News Jack Dyer Stand may go in $60m Punt Road Oval redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

Gez this project has become embarrassing sought it out , we sound like the dogs rattling tins yet we boast we got 100k members for the last 5 years and the project is so behind and not even started. Administration and President pull your finger out. Off field and the footy department being left behind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate by the time you re-write plans costs balloon even more meaning we'll just get the updated shitter version for the same price

That cycle can go on indefinitely till we end up with this for 100 mil

View attachment 2041154
It's almost like we don't already have a brilliant heritage stand in place that could be refurbished as part of a new development...

So many different directions we could take at Punt Road, but there is complete tunnel vision.

They could jack the price up to 150 million for the current plan, and the club would just rattle their tin cans harder in response, instead of looking for better and cheaper ways to go.

This stinks of vested interests, and it's rank-and-file members coughing up for it, as usual.

It's almost like we don't already have a brilliant heritage stand in place that could be refurbished as part of a new development...

So many different directions we could take at Punt Road, but there is complete tunnel vision.

They could jack the price up to 150 million for the current plan, and the club would just rattle their tin cans harder in response, instead of looking for better and cheaper ways to go.

This stinks of vested interests, and it's rank-and-file members coughing up for it, as usual.
We don’t have a stand that could be refurbished. It’s derelict

Mate by the time you re-write plans costs balloon even more meaning we'll just get the updated shitter version for the same price

That cycle can go on indefinitely till we end up with this for 100 mil

View attachment 2041154
I’d suggest the biggest problem with re writing plans are the permit applications

Why a 200 space underground car park? Are we going to car pool ?

I’d suggest the biggest problem with re writing plans are the permit applications
Bunch of hot air, not going to be hard getting them approved if we're scaling plans backwards

Our issue is racing the clock and the dollar as evidenced by costs almost doubling already. That's not going anywhere and just gets worse the longer it goes on

We don’t have a stand that could be refurbished. It’s derelict
JDS is in way better condition than the 1926 stand was at South Melbourne, vested interests are just telling you that it 'can't be saved'

As I have said before, this is a rather overbearing refurb for my tastes, but the intended VIS function was totally different:
It's all about creative thinking vs the bulldozer mentality

More than anything else right now, it's the economy!

The whole thing should be put on hold until:
-we get some transparancy of the true cost (they are talking another interest rate rise now, inflation is still here).
-we get back to winning ~10-13 games per year, with the earnings security that brings.

I don't know anything about building but everyone says costs are high now. Maybe we start banking profits and begin building when costs come down?

I don't know anything about building but everyone says costs are high now. Maybe we start banking profits and begin building when costs come down?
That would be common sense

Remove this Banner Ad

Back