Toast Izak Rankine off to Adelaide. Pick 5 obtained as expected

Remove this Banner Ad

Just details in the contract.
SO I'M TOLD.

As in the name of the Football club at the top of the page needs to be changed to Adelaide?

Is this just the Adelaide media trying to drum up a story about him going home? We heard the exact same stuff coming from the Melbourne journalists when Ben King was unsigned and they were throwing around claims like they were 'very confident' he would return to Victoria.

Is this just the Adelaide media trying to drum up a story about him going home? We heard the exact same stuff coming from the Melbourne journalists when Ben King was unsigned and they were throwing around claims like they were 'very confident' he would return to Victoria.

I feel like his management may be happy to let the rumours go in order to help push their contract terms over the line

I know we’re conscious of over-paying, but if the deal we have for him is 550k then we’re nuts.

Anyone can see he’s an exquisite talent. The type that doesn’t show up often at all.

The reported 800k is too much, but get close and play the damn game for once!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know we’re conscious of over-paying, but if the deal we have for him is 550k then we’re nuts.

Anyone can see he’s an exquisite talent. The type that doesn’t show up often at all.

The reported 800k is too much, but get close and play the damn game for once!
Hello AFL, we need 150K ambassador money - problem solved.

We literally couldn't of done anything more to keep him here. If he is leaving for money then that's out of our control.

Except it’s not really entirely out of our control. Bigtime clubs get creative, make things happen, hand over brown paper bags, give jobs and cars to family members etc etc.

It’s naive to think we should play it by the book while others don’t.

We literally couldn't of done anything more to keep him here. If he is leaving for money then that's out of our control.
Don't pay Rory atkins 400k a year and then boom, a 600k contract turns into a 800k with a few hundred thousand left over.

If the club isn't prepared to pay Izak that amount of money then i'll be pretty pissed off if he leaves.

Except it’s not really entirely out of our control. Bigtime clubs get creative, make things happen, hand over brown paper bags, give jobs and cars to family members etc etc.

It’s naive to think we should play it by the book while others don’t.
Well we can't really hand out jobs to family members if said family doesn't live in the state. Can't really hand out cars since we're not sponsored by a car manufacturer. All we can do if ask the AFL for "ambassador" money and hope. At the end of the day we aren't a big Victorian club so we don't get the benefits of one. If Rankine leaves so be it, we did our best to convince him and if Adelaide want to pay a small forward 800k then fantastic.

Izak isn't worth 800k.
Disagree

for a chunk of this season he was rated as the one of the highest ranked forward in the AFL

he's 5th in Goal assists per game this year, He'll have kicked well over 30 goals by the end of the year, he's a highlight reel player that kids will want to come watch play and this is only his 3rd year playing after battling injuries to start his career.

His presence in the forward line gives all our other small forwards so much more freedom because he gets the best small defender every week.

he's worth 600 - 700k a year on output but I'd give him an extra 100k a year based on how important he is to the club right now. front end the contract if we have to and try and move on one of Macpherson or Fiorini in a salary dump in order to keep the cap being too tight.

Guaranteed best 18 players I would overpay to keep. It's the guys who aren't getting games earning too much money that are the issue.

Disagree

for a chunk of this season he was rated as the one of the highest ranked forward in the AFL

he's 5th in Goal assists per game this year, He'll have kicked well over 30 goals by the end of the year, he's a highlight reel player that kids will want to come watch play and this is only his 3rd year playing after battling injuries to start his career.

His presence in the forward line gives all our other small forwards so much more freedom because he gets the best small defender every week.

he's worth 600 - 700k a year on output but I'd give him an extra 100k a year based on how important he is to the club right now. front end the contract if we have to and try and move on one of Macpherson or Fiorini in a salary dump in order to keep the cap being too tight.

Guaranteed best 18 players I would overpay to keep. It's the guys who aren't getting games earning too much money that are the issue.
He has played at that level for 8-10 games. If we are paying 800k for that small a sample size we are idiots. The days of overpaying players is over, people either want to play here or they don't. We shouldn't have to over pay to keep someone here anymore. We've built a better club than that.

He has played at that level for 8-10 games. If we are paying 800k for that small a sample size we are idiots. The days of overpaying players is over, people either want to play here or they don't. We shouldn't have to over pay to keep someone here anymore. We've built a better club than that.

U happy to pay king 1million or $650k? Only 1 of them got the deal done

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Izak Rankine off to Adelaide. Pick 5 obtained as expected

Remove this Banner Ad

Back