Jacinta Allan - Leading a zombie government

Remove this Banner Ad

Problem I see with Jacinta is that she is cut from the same mould as Andrews, every idea, every statement, every plan is something that Andrews would say and/or do. Victoria need new ideas.

"they're not relevant" - not a great start on the tone thing
why would a sitting government care or pay attention to the opposition? they only need to when in the house of parliament (answering questions)
now paying attention to the voters who voted for the opposition, that is a different matter. (yes they need to pay attention to their needs as well)

Now that Tantrum Dan is gone, Jacinta is in for a rough ride! Victoria is knee-deep in the mud and sinking fast, she will be battling her colleagues more than anyone else in the next year.
What a missed opportunity that is!

DANTRUM
!

why would a sitting government care or pay attention to the opposition? they only need to when in the house of parliament (answering questions)
now paying attention to the voters who voted for the opposition, that is a different matter. (yes they need to pay attention to their needs as well)
It's also up to the Vic Libs to show they actually care about issues beyond the culture wars.

Problem I see with Jacinta is that she is cut from the same mould as Andrews, every idea, every statement, every plan is something that Andrews would say and/or do. Victoria need new ideas.
I think we need less ideas and more rigour around the current ideas. And maybe just doing normal stuff like funding more health staff and buses. Stuff which doesn't involve cutting a ribbon on a billion dollar project.

Assuming that this is a catch-all thread like the last one.

I'm in Brisbane this week, so I missed the celebrations on the Parliament House steps.

Walking out of the domestic terminal reminded me a lot of Tullamarine, apart from the Airtrain taking pride of place on the concourse. It just looked right. I know airport trains in general are contentious in some circles but it does seem to be a black spot in our transportation network.
You are going to need to convince Citilink and Airport Parking to allow one of those in Melbourne. Which they won't.

Never had a real job in her life, just like Dumbo Dan.

Yet another union hack with zero real life experience, typical Labor.

She's not even a union hack, just a Labor one.

People who work with unions do incredibly diverse jobs working with incredibly diverse groups of people.

JA was a Labor staffer during uni and was elected to parliament straight out of uni. Her resume would be more impressive if she had worked with a union.

I think we need less ideas and more rigour around the current ideas. And maybe just doing normal stuff like funding more health staff and buses. Stuff which doesn't involve cutting a ribbon on a billion dollar project.
the addiction to ribbon cutting has been a bipartisan issue for decades

which is my way of saying I agree Saint they love announcing big spending on something new but its at the cost of the unsexy increasing of things like maintenance and operational budgets

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Allan has announced her new cabinet. No huge changes which was to be expected and some shuffling of portfolios.

I kind of thought she might try and hold onto transport infrastructure, she loves an announcement in high viz and a hard hat.

An even bigger surprise is that she's handed what is supposed to be a high profile, fairly popular ministry to a nobody from Labor Right. That's a hint at something, I'm just not sure what (SRL cancellation?)

I kind of thought she might try and hold onto transport infrastructure, she loves an announcement in high viz and a hard hat.

An even bigger surprise is that she's handed what is supposed to be a high profile, fairly popular ministry to a nobody from Labor Right. That's a hint at something, I'm just not sure what (SRL cancellation?)
I'd say it and Carroll was the price to not get bogged down in a factional fight

That's what I was thinking. Up until last week, that portfolio was seen as high-profile, which is why Allan was put there.

Now it's got an advertising consultant who nobody's ever heard of. Wonder how he's going to sell it....

Poisoned chalice, did well to get rid of it.

I have to recalibrate my diction now, I've become accustomed to Jacinda these past few years from across the dutch, I'm continually checking myself to make sure I'm back with Jacinta.

Such a positive balanced view here by Nine - what a lovely change

Bridgette Mckenzie is a vile human being.

It's how legacy media tries to stay relevant. Say crazy shit to get people to link and post it.

Assuming that this is a catch-all thread like the last one.

I'm in Brisbane this week, so I missed the celebrations on the Parliament House steps.

Walking out of the domestic terminal reminded me a lot of Tullamarine, apart from the Airtrain taking pride of place on the concourse. It just looked right. I know airport trains in general are contentious in some circles but it does seem to be a black spot in our transportation network.
The difference is Brisbane use toy train gauge. Easier to build.

Poisoned chalice, did well to get rid of it.

I have to recalibrate my diction now, I've become accustomed to Jacinda these past few years from across the dutch, I'm continually checking myself to make sure I'm back with Jacinta.

Hasn't been a poisoned chalice up to this point. Level crossing removals are why she was such a safe, no-brainer chose who everyone knew.

What are you basing this on? She’s only been in the job 4 days or something!

I hope, for the both of us, that you're right and I'm wrong, and she's a breath of fresh air that Victoria needs. Given how she was in lockstep with Dan with most decisions, however e.g. the SRL, the jury is still out.

Prove me wrong Jacinta. The state is up to you

I hope, for the both of us, that you're right and I'm wrong, and she's a breath of fresh air that Victoria needs. Given how she was in lockstep with Dan with most decisions, however e.g. the SRL, the jury is still out.

Prove me wrong Jacinta. The state is up to you

Do people even understand how Executive Government works?

BF is friggen embarrassing at times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jacinta Allan - Leading a zombie government

Remove this Banner Ad

Back