Player Watch Jack Crisp

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s bad business for the AFL to deal with this stuff so passively. Why always be on the back foot, having to justify players’ actions and issue punishments, when it’s a clear violation of privacy and an example of behaviour amongst consenting adults. The recipient of the message, whomever sent it, has not complained…

… so why does the AFL put up with damage to their brand, and by extension, their relationship with sponsors by being so utterly limp on the matter?
The AFL has taken on stuff way beyond its reasonable remit - it manages and oversees a national football competition - it's now got its fingers in practically every social/ cultural issue you can name - it's out of its depth - just does not have the skills to manage everything it has an opinion on - and that's a lot these days.

The AFL has taken on stuff way beyond its reasonable remit - it manages and oversees a national football competition - it's now got its fingers in practically every social/ cultural issue you can name - it's out of its depth - just does not have the skills to manage everything it has an opinion on - and that's a lot these days.
Agree. When you consider the Hawthorn racism case, Geelong rape allegations, Taryn Thomas case, concussion lawsuit & then throw in the many cases of players who are having images in their private lives being shared without consent via social media...and these will only increase. In fact I'm surprised there haven't been more. There must be a lot of nervous footballers in every single club.

It's probably time for the AFL to create a policy around these media "exposes" that drag material from god knows where to smear players. It is a complete failure of their duty of care to have a system that supports media muck rakers in their destuction of players' lives. A well thought out policy that neither condones bad behaviour nor encourages these assaults on people, while taking into account the invasive "social" media (there's nothing social about it) culture we live in is desperately needed.
Unfortunately I have no faith that the AFL powerbrokers have the understanding or moral steel to do this.
Couldn’t agree more… leaking this stuff is the work of scumbags and shouldn’t be rewarded. Additionally, there is too much potential for black ops for the AFL to continue hiding from the issue. It becomes a matter of the integrity of the competition.
I thought de Goey was placed in a ridiculous position — being cut off from the club over its need to be seen to take a hard line, and being misrepresented by unscrupulous media who face no consequences for unfair treatment. Yes, he brought it on himself, but the stress incurred was out of proportion to the offence (if there even was one). If this stuff isn’t checked, some player will lose his career over an incident that gets blown out of proportion.
Some leadership (and licence) from the AFL would go a long way.

His comments were not illegal, just completely cringe-worthy. I’m sure he and his wife are mortified. I feel very sorry for Mikayla, and for their kids, who are probably living in a very stressed household at the moment. And for what benefit to anyone?

The most annoying part of it in my opinion is the picture of the cocaine, which has brought all of the ‘drug culture at Collingwood’ rubbish back out.

I can’t imagine he gets in any trouble for this. The club may make him do some sessions with the psychologist or something to show that they’re ‘doing something’.
If it makes you feel better every football club has a drug culture

I thought de Goey was placed in a ridiculous position — being cut off from the club over its need to be seen to take a hard line, and being misrepresented by unscrupulous media who face no consequences for unfair treatment. Yes, he brought it on himself, but the stress incurred was out of proportion to the offence (if there even was one).
I don’t think he even brought it on himself, particularly. More that his mate (?) who posted it on social media inadvertently stitched him up.

I don’t think he even brought it on himself, particularly. More that his mate (?) who posted it on social media inadvertently stitched him up.
And unfortunately for JDG his previous issues, particularly one as serious as the more recent in NY doesn't help his cause. Whether that's fair or not, it's the reality.

If Crispy is penalised this week, I predict the crowds for our clash with the saints will be well below expectations.
In fact, I reckon other teams will get behind crispy, and crowds will be the low for all games.

It will be proof, everyone loves crispy.

If Crispy is penalised this week, I predict the crowds for our clash with the saints will be well below expectations.
In fact, I reckon other teams will get behind crispy, and crowds will be the low for all games.

I doubt it 😆 Particularly when people have gone to the trouble of booking flights & accomodation to be in SA for Gather Round. Opposition supporters won't give a toss.

Penalised for what? He’s done nothing wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both jordan and the club had previous history. The club had to "act perfectly" to appease the general public
If by 'general public', you're obviously talking about the easily offended minority. The club should not be concerned about noisy politically correct minorities, it is a football club, not the Brady bunch.

Anderson threw Degs under the bus, glad he's gone.

Still would like to see the person who leaked this pay a price - the media don’t care - they have their week of clicks and move on
Also can’t believe Jon Ralph got away with reporting as he had already been suspended on Thursday night on Fox.

If I recall he had said something like “Crisp will be suspended for two games” or something like that

If by 'general public', you're obviously talking about the easily offended minority. The club should not be concerned about noisy politically correct minorities, it is a football club, not the Brady bunch.

Anderson threw Degs under the bus, glad he's gone.

i always thought marcia was a bad girl....

Good to see common sense prevail

Now how about they investigate Rhys Mathieson for being the one who seems to consistently leak all this shit before Brisbane plays these clubs.

Thank God that’s all over.I thought the AFL would drag it out as long as possible this week to cause maximum disruption to the team,but at least they settled it in one day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jack Crisp

Remove this Banner Ad

Back