News Jack Dyer Stand may go in $60m Punt Road Oval redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

"G'day Harley I hear you're interested in coming to Tiger land. We've got a brand new digs we'd love for you to check out.

Parking? Uh sure we'll you could risk it on Stewart Street or there's 2 hour parking at the Coles Richmond park? Richmond station is right next door as well..."
There are already car spaces for players. Why do we need to increase the numbers?

I really like this view of the redevelopment. Gives a much better overview of how the realignment and redevelopment will improve the ground, not just for the playing groups, but also for the fans that attend the ground for games

The redevelopment replaces the current car park with the new facilities.
It goes well beyond replacement numbers, from 110 to 260+ which under the circumstances is an unnessesary want and cost, and an expensive one at that.

Trim the fat and save members subsidising things which aren't needed!

Last edited:
It goes well beyond replacement numbers, from 110 to 260+ which under the circumstances is an unnessesary want and cost, and an expensive one at that.

Trim the fat and save members subsidising things which aren't needed!
I’m guessing that it may assist in commercializing the amenities, eg sublet for conference and even hospitality could be a lucrative earn , on-site parking would make way more attractive proposition than none

To me the dimensions still aren't MCG though, they have just made it wider the MCG is listed at 174x and Punt Road is listed 159x that's a big difference.
I thought it was going to
be identical

cancel it then , shite

I really like this view of the redevelopment. Gives a much better overview of how the realignment and redevelopment will improve the ground, not just for the playing groups, but also for the fans that attend the ground for games

Stupid question but where will they put the broadcast facilities though….

To me the dimensions still aren't MCG though, they have just made it wider the MCG is listed at 174x and Punt Road is listed 159x that's a big difference.
The MCG is 174m long fence-to-fence. The actual AFL field is 160m long.

I’m guessing that it may assist in commercializing the amenities, eg sublet for conference and even hospitality could be a lucrative earn , on-site parking would make way more attractive proposition than none
They did talk about the facilities being available on MCG match days and not just for our club, but any game at the MCG.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pity we don't have footage of Geoff Raines walking into Tigerland asking to come back to his true home before getting shunted off to Bearshite Station by the Bummers.

On SM-A426B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Was there a meeting I wasn’t across that , I still haven’t recovered from Raines and cloke departing in one off season

That's 0.1 billion dollars?
We're talking about a new grandstand, plus all the facilities inside outside and beneath, realigning the ground and adding extra viewing space at the southern end of the ground. That doesn't come cheap, but the benefits will be worth it long term

how the club thinks the members will just dip into their pockets while the afl changed the rules on us to so stop our dynasty and constantly reams us every year with umpiring is beyond me

how about you fix these problems first then ask for money

every dollar given is another lubeless arse reaming

how the club thinks the members will just dip into their pockets while the afl changed the rules on us to so stop our dynasty and constantly reams us every year with umpiring is beyond me

how about you fix these problems first then ask for money

every dollar given is another lubeless arse rereamin
Most richmond supporters aren't as cooked and conspiratorial as the Richmond board of Bigfooty.

I would EXPECT the club is anticipating increased revenues from the new development.

Much like the soccer clubs in Europe that have developed their home clubs and created excellent revenue.

I still think the ground should be made to fit 20,000 people at a minimum, not 8,000.

We're talking about a new grandstand, plus all the facilities inside outside and beneath, realigning the ground and adding extra viewing space at the southern end of the ground. That doesn't come cheap, but the benefits will be worth it long term
It’s not a grandstand. It’s a stand. It has a deck above for seating and facilities underneath it. Realigning the ground is turning on blank space 90 degrees. Like I said earlier, for $100,000,000 you could build 200 really good houses.

It’s not a grandstand. It’s a stand. It has a deck above for seating and facilities underneath it. Realigning the ground is turning on blank space 90 degrees. Like I said earlier, for $100,000,000 you could build 200 really good houses.
We can't train in houses

Remove this Banner Ad

Back