Ad

It's Time to go, Simon Goodwin

Remove this Banner Ad

Back