Player Watch Jack Crisp

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s the thing, isn’t it?

When the De Goey in Bali saga unfolded, I said that the only thing he did wrong was doing it in public, because had it happened in private between consenting adults, and she hadn’t complained much less gotten on social media and said “nothing to see here”, that would be the end of it.

Well here we have it, behaviour between consenting adults in private. A few out of context photos, of ownerless bags of unknown white powder spliced in by who-knows-who doesn’t change anything.
Jordy did nothing wrong in Bali.
Zero wrong.

He did in terms of PR and unfortunately it's a big factor in terms of behavioural expectations of players.
Agree mate but in reality it is so stupid. Dusty and others have done worse with lesser implications.
Jordy was made a scapegoat.
Dusty had a female journalist pinned to the wall by the neck using chop sticks.
Collingwood Football Club was to blame for not sticking by Jordy.

Jordy did nothing wrong in Bali.
Zero wrong.

the club believed that his behaviour didnt reflect well on the club....there are some people in some jobs who have that responsibility. Politicians used to have it many years ago. Priests used to have it. Corporate leaders used it have it.....These days, these groups can argue that no one expects politicians or priests or corporate leaders to behave perfectly. Footballers cant argue that....

the club believed that his behaviour didnt reflect well on the club....there are some people in some jobs who have that responsibility. Politicians used to have it many years ago. Priests used to have it. Corporate leaders used it have it.....These days, these groups can argue that no one expects politicians or priests or corporate leaders to behave perfectly. Footballers cant argue that....
Although I somewhat agree mate, the worst thing he did was grab his girlfriends breast.
Yet women can touch ours without any repercussions.
Chiocci a good example

Agree mate but in reality it is so stupid. Dusty and others have done worse with lesser implications.
Jordy was made a scapegoat.
Dusty had a female journalist pinned to the wall by the neck using chop sticks.
Collingwood Football Club was to blame for not sticking by Jordy.

Both jordan and the club had previous history. The club had to "act perfectly" to appease the general public and the media who would have roasted it, had it taken a soft line with jordan. I think you know that. The matter didnt become a shitstorm because of the approach it took. Had it let jordan get away with it scott free, we would still be hearing about it.

SOmetimes you just have to suck up and concentrate on winning premierships...

Although I somewhat agree mate, the worst thing he did was grab his girlfriends breast.
Yet women can touch ours without any repercussions.
Chiocci a good example

well the general public and the media didnt complain about what the women do.....again, you know that

and chiochi is gone and that might indicate a number of things

If crisp is sanctioned, it will be for his alleged statements regarding women, or if he encouraged women to use drugs.
It begs the question, of how far back in history, can a player be punished for comments/beliefs he may now no longer hold.
Crisp the family man and father, would have changed and is a very different person today, to that immature man in the pics the AFL want to punish.

Last edited:
It begs the question, of how far back in history, can a player be punished for comments/beliefs he may now no longer hold.
Crisp the family man and father, would have changed and is a very different person today, to that immature man in the pics the AFL want to punish.

There's no doubt that he has been punished enough so far.... but there are interests out there that want to make examples of players and fairness is probably a one-sided concept for them. And I'm not talking about the AFL. I'm talking about a portion of their "stakeholders".

His comments were not illegal, just completely cringe-worthy. I’m sure he and his wife are mortified. I feel very sorry for Mikayla, and for their kids, who are probably living in a very stressed household at the moment. And for what benefit to anyone?

The most annoying part of it in my opinion is the picture of the cocaine, which has brought all of the ‘drug culture at Collingwood’ rubbish back out.

I can’t imagine he gets in any trouble for this. The club may make him do some sessions with the psychologist or something to show that they’re ‘doing something’.

His comments were not illegal, just completely cringe-worthy. I’m sure he and his wife are mortified. I feel very sorry for Mikayla, and for their kids, who are probably living in a very stressed household at the moment. And for what benefit to anyone?

The most annoying part of it in my opinion is the picture of the cocaine, which has brought all of the ‘drug culture at Collingwood’ rubbish back out.

I can’t imagine he gets in any trouble for this. The club may make him do some sessions with the psychologist or something to show that they’re ‘doing something’.
They are not even necessarily his comments

It's probably time for the AFL to create a policy around these media "exposes" that drag material from god knows where to smear players. It is a complete failure of their duty of care to have a system that supports media muck rakers in their destuction of players' lives. A well thought out policy that neither condones bad behaviour nor encourages these assaults on people, while taking into account the invasive "social" media (there's nothing social about it) culture we live in is desperately needed.
Unfortunately I have no faith that the AFL powerbrokers have the understanding or moral steel to do this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Google how to edit/add captions on snapchat pics...it's as easy as typing this comment. If someone has gone to so much trouble to share multiple pics of him spanning over a decade, it's not a stretch that they would also edit/add comments which would incriminate him in something more embarrassing & serious than a few nude pics.

And even if they are, they very well could be “role playing” - which I’d imagine is quite likely considering they are private.

I think that is a near certainty (again, assuming captions are authored by Crisp), unless he is actually trying to insult the intended recipient by calling them “dirty little sluts” etc.

It’s bad business for the AFL to deal with this stuff so passively. Why always be on the back foot, having to justify players’ actions and issue punishments, when it’s a clear violation of privacy and an example of behaviour amongst consenting adults. The recipient of the message, whomever sent it, has not complained…

… so why does the AFL put up with damage to their brand, and by extension, their relationship with sponsors by being so utterly limp on the matter?

Gone a lot more quiet than I expected it to be today. Probably helps that we were the first of 9 games over the stretch of 5 days of footy, unless the media have gotten the memo that this more than just a Collingwood story and it effects his wife and kids.

They couldn't have developed humility, could they?

What's the integrity unit going to come up with. Maybe they just need to confirm if his appendage is in fact real
I would imagine the captions and whether they are his would be the only thing they could be questioning him about..other than that they should be looking for the person who shared the images.

What's the integrity unit going to come up with. Maybe they just need to confirm if his appendage is in fact real

No doubt they’ll be asking about the white powder. I suggest he answer as though he’s Mike Ehrmantraut.

giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jack Crisp

Remove this Banner Ad

Back