Speculation Ivan Soldo

Remove this Banner Ad

His value has declined since he was traded, not increased.

Port traded #29, #41, #49, #72 for Soldo and #50

Let's pretend the #49 and #50 cancel out.

Pick #29, #41 and #72 for Soldo

A second round pick isn't more value, it's less value than he was traded for.

Yes but Port severely overpaid...

Looking back on it I can't imagine many port fans think that they won that trade

Yes but Port severely overpaid...

Looking back on it I can't imagine many port fans think that they won that trade

I can understand the idea of paying for the missing piece but their other choice ruck still had Port win the clearances, so at the time it was fine - but now it's not looking great.

72 has effectively no value unless its a club that needs points and even then its negligible.

I can't see them getting a pick in the 20s for him now, likely in the 35-45 range, yet they may well just keep him.

The ruck merry-go-round continues... Sweet was traded for pick 50 which is looking alright.

I know it's independent from the Soldo trade but big picture:

Port traded #29, #41, #49, #72 for Soldo and #50, then traded #50 for Sweet. They've solved a need and will get something back for Soldo if a trade does go through.

It's like trading in for Temu Grundy and then shipping him back to China but only getting a partial refund.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems a weird move for Soldo. St Kilda has its own AA contender as its #1 ruck, he wouldn't be supplanting Marshall either, outside of injury.

Furthermore, it just tags him as a malcontent, in my opinion. You want players who are dissatisfied with their position in the reserves and determined to kick the door down to play seniors (while accepting the leadership position they've been thrust into in the lower grade); not players who think the SANFL and VFL is beneath them and demand to be traded once it's clear they're not cemented in as a first-choice player. Not sure this is a great career move frankly.

Marshall is a first class CHF, we're wasting his +EV in the ruck (+ he's not great at centre bounces)

Braydon preuss vibes going to st kilda to play vfl.

Ivan Soldo's Mrs hates Adelaide, I have been following her loosely she even moved to Dubai for a short period during the season, not surprised Ivan wants to go back to Melbourne.

It's partly probably one of the reasons + they are playing Sweet in front of him when they promised he would be the number #1 ruck. and like others have said maybe he got paid big in the first year as they expected him to be the man now. a lot of things can add up to him wanting out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Ivan Soldo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back