I've been given a job by the AFL!

Remove this Banner Ad

Southerntakeover said:
How do you get your fonts? thats my biggest problem when trying things like this
There's a lot of massive font websites around these days, but most of them give me the ****s with the amount of popups and crap you have to put up with to actually get the font you want, or you have to pay for any half decent ones, and screw that. But if you just do a google search for the kind of thing you're looking for (ie "comic fonts") you can generally find a decent enough range. Then just drop into the windows/fonts directory, restart the computer and you're good to go.

Hilarious stuff dandy go. Seriously, 200+ posts in and one of the better posters without a doubt. Keep up the good work, I look forward to the next installment :thumbsu:

Dandy_GO said:
In an effort to boost the already strong sales of the footy record, the AFL has commissioned me, Dandy_GO, to make a series of short comics to be sold with the popular publication each week. I have been given special instructions to both appeal to younger audiences, as well as include controversial material for older readers. I figured that bigfooty would be the perfect place to see how some of my ideas go down.

sandilands6al.jpg

This one is very very subtle.

sylvia3fa.jpg

*I'm not exactly sure if these are ALL TRUE STORIES actually...

lloyd3hf.jpg

Classic comic book crossovers are a great way to ensure big sales!

farmer3rl.jpg

Jeff is a loveable figure whom I'm sure will appeal to the kids.

If these go down well I'll be sure to send my ideas to the AFL and there will be more to come, which I will, of course, submit to bigfooty for approval. If anyone wants to show me any of their own ideas, I'd be more than happy to send them to the AFL along with my own, with permission.

Quality stuff, well done.:thumbsu:

The Arden Street one made me laugh out loud. All good, none bad.

Send them into 'Sam's Mailbag' on the footy show, if they aren't too highbrow for that lowest common denominator brand of wit.

Dandy_GO said:
There's a lot of massive font websites around these days, but most of them give me the ****s with the amount of popups and crap you have to put up with to actually get the font you want, or you have to pay for any half decent ones, and screw that. But if you just do a google search for the kind of thing you're looking for (ie "comic fonts") you can generally find a decent enough range. Then just drop into the windows/fonts directory, restart the computer and you're good to go.

Ill give that a try tomorrow then... thanks for the help.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cuz9ss.jpg

Imageshack seems to be a bit shonky at the moment, so apologies if this takes a bit to load.

Thanks for the compliments btw everyone. They're much appreciated :)
And cheers for the sticky, mods!

you arseh*le - all my workmates are greasing me off for laughing so loud dude. good work though :)

Dandy_GO said:
cuz9ss.jpg

Imageshack seems to be a bit shonky at the moment, so apologies if this takes a bit to load.

Thanks for the compliments btw everyone. They're much appreciated :)
And cheers for the sticky, mods!

BAHAHA

where do u get all these old comics?

MrSquashed said:
BAHAHA
where do u get all these old comics?

http://www.comiccovers.com has thousands! Its search tool leaves a lot to be desired, but in 5 or 10 minutes it's generally easy enough to find something that fits your idea.
Generally you can find something that requires very little editing. Here's the original cousins one, for example. http://www.comiccovers.com/comiccovers-280/Police Comics [Quality] V1//0126.jpg
It's all pretty easy - I'd like to see some other posters have a crack at it :)

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been given a job by the AFL!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back