News Jack Dyer Stand may go in $60m Punt Road Oval redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

Club have been treated by these builders and architects like they allow the afl to treat them.

We are a currently a disgrace led by a President who looks and acts like Joe Biden. He has no ****ing idea and has adapted the thought process of if I don’t speak they won’t realise I’m ****ing stupid.

Benny has done the business to us, leaving a sinking ship he’s helped place into this position.

Massive issues everywhere, this project just highlighting it.

Club have been treated by these builders and architects like they allow the afl to treat them.

We are a currently a disgrace led by a President who looks and acts like Joe Biden. He has no ****ing idea and has adapted the thought process of if I don’t speak they won’t realise I’m ****ing stupid.

Benny has done the business to us, leaving a sinking ship he’s helped place into this position.

Massive issues everywhere, this project just highlighting it.
giphy-3987384526.gif

I don't know anything about building but everyone says costs are high now. Maybe we start banking profits and begin building when costs come down?
That’s not how inflation works… costs don’t come down they only continue to increase

What’s the president’s email address , I need to write to him on this . Im
Not happy where it’s at , and will reconsider my funding . It’s not appropriate to our needs , we don’t need to model the flipping thing on 101 Collins st , its for the players and fans foremost not a bunch of shiny arses that man the phones
Tllt slab and colourbond gets it done

What’s the president’s email address , I need to write to him on this . Im
Not happy where it’s at , and will reconsider my funding . It’s not appropriate to our needs , we don’t need to model the flipping thing on 101 Collins st , its for the players and fans foremost not a bunch of shiny arses that man the phones
Tllt slab and colourbond gets it done
Gale’s is TassieBenny@gmail.com

No it’s not
Model it on frangas grandstand
Plenty of glass to get fans in
Put a burger and ribs bar in there ,,, it’s flipping packed , be laid off in 5 seasons
Fin model it , they know I’m right
Where do these patrons park???

You do realise that park of the redevelopment is moving the ground right...
So the grandstand gets moved back into the current car park
So where does everyone park?

And if you want to talk about making money, some of the biggest earners in the city are the car parks.

Anf from memory, there aren't that many around punt road.

Every game at the G, car parked will be fully booked out $$$$$
International cricket games $$$$$
Aus Open Tennis $$$$$
Even normal working days, there will be people in that end of Richmond who need paid parking $$$$

So you can have all your bars, burgers, ribs in there 100%, but straight underneath will be multiple levels of parking, making more $$$ than the bar

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Car park, based on say just 150 public car parking spaces, and give them an early bird rate of $20
$3,000 a day = $15k week = $780k year
Plus weekend revenue at a higher rate...
After hours revenue...

The car park ends up paying for itself pretty quickly, then becomes a genuine money earner once the debt is paid.

It's nearly the best idea of the whole redevelopment

Not a chance in hell, a car park is open for public use there

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If it's multiple layers, then it should be.

300 spaces, I think I read the club have 150 staff (not sure if that includes players)

would like to think there should be 100+ public spaces available to rent

Car park, based on say just 150 public car parking spaces, and give them an early bird rate of $20
After hours revenue...

The car park ends up paying for itself pretty quickly, then becomes a genuine money earner once the debt is paid.

I asked the club about the car park and got this response:

"The car park will act as an accessible parking point on MCG game days, improving the current experience for guests requiring accessible access to the MCG. This is a shared agreement between the Club and MCC. It is not currently planned to be open to public paid parking for other days, but we will certainly be working to make the car park available for access at Club events where possible."

"The car park will act as an accessible parking point on MCG game days, improving the current experience for guests requiring accessible access to the MCG. This is a shared agreement between the Club and MCC. It is not currently planned to be open to public paid parking for other days, but we will certainly be working to make the car park available for access at Club events where possible."
Pls share email address o have some ideas and I’m a contributor for the moment

The club will still be making money off of this arrangement though.

I'm sure we would have a financial arrangement to have incoming Revenue for this.

I do feel as though we have missed a massive opportunity though

After hours revenue...

5000 extra seats at $20 a seat is $100,000 a game not including food and merch revenue.

4 to 5 games will cover what you could make on parking and we have a stadium for the next 25 years, not a car park.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back