News Jack Dyer Stand may go in $60m Punt Road Oval redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely cooked they didn’t ask you why or show any form of regret for a 22 year member pulling the pin

As if you never farkn mattered. Same thing I’ve seen with all other members heading for the exit

This isn’t the same richmond I grew up supporting it’s a soulless business that can’t even get that right atm
I remember going out to waverley in the late 80s to pick up my seasons ticket , when I got there the ladies reeked your the guy that lives in New Guinea , so prior to 2002 when I became a “member” I was a long standing season ticket holder even though I lived overseas and the Richmond Football club had a soul now it’s just $$$

Letter from the president email today mentions

“Looking to the future, I am pleased to inform you that your support has allowed us to raise $482,000 for the Brick by Brick campaign, bringing us closer to the most significant build in our Club’s history: the redevelopment of Punt Road Oval”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We have approx 100k members so raise memberships by $10 for a year and that’s a million raised already. They’re embarrassing themselves with this digital brick concept and all need to have a hard look at themselves.
They should’ve done what decent organisations do and inscribe names on real bricks and they would’ve sold like beer in a dust storm. I know at least 20 members that have ridiculed the whole thing and seen it as a massive slap in the face and insult by the club . A piece of paper downloaded on you PC to print out is a piss take of the highest order.

Last edited:
Letter from the president email today mentions

“Looking to the future, I am pleased to inform you that your support has allowed us to raise $482,000 for the Brick by Brick campaign, bringing us closer to the most significant build in our Club’s history: the redevelopment of Punt Road Oval”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
So the cost has gone up 30 million but we've only raised 482k.

What is the target?

We have approx 100k members raise memberships by $10 for a year and that’s a million raised already. They’re embarrassing themselves with this digital brick concept and all need to have a hard look at themselves.
They should’ve done what decent organisations do and inscribe names on real bricks and they would’ve sold like beer in a dust storm. I know at least 20 members that have ridiculed the whole thing and seen it as a massive slap in the face and insult by the club . A piece of paper downloaded on you PC to print out is a piss take of the highest order.
Put on a cheap barbie outside Punt road oval at 10 points. $3.50 snags $3.50 softdrinks $5.50 vbs, undercutting the mcg food prices and local pubs.

Get 20000 on match day to buy 3 of the above.

$180k profit.

× 11 games = $2 million raised.

If someone asked me to explain what benefits the development would bring to our AFLM side, I’m not sure what I’d say.
Gym stays as it is, new AFLW facilities & realigning the oval.
I’m sure they’re there, but the summary just says “Further enhance the facilities for our men’s AFL and VFL programs”.

Richo gets rolled out and everyone says gee it will be ace eh and that’s fine but I’d sooner have heard from physical team, players, even coaches to say “this is what we have, this is what we can’t do, so build this and we’ll have XYZ and this is why it will make us a LOT better”

Seems simple to me

If someone asked me to explain what benefits the development would bring to our AFLM side, I’m not sure what I’d say.
I’m sure they’re there, but the summary just says “Further enhance the facilities for our men’s AFL and VFL programs”.

Richo gets rolled out and everyone says gee it will be ace eh and that’s fine but I’d sooner have heard from physical team, players, even coaches to say “this is what we have, this is what we can’t do, so build this and we’ll have XYZ and this is why it will make us a LOT better”

Seems simple to me
are the men going to be allowed to use the new womens facilities ?

We have approx 100k members raise memberships by $10 for a year and that’s a million raised already. They’re embarrassing themselves with this digital brick concept and all need to have a hard look at themselves.
the club's PR/marketing needs guardrails imposed urgently.

exploiting dead family members to pull every spare dollar out of members...for a virtual certificate

can you stoop any lower?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seen the new men’s gym in the plans?

It’s about 8 metres long
amazing the men will stay in the current building with the low ceiling gym with all the tunnells and pipes visible while the girls who nobody cares about will have state of the art facilities

That underground carpark would be veeeery exey. And we are in a park.
you reckon they'll let me park the xd wagon in there on gameday ?

get pinched in Richmond streets

Seems simple to me
8000 seats is something you have forgotten

Will not benefit the AFLM side in anyway.

This whole thing is another woke agenda by the club gone absolutely wrong!
You lost me at woke, i suppose you want us to keep a decaying useless stand that no one can sit in at a ground that hardly anyone can spectate with port-a-loo facilities in the most valuable sporting precinct in Australia.......good one Bob :thumbsu:

Perhaps we could put in an insulated cigar-smoking room with animal heads mounted to the walls and a billiards table to keep the antique thinkers happy :rolleyes:

You lost me at woke, i suppose you want us to keep a decaying useless stand that no one can sit in at a ground that hardly anyone can spectate with port-a-loo facilities in the most valuable sporting precinct in Australia.......good one Bob :thumbsu:

Perhaps we could put in an insulated cigar-smoking room with animal heads mounted to the walls and a billiards table to keep the antique thinkers happy :rolleyes:

There’s no improvement for what is meant to be the main business interest in our club. The AFL men’s. But all this does is give car parks to executives and support the AFLW which is a loss leader and not of substantial importance in regards to what they are going to get from this.

Sure, update the facilities, don’t think anyone is against that, but do it to make our mens side the best it can be.

This club only cares about other agendas instead of what this club is for. Winning Premierships in the AFL Men’s competition.

There’s no improvement for what is meant to be the main business interest in our club. The AFL men’s. But all this does is give car parks to executives and support the AFLW which is a loss leader and not of substantial importance in regards to what they are going to get from this.

Sure, update the facilities, don’t think anyone is against that, but do it to make our mens side the best it can be.

This club only cares about other agendas instead of what this club is for. Winning Premierships in the AFL Men’s competition.
Is one of the things that the ground will be realigned so it has the exact dimensions of the mcg? That will let those training on it have lots of extra experience. The new stand will mean more revenue via crowds who attend Punt rd, so maybe more sponsorship too. Really Im.no banker but I can't see how it doesn't pay for itself? Tottenham built a new ground, fixed interest rate and repayments are less than the new revenue they get from more seats, sponsors etc. It feels like it just needs someone to organise th3 finance properly and push it through, but it definitely should have improved facilities, gym, recovery, pools etx.

Will not benefit the AFLM side in anyway.

This whole thing is another woke agenda by the club gone absolutely wrong!
The benefits for the men are there.

Having separate facilities for the women's team means that when training schedules cross over, the men can still be in the gym while the women are on field and vice versa that also includes the VFL side.

The ground will be extended and aligned to meet MCG dimensions meaning that training will be more game specific rather than scaled down as it is now. It also means that when playing in the VFL games players will be able to perform better as the ground opens up rather than being congested due to being on the smaller side.

Off the ground facilities won't need to be shared like they are now, meaning that all 3 sides will have decent access to meeting rooms/recovery areas/coaches offices.

Then there is the better facilities for supporters to be able to attend and watch games as well as the ability to hold functions for not just our own games at the MCG, but also for opposition groups to use as well, thus increasing the income the club receives.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Jack Dyer Stand may go in $60m Punt Road Oval redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back