Scape Goat Iva and Ben's BDSM dungeon of Gold Coast SUNS negativity

Remove this Banner Ad

Can l suggest beating North Melbourne is going to prove ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
You can suggest anything. Personally, I will be very happy if we beat North. Happy for players, club, supporters. No easy games. Also for me, kicking Clarko's ass would be sweet. Now he is saying to North supporters wait 5 years to become competitive.

And yes, I don't think we will make finals and my bet would be Dew will be gone. But I will still enjoy footy, and Suns win (if we actually win).

Last edited:
Dew realistically needs to win 3 of the next 4 to survive the bye and get us to 4-5. You would think North and WC (with their injury list) would be more likely wins, which means you need to pinch one of Melbourne or Richmond, Melbourne got soundly beaten by Essendon on the weekend while Richmond are really struggling compared to their lofty heights, so both are chances but we will be going in underdogs.
Yeah, every game is winnable. It's more about us, how we play - not great at the moment :) I could not believe when Luko said today that we are the best stoppage team. So, I guess not all hope is lost.

As I mentioned pre-season.Every team thinks it has made big improvements over Summer.But you have to improve just to stay where you were in the comp last season.I was never sure where our jump to the next level was going to come from.Still not sure

Yeah, every game is winnable. It's more about us, how we play - not great at the moment :) I could not believe when Luko said today that we are the best stoppage team. So, I guess not all hope is lost.

Does anyone actually think we’re the best stoppage team though?

If going purely on number of clearances, then sure. Sounds like we’re number 1.

But that’s skewed by the game style we have. I bet we have high number of stoppages per game. What about %stoppages won to account for total number.

A hack kick 20m forward is a clearance but how damaging is that.

I would also be looking at score generated from stoppages. Probably a better marker of clean breakaways which is clearly a more impactful measure.

You can suggest anything. Personally, I will be very happy if we beat North. Happy for players, club, supporters. No easy games. Also for me, kicking Clarko's ass would be sweet. Now he is saying to North supporters wait 5 years to become competitive.

And yes, I don't think we will make finals and my bet would be Dew will be gone. But I will still enjoy footy, and Suns win (if we actually win).
I'll be happy to win also but we are really getting desperate if we think it means anything.
It's ridiculous the amount of first round picks we have had over the last few years and we are still no further down the track IMO. Something is seriously wrong.

Interesting selections for the Kanga game as always. Let's slip Ellis on to a HF flank - no one will notice and realise he's never played there before. Back line looks really poor and forward line not great either. I'd be playing Hollands and Humphrey as mid / forwards. Jeffery should be played to gain experience and Jy Farrah has to be better than Ben Long. I desperately hope we win but will not be shocked to see another 'brave' loss.

Tickle me Albo is no doubt a nice guy but suffers with career politician idiocy syndrome where he is more interested in his legacy than running the country.

I'm not sure any career politician is a 'nice guy'.

To survive and prosper through a lifetime of internal party politics, you'd need to be a bit of a prick.

(this is regardless of party or any other affiliation)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we allowed to criticise the whistle blowers? Two weeks in a row we’ve been up against them 4 umpires isn’t working either
Nein.

You should see what happened to the last two that ran off at the mouth a little bit too much

We're 4-5 and 3 of those wins are Richmond, North and West Coast. Need to win at least 2 of the next 3 surely
Yes have to start consistently beating better sides or finals will remain a pipe dream. Critical to our season to win both Darwin matches IMO, but a huge upset against Brisbane at the Gabba would be worth its weight in gold.

The suns must have the highest proportion of very tall or very tiny players, in the one team, in the history of the game.

No strict definition, just thinking of McPherson, rojas, oea, tsitas, those guys aren't just smalls, they are tiny.

Then you've got Collins, Ballard, Andrew, witts, chol, king, Lukousoius, king as a lot of talls in the one team.

That's 12 of the team that are either very tall or very small, just unusual is all. I suppose one concern is, that many tiny players in the team at the one time, they could get exposed in finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back