I've got a comedy show next week - Discounts for Bigfooty Roos!

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 19, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
S.A Spurs, Liverpool
Hi guys,

As some of you know, when I'm not cheering my Rooboys home, I perform stand up comedy for a living. Mostly in London which is where I live now (or love now, depending on misspellings in certain threads!)

Anyways, I've got three shows coming up on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday next week, and I'm more than happy to give discounted entry to anyone on this board who is in Melbourne and wants to come along.

Tickets are normally $20, but if people PM me with the day they'd like to come along I'll put on the doorlist for $15. If you want to see some of my work before making up your mind, there's a great 2 minute clip at http://www.theworldstandsup.com/Comics-A-Z/Agisilaou.aspx which some of you might have already seen on the Comedy Channel.

THE SHOW
FIRST HALF - A 40 minute set stand up. Each night there will also be a special guest doing a 10 minute spot to open.
BREAK - In which you can indulge in the Kitten Club's famous cocktails
SECOND HALF - FIRST EVER preview of Yianni's 2007 Edinburgh Fringe Festival show "Maybe YOU'D like to teach the class?!?"

"Maybe YOU'D like to teach the class?!?!"
Smart ass students have been asked this question since time began.
Yianni was smart. And an ass. So of course he was asked.
Twenty years later he's rising to the challenge.
Come watch Yianni stick it to the man (well...Mrs. Higginbottom) in a maverick hour of 'what if' comedy!
"Sparklingly intelligent...a magical hour" - Chortle ****

DETAILS
WHEN: Tuesday 15th, Wednesday 16th & Thursday 17th of May
TIME: 8:30pm (please arrive by 8:00pm)
WHERE: Tony Starr's Kitten Club. Level 1, 267 Little Collins Street, Melbourne, 3000
PRICE: $15 for Bigfooty Roos!

Mods, I do hope I'm not out of line posting this up here. If I am, let me know and I'll take it down.

As for more immediate ways of getting a smile on our faces, let's get over the Bombers tonight!

Yianni

You could have done 15 at the Coterie dinner tonight to promote the show.

I still could if the offer is open. I'll be there tonight and am getting there early.

I've never done a Roos function. The only footy gigs I've done were for the Bulldogs. I did the gig before that match AGAINST NORTH in Round 10, 2003 when we came back from about 40 points down to win. I got paid, got free food and drinks AND got to watch us overrun the Bullies. Does it get any better than that?

All you have to do is ask....:cool:

I've PM'd you my mobile number

Haha. Great clip mate. Good stuff. If you ever come to Adelaide, make sure you post it here because i'll definitely come watch :)

Haha. Great clip mate. Good stuff. If you ever come to Adelaide, make sure you post it here because i'll definitely come watch :)

Thanks mate. I'll let you know if I'm down Adelaide way. I might do the Adelaide Fringe next year actually.

Since you're in Adelaide and can't get along to the show Chadwiko, there is a video clip and two audio clips on MY MYSPACE SITE The audio clip of "Gloucester Banter" gets especially good towards the end.

Yyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Kick Ass Funny Stuff Yianni Wwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't get the material to come up, always up for a good laugh. Do I need to access any other screen that comes up?

Cheers all.

Yianni's outsourced his joke writing to Bangalore?;)

Choose Origin Energy. ;)

Anyhoo, this is also a mini.....

Bump.jpg

......to remind you about Yianni's shows.

The man is farny.

Choose Origin Energy. ;)

Anyhoo, this is also a mini.....

Bump.jpg

......to remind you about Yianni's shows.

The man is farny.

Thanks TOD.

It's actually a close up of the title of my show.

It's about Essendon. It's called "DUMBMUPPETS"

speed20bump.jpg

A most worthy double bump brought to you by the good people of Fartsdemper.

Thanks for a great show tonight, Yianni. You delivered comedic stylings par excellence. I don't remember ever laughing so much on hearing someone's story about how they got mugged. (And, believe me, that's noteworthy. On my funny scale, muggings are right up there.)

Good stuff, man. Your material was very cool - funny and cerebral.

Nice to get a chance to say a quick hello, and best of luck at the Edinburgh Festival.

Just saw this but obviously missed the shows. When you gonna hit the stage again here in Melbourne?

I'll be continuing to appear most nights on BF.

Oh...you would mean Yianni ??

Remove this Banner Ad

I've got a comedy show next week - Discounts for Bigfooty Roos!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back