Opinion "It's Your Call"

Remove this Banner Ad

Harry Reems

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well I just watched the "It's Your Call" segment on the AFL web site with Wayne Schwass and Jeff Gieschen.

(I wonder why they changed the name from "What's Your Decision"?)

Anyway, "The Giesch" actually admits that the free kick to Tendai Mzungu should have been paid in the last quarter and said that it was the umpires' fault for not being in the right place to see the infringement occur.

Instead he was standing on the boundary line with the boundary umpire. (How Matthew Nichols gets a game is beyond me.)

He also admits to getting the interchange infringement wrong against the Swans and said that Fremantle should never have been gifted that goal.

So in otherwords one stuff up cancels out the other.

Everyone happy with that?

Not the same type of infringement, so they don't cancel out.

Where I was sitting at the ground I didn't realise that the Sydney stuffed the interchange. I thought the free was there because a Swans player pushed Mayne in the back as he kicked a point and they brought it back. I haven't watched the replay and it was at the other end of the ground so I dont know how bad it was. For those who watched it on TV did they know what the infringement was for straight away?

Not the same type of infringement, so they don't cancel out.

Where I was sitting at the ground I didn't realise that the Sydney stuffed the interchange. I thought the free was there because a Swans player pushed Mayne in the back as he kicked a point and they brought it back. I haven't watched the replay and it was at the other end of the ground so I dont know how bad it was. For those who watched it on TV did they know what the infringement was for straight away?

Commentators knew it was an interchange infringement. It wasn't until a while later that they learned the infringement was for incorrect paperwork.

Well I just watched the "It's Your Call" segment on the AFL web site with Wayne Schwass and Jeff Gieschen.

(I wonder why they changed the name from "What's Your Decision"?)

Anyway, "The Giesch" actually admits that the free kick to Tendai Mzungu should have been paid in the last quarter and said that it was the umpires' fault for not being in the right place to see the infringement occur.

Instead he was standing on the boundary line with the boundary umpire. (How Matthew Nichols gets a game is beyond me.)

He also admits to getting the interchange infringement wrong against the Swans and said that Fremantle should never have been gifted that goal.

So in otherwords one stuff up cancels out the other.

Everyone happy with that?

How Dean Margetts is EVER allowed to umpire in a Fremantle game baffles me!!

Seated in 101 at Subi I see all sorts of atrocities this maggot pays against us, all the while the same infractions by the opposing teams seemingly get unnoticed by him and the rest of his men in white.

I cringe when I see him as one of the umps in our games.

Seated in 101 at Subi I see all sorts of atrocities this maggot pays against us, all the while the same infractions by the opposing teams seemingly get unnoticed by him and the rest of his men in white.

Dare I say Luke Farmer as well ...

That's a lot of cringing because we get him in virtually every home game.
He definitely deserves to be shared around. In fact I was amazed he got the game between cats & hawks.

I counted 9 occasions where Sydney immediately dropped the ball when tackled without one free paid against them.
Compare that with the Crowley HTB in the last.

Oh that Crowley one was ridiculous. Margetts is hardly the worst offender though. Compared to McBurney or Farmer, the guy is a Saint.

This game was a square up for last year where Chamberlain forgot how much he hates us. The nuggetty looking newbie in the Cats game in round one was pretty even-handed, which is all I hope for.

Oh that Crowley one was ridiculous. Margetts is hardly the worst offender though. Compared to McBurney or Farmer, the guy is a Saint.

This game was a square up for last year where Chamberlain forgot how much he hates us. The nuggetty looking newbie in the Cats game in round one was pretty even-handed, which is all I hope for.

Yeah. Razor Ray pretty much gifted us last year.
I hope next game we start with an even slate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't quite remember if Crowley's falls into this category ... but if you make no attempt to get the ball out, then the umpires will ping you. Even if it is impossible to dispose of the ball, you have to make a token/futile effort. It is one stupid part of the rule. The exact same tackle and pinned ball can result in two different decisions, depending on if the tackled player pretends he is trying to get the ball out or not.

Would be pretty stoked if Farmer, McBurney and Nicholls never umpired any of our games again. Funny how it's usually the bald maggots that are generally the worst.

They're just jelly we don't have any bald players on our team :thumbsu:

Still ridiculous the Mzungu call wasn't made as it was 3 dead-set offences made by the Sydney player at such a crucial moment in the game

Reminds me of the McPharlin non-holding the ball call on Milburn? in 08 when we were 5 points or so down

Can't quite remember if Crowley's falls into this category ... but if you make no attempt to get the ball out, then the umpires will ping you. Even if it is impossible to dispose of the ball, you have to make a token/futile effort. It is one stupid part of the rule. The exact same tackle and pinned ball can result in two different decisions, depending on if the tackled player pretends he is trying to get the ball out or not.

Have they not ever heard the words "No prior"??? The ball literally landed in his hands and he had three players wrap him up in the same motion. Such a frustrating rule as there are different interpretations each week.

They're just jelly we don't have any bald players on our team :thumbsu:

Still ridiculous the Mzungu call wasn't made as it was 3 dead-set offences made by the Sydney player at such a crucial moment in the game

Reminds me of the McPharlin non-holding the ball call on Milburn? in 08 when we were 5 points or so down

Wasn't there a similar one with Kelly? Or is that the same one? I'm pretty sure it was Kelly.

I know what you mean with Mzungu though. There was a hold, an in the back and then a head high all in one.

Taking my purple glasses off for a second, I can actually understand them not paying the Mzungu free.
They do it every game, in the final 5mins they tend to let alot more go than normal as there worried about changing the outcome.

Just part of the final 5mins umpires letting things slide in close games.
See it in other non freo games.

Dont agree with it, if its there an its so obvious it must be paid.
Sure dont get involved an pay the soft crap they normally do but blatant stuff must be paid no matter where on ground.

Would bet if the scores werent so close they would of paid it.
Also if it happened outside forward 50 an wouldnt of resulted in a goal they would of paid it.

Part of the final 5mins dont get involved let the players sort it out deal.

hate how they umpire differently at ends of games, an umpire differently for finals.
Umpire the same week in week out all game.
Pay the obvious stuff that impacts play.
Ignore the soft crap that has no impact on play.

Surname Ritchie i think?? One of the best games umpired i have seen in a while.. poles apart to Margetts at the other end of the ground :rolleyes:

Taking my purple glasses off for a second, I can actually understand them not paying the Mzungu free.
They do it every game, in the final 5mins they tend to let alot more go than normal as there worried about changing the outcome.

Just part of the final 5mins umpires letting things slide in close games.
See it in other non freo games.

Dont agree with it, if its there an its so obvious it must be paid.
Sure dont get involved an pay the soft crap they normally do but blatant stuff must be paid no matter where on ground.

Would bet if the scores werent so close they would of paid it.
Also if it happened outside forward 50 an wouldnt of resulted in a goal they would of paid it.

Part of the final 5mins dont get involved let the players sort it out deal.

hate how they umpire differently at ends of games, an umpire differently for finals.
Umpire the same week in week out all game.
Pay the obvious stuff that impacts play.
Ignore the soft crap that has no impact on play.

The Kepler free against the Cats in round 1 possibly saved us the game. It was there though.

Blatant free kicks should always be paid. Otherwise it's just plain and simple cheating. 15 to 27 = Cheating. F-----g C--ts.

Would be pretty stoked if Farmer, McBurney and Nicholls never umpired any of our games again. Funny how it's usually the bald maggots that are generally the worst.
i think the three stooges should be sent up to the N.T, i dont want them at the bulldogs games either. Nicholls and Mcburney especially. I think they were bullied at school as kids

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion "It's Your Call"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back