Scape Goat I've lost my faith in Ken Hinkley Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
56b95b18247eed5c69383e083643fa2d

I'm not convinced it is the truth, particularly after what Caro said on footy classified about him being under pressure. Plenty of footy players sign contacts where the last year of two is based on meeting criteria (i.e. Playing games) who's to say his massive extension wasn't tied into results this year.

Heres a contact extension for 3 years at huge money, but its only triggered by winning a final or making a prelim. now there many not be a "termination clause" but there may be criteria that needs to be met for the extension to come into effect, where we is out of contact without an extension come the end of the year.... Different name but same result for us.
You could be on the money here.
It would explain drafting in mass experience last year...Rockliff, Trengove, Watts and Motlop to meet ‘criteria’ / based on ‘winning a final or making a prelim’.

You're delusional if you think ill make a money bet (on the internet, with someone i don't know) about the same people who gave this muppet a contact extension making a logical decision.....

Well you're delusional if you think there's any chance of Ken not being our coach next year, so I'm in the right thread for it.

Its been in the media, Richos contract at the saints, his last year isn't garnered and there are clauses to get him out if the club wants it.

There is no reason Hinkley extension cant have a similar clause in it. With what he has achieved 2015-17 if he was given a extension without such a requirement for results to be achieved this year for it to come into effect Koch isn't close to half as smart as i though he is.

They have been quiet so wouldn’t surprise me.

Well you're delusional if you think there's any chance of Ken not being our coach next year, so I'm in the right thread for it.
Any clause is likely to be a 2+1. I.e. must win X games or club can terminate after 2 years. It would be negligent for the club to not write that in. Hell it was in Primus' contract and he had SFA to work with

If we hadn't renewed Ken's contract last year, we'd likely have agreed to terms when we were 11-4, so the end result would have been pretty much the same. May have even been longer. The writing was on the wall mid-season but management appear to be still in denial. I just hope the financial impact doesn't cause us to go back to 2011/12 levels.
If we hadn’t renewed his contract last year though, he would of walked to Gold Coast, and we probably have Stewart Dew as our coach.

You could be on the money here.
It would explain drafting in mass experience last year...Rockliff, Trengove, Watts and Motlop to meet ‘criteria’ / based on ‘winning a final or making a prelim’.

What explains that is we had an opportunity to clear a stack of dead cap space off the books (Lobbe, Trengove + Impey going home) and fill it with superior alternatives.

Watts as a forward > Trengove
Rockliff as anything > Lobbe
Motlop > Impey

The likes of Trengove and Thomas are often brought up, but they'd be on the equivalent of the veteran's minimum and were only ever going to be 'break glass' options and not key cogs.

Was it an extension or a new contract?

If he signed a new contract that hasnt come into effect yet, then a performance clause hasnt come into effect yet either. We have to wait at least a year before anything changes.

I don’t believe that but I think the game plan stinks for the players we have.
If you can explain our bizarre season I’m happy to hear it ? As it is it’s still clear to see that Kens message isn’t getting through & the players don’t want to hear it. Blind man Freddy can see it.

Still can't believe that there isn't anyone in the hierarchy who's p****d at having to watch the finals from the stands. This season is becoming a bigger fail every week, and we just stick our heads in the sand and "move on to next week". So now there is no next week, is there any accountability anywhere?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need a senior assistant with attacking flair and licence to tell Ken his ideas are shite

This isn't meant to kick the boot in, but we had endless threads on this similar comment towards the end of 2014 regarding Sanderson. "He just needs a good senior assistant".

A similar question was put to Mark Ricciuto (I know his name is mud here but hear me out) during our internal review when he floated Phil Walsh's name as Senior Assistant. In the end Roo decided to make the best bloke for the job the Senior Coach, knocking out the middle man.

Your list isn't bad at all. You need a new coach.

Hi team
Haven't posted in a while.Been Ken Oathed on facebook.Have to say we are fooked.Over rated over paid players.Ken likes to stop goals.What about kicking some of the farkers?Wingard has turned to shite.We are a rabble.Our best players are over the hill.Boak,Robbie,Paddy andwesty.We are in for a bleak few years

This isn't meant to kick the boot in, but we had endless threads on this similar comment towards the end of 2014 regarding Sanderson. "He just needs a good senior assistant".

A similar question was put to Mark Ricciuto (I know his name is mud here but hear me out) during our internal review when he floated Phil Walsh's name as Senior Assistant. In the end Roo decided to make the best bloke for the job the Senior Coach, knocking out the middle man.

Your list isn't bad at all. You need a new coach.
I'm aware of that but he won't get sacked we locked in unfortunately

So pissed off.
A list we have and not make the 8 is unacceptable. To re sign Hinkley and now assistant coaches in Voss etc., is complete incompetence by the board.
We have been rubbish since 2014...KT and Koch are taking the piss! **** off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back