Trade Requested Ivan Soldo

Remove this Banner Ad

Did he sign a new deal when he went over to Port? Can't find any mention of it and the old Footywire contracts site showing his deal expiring 2024.
I've seen an article stating he has a deal through next season with Port. Appears he was signed to a two year deal which seems a bit strange. Would have thought 3 years at a minimum.

He's an awful forward, so not sure why he wants to go to St.Kilda. Unless they plan on playing Marshall FWD-RUC which wouldn't make sense.

Saint Soldo sailing by where a second rounder may, may, may be enough for Luko + salary dump

Saints wont trade 24 for soldo and i doubt gc would accept that anyway.
My guess is carltons future 1st (from the houston trade) probably goes to gc and maybe a r3 or a late pick back to port.

He's an awful forward, so not sure why he wants to go to St.Kilda. Unless they plan on playing Marshall FWD-RUC which wouldn't make sense.
We definitely mean to pair Marshall up as a ruck forward. He's very dangerous forward if centre. We would have done it more this year but Lyon didn't rate Campbell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cant see saints offering more than pick 43 and a future 4th maybe.

Port clearly paid well overs, cant expect to get something in the 30s for him

We definitely mean to pair Marshall up as a ruck forward. He's very dangerous forward if centre. We would have done it more this year but Lyon didn't rate Campbell.

Probably just play them the same way as Richmond did with him and Nankervis. Think Marshall should still be number one ruck, but will offer more versatility. Soldo does just enough forward to get away with it.

Price will be interesting. Thought Port really overpaid last year, he’s ok but not that good and is always injured. Saints are desperate for a guy like him so may be willing to pay up but I don’t know.

Sweet is good and Visentini is ready enough as a back up. Not sure its worth Port keeping Soldo to his contract.

Saints wont trade 24 for soldo and i doubt gc would accept that anyway.
My guess is carltons future 1st (from the houston trade) probably goes to gc and maybe a r3 or a late pick back to port.
We would be insane to pay all of Lukos salary AND part with a first rounder

Salary cap dumps are meant to come with a first rounder TO us not from us right?

Marshall resting forward is very dangerous, just don't think Soldo is the other RUC-FWD you want to pair him with.

While port definitely overpaid for him last year, I also don’t think there is any need to trade out our best ruck depth option for peanuts. Look at the position Brisbane are in this year now with the big o out for the grand final. Having a back up like soldo (who has still played the best footy of our rucks this year) or sweet is sensible, if you can afford the cap space.

While port definitely overpaid for him last year, I also don’t think there is any need to trade out our best ruck depth option for peanuts. Look at the position Brisbane are in this year now with the big o out for the grand final. Having a back up like soldo (who has still played the best footy of our rucks this year) or sweet is sensible, if you can afford the cap space.
Sweet has been miles better than Soldo this year. Him and Logan Evans the 2 bright spots.

Give him away and throw in Stinkley and Cornes.

If he wants to play as a number 1 ruck somewhere nominating us is a bit of a strange choice, but it would be a massive upgrade on Campbell and being able to throw Marshall forwards more often would be great for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Ivan Soldo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back