News Jack Dyer Stand may go in $60m Punt Road Oval redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting how things change. Back during the 0-3-75 donation back in 2010 I was happy to donate (I think I donated about $1000 at that time). I would like to donate again, but things are different now.

Back then I was young, single and had very little expenses. Now I am married with a couple of kids and a mortgage. I am at an age where I have to think of 20-30 years down the track of my retirement and also how to save up and help my children in the future.
Then donate 25 instead

In light of the recent bombshell allegations by Fairfax/McKenzie re. corruption in the building industry, I'm really wondering about where this massive blowout came from.

How do you get a $60 million dollar job wrong by $40 million?

Something smells about this.
That’s been my major concern as we haven’t had a67% rise in PPI in the last 6 years. This is why new quotes need to be done as none of this actually adds up .

In light of the recent bombshell allegations by Fairfax/McKenzie re. corruption in the building industry, I'm really wondering about where this massive blowout came from.

C. F. M. E. U

Jesus it’s not corruption in terms of the union targeting a job and then rocking up to Richmond and saying give us an extra 40 million dollars you dolts

It’s around demanding EBA rates and not allowing companies who don’t have an EBA for staff to work on sites (which is illegal). They make life very difficult on big jobs and then that pushes up labour rates which then trickle down to smaller jobs like the new Punt Road

New quotes will make no difference

It’s not been year on year increases. It’s been one massive increase coming out of COVID and then the regular smaller year on year increases (slightly buoyed by lack of labour)

We just got very unlucky with our timing

Jesus it’s not corruption in terms of the union targeting a job and then rocking up to Richmond and saying give us an extra 40 million dollars you dolts

It’s around demanding EBA rates and not allowing companies who don’t have an EBA for staff to work on sites (which is illegal). They make life very difficult on big jobs and then that pushes up labour rates which then trickle down to smaller jobs like the new Punt Road

It’s not been year on year increases. It’s been one massive increase coming out of COVID and then the regular smaller year on year increases (slightly buoyed by lack of labour)

What a load of nonsense as inflation isn’t 67% over the time.

there is nothing wrong with the current facility, they have everything they need

just move the girls out

there is nothing wrong with the current facility, they have everything they need

just move the girls out
This will end well

just move the girls out
Season 2 Fishing GIF by Nanalan'

Wow it’s almost like the cost of things across the entire economy isn’t mapped directly to the average inflation rate year on year
You would think anyone who pays gas bills would know this about pretty easily

100%
this has been my point from the start.
You pay people to estimate costs on project like this. Surley someones been sacked!!
Or are we to woke to do that?

The whole site needs a proper redevelopment, the current one doesn’t feel well planned out

Build something that’s going to attract fans, money etc

A nice large open space for tiger superstore + a club museum combo with our cups etc on display, the current setup is garbage

Maurice Rioli/function room with viewing windows of punt road oval to watch VFL,AFLW etc

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The whole site needs a proper redevelopment, the current one doesn’t feel well planned out

Build something that’s going to attract fans, money etc

A nice large open space for tiger superstore + a club museum combo with our cups etc on display, the current setup is garbage

Maurice Rioli/function room with viewing windows of punt road oval to watch VFL,AFLW etc

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Agreed.
I was in MR room before the game yesterday but the VFL were playing and we couldn’t see out the windows because of their funky but stupid and impractical design.

No doubt we paid a sh!t load of $$ to some ponytailed architect from Commercial Rd who voted Yes to come up with this dumb design, but made us feel better about our contribution to inclusiveness.🤮🤮🤮.

Just build a f@@ken normal, practical and useful building without making a “statement “ and this will likely reduce the cost by 20% and get on with the job of being a successful footy club - which is the boards charter.

Wow it’s almost like the cost of things across the entire economy isn’t mapped directly to the average inflation rate year on year
Did you actually read any of my posts? I've stated a few times now that 60mil un 2018 is now worth 72mil. Do you see the discrepancy as shit isn't adding up?

Agreed.
I was in MR room before the game yesterday but the VFL were playing and we couldn’t see out the windows because of their funky but stupid and impractical design.

No doubt we paid a sh!t load of $$ to some ponytailed architect from Commercial Rd who voted Yes to come up with this dumb design, but made us feel better about our contribution to inclusiveness.🤮🤮🤮.

Just build a f@@ken normal, practical and useful building without making a “statement “ and this will likely reduce the cost by 20% and get on with the job of being a successful footy club - which is the boards charter.
I swear I read fixing up those windows was being included in this new project

I’m also pretty sure those dodgy windows were a requirement for the government funding we got for that first building (that might be off the mark though)

And I’m telling you there’s been vast increases in construction costs between those two dates
For eg.

The cost of installed concrete has jumped almost 50 per cent on a per square metre basis since 2020.

“It is already impacting the viability of projects,” Texco director Tom Bull told The Australian Financial Review

I swear I read fixing up those windows was being included in this new project

I’m also pretty sure those dodgy windows were a requirement for the government funding we got for that first building (that might be off the mark though)
Can’t change the windows otherwise it’s no longer a crocodile

Remove this Banner Ad

News Jack Dyer Stand may go in $60m Punt Road Oval redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back