Toast Jack Dyer Medal 2024 - Positive vibes only

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets keep this thread positive vibes only, especially for the night please.

Its been a shit year, so lets have one good night. You have heaps of other threads to voice criticisms in.

Anyone being overly negative will be threadbanned.

The standards supporters walk past are the standards supporters accept.

If something stinks it should be called out. Otherwise we are just championing poor practices and not wanting to prove.
naaaah. wake up. can't have it both ways....lynch was captain of the Gold Coast and walked out on them because he wanted to come home, did I hear anyone saying oh dear we should not take him he's deserting them and he also comes from a family who were collingwood thru and thru. or dion who was in the suns leadership group and as a kid a passionate dees supporter who's family have red and blue running thru their veins.

same people moaning are also having a tug coz last time we got such juicy draft picks we picked up lids, cotch, Dusty types. same people moaning are also gunna be rapt if jack graham lands us pick 20 ish.

and occasionally when we have been discussing contracted players, you will get the old chestnut of a supporters quote "I will drive him to the airport".

it definitely can stink both ways

Last edited:

naaaah. wake up. can't have it both ways....lynch was captain of the Gold Coast and walked out on them because he wanted to come home, did I hear anyone saying oh dear we should not take him he's deserting them and he also comes from a family who were collingwood thru and thru. or dion who was in the suns leadership group and as a kid a passionate dees supporter who's family have red and blue running thru their veins.

same people moaning are also having a tug coz last time we got such juicy draft picks we picked up lids, cotch, Dusty types. same people moaning are also gunna be rapt if jack graham lands us pick 20 ish.
Agree to a point but also think part of being a fan is being a bit of a hypocrite at times and that’s fine as well

Lynch copped a few whacks and T Miller apparently went pretty hard at him when he told the Gold Coast his intentions the big sticking point for me is the contract status

Lynch was out of contract and that’s why I’m not super fussed about Graham and Baker but the other two especially Rioli and walking out mid contract and it’s just pretty shitty to me

I think most supporters would of much preferred if they dug deep and stayed with us getting excited about the potential draft picks is just trying to make the most of a shit situation

Agree to a point but also think part of being a fan is being a bit of a hypocrite at times and that’s fine as well

Lynch copped a few whacks and T Miller apparently went pretty hard at him when he told the Gold Coast his intentions the big sticking point for me is the contract status

Lynch was out of contract and that’s why I’m not super fussed about Graham and Baker but the other two especially Rioli and walking out mid contract and it’s just pretty shitty to me

I think most supporters would of much preferred if they dug deep and stayed with us getting excited about the potential draft picks is just trying to make the most of a shit situation
yeah/no
rioli has never been out of contract to my knowledge. but as a struggling forward and with injury concerns most would have wanted a contracted 2019/2020 dan and partner, if pick 6 was on the table to pursue other interests. same with hopper poor bloke seems injury riddled so if we could get our original given up picks back for him, most would want a contracted hopps gone and we break even on that one.

Last edited:
So was Yze when Melbourne won the flag. What's your point?
please lol covid flag

grigg won the flag as assistant and won a real flag as a player unlike yze who was a looser his whole career

Well the question I have is why isn't he ? Is he shy? Cmon your a professional footballer, you should be looking at ways at improving your speaking skills. He isnt a girl ffs.

You would think money could buy someone a bit of class.
Why is that a question? Some people are good at public speaking, some people are not. Not much more than there is to it.

Yep, hes a professional footballer, not a professional public speaker. As a footballer, you should be looking at ways to improve your football skills. If you're not interested in the media side of the game, then why should yo look at ways to improve your public speasking skills?

Huh? Are girls not good at public speaking/

And why would having bigger numbers in your bank account buy 'class' that apparently equals 'good at public speaking'.

Same massive ****ing boomer energy here. Girls = bad at public speaker, money = class, money and class = good at public speaking.

You would think just simply after just living your life you would understand that money is just money. It doesnt make you better at things. Dunno how you missed that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t mind Shai walking out given his Mrs is pregnant with their second and it’s always easier raising children with a larger support network. Life happens and obviously that might not actually be his reasoning but from the outside it looks fine. Rioli ****ing off to be with Dimma again mid contract is the annoying one, but if we can get Pick 6 from the Suns all will be forgiven.

Why is that a question? Some people are good at public speaking, some people are not. Not much more than there is to it.

Yep, hes a professional footballer, not a professional public speaker. As a footballer, you should be looking at ways to improve your football skills. If you're not interested in the media side of the game, then why should yo look at ways to improve your public speasking skills?

And why would having bigger numbers in your bank account buy 'class' that apparently equals 'good at public speaking'.

Same massive ****ing boomer energy here. Girls = bad at public speaker, money = class, money and class = good at public speaking.

You would think just simply after just living your life you would understand that money is just money. It doesnt make you better at things. Dunno how you missed that.
bloke you're quoting is a gws fan or a phoney or both

Wll spoken. Few people have the capability to be great at a diverse range of tasks.
At least, departing players had courage to attend the function. I haven't got the impression that they have been shunned by their team mates.

There has been plenty of keyboard venting by posters, many of whom gloat over the melt of oppo supporters. I hoped for better. Hipocracy is screaming at us.

Most supporters realize a need for a rebuild, on and off the field. Cannot do this unless personnel leave. The Players that have signalled intention to leave have also signalled intention to help our club get good deals and trades. We should acknowledge this. It may be sad, but i'm reading very public tantrums in this thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Jack Dyer Medal 2024 - Positive vibes only

Remove this Banner Ad

Back