News Jack Dyer Stand may go in $60m Punt Road Oval redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

We are supporters aren’t we? Just shut up and follow the leader. They can do no wrong. Ever.

bart simpson episode 13 GIF
Ask yourself a question Bob, when was the last time members got to vote in a board election? That tells you everything you need to know.

Ask yourself a question Bob, when was the last time members got to vote in a board election? That tells you everything you need to know.

You will just be called a non supporter if you say it though. It’s a boys club. It’s all ****ing nepotism atm there. A club gone woke and it’s all stemmed from 2020. I’ve said club couldn’t care about football anymore. Not winning anyway.

Hence why I want an outsider coming in and cleaning house.

Someone from a strong club too.

You will just be called a non supporter if you say it though. It’s a boys club. It’s all ****ing nepotism atm there. A club gone woke and it’s all stemmed from 2020. I’ve said club couldn’t care about football anymore. Not winning anyway.

Hence why I want an outsider coming in and cleaning house.

Someone from a strong club too.
EJ and i were talking about this today. We said the same. We need an external to come in. Absolutely.

how does the project go from $30 mill to 100$ mill in 2 years

wtf is wrong with this bullshite capatalism

whos filling their pockets ?
Well Setka is retiring to his private island in the Maldives. And people who hold signs in the tunnels can earn $200k a year. I dunno where it went…..

Richmond was an arrogant campaigner. We were literally dead in the water because of him. How the **** did we ever lose Raines, Wood, Cloke etc? Unforgivable.
The Faustian pact. On one hand psycho good recruiting of Ronaldson, Northey, Bourke, Clay, Hart, Sheedy, Bartlett, Green, Richardson, Barrot, Hunt. Then astute regeneration to bring in Balme, McGhie, Sproule, Wood, Walsh etc.

The other Part of the pact: lose plenty too. Billy Barrott, Roberts, Hafey?

4 flags was the prize of his eat em strategy. and 37 year drought was the price of Graeme Richmond. I was old enough to fully enjoy that era.

Thank goodness Gale at the Club broke the drought.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A 67% increase on the original estimate in 6 years is well above the CPI in that time so the costs are over inflated and new quotes need to be made or the project aborted.
Building costs arent captured in the cpi ol mate , bread milk and bacon are , oh and the ulp you put in the tank . Yiu could google what the measuring sticks are exactly , ill put my left nut on it there’s no bags of cement or building materials cited

Building costs arent captured in the cpi ol mate , bread milk and bacon are , oh and the ulp you put in the tank . Yiu could google what the measuring sticks are exactly , ill put my left nut on it there’s no bags of cement or building materials cited
Primary Price Index costs haven’t gone up that much in the industry over six years. It’s the PPI sorry.
Steel has actually dropped back to its price of 2019 so something is not right was my point.

From our President in the October 2023 Financial Report around mid page 4 .

Off-field, the Club reported a modest operating surplus for the year ended 31 October 2023, prior to fundraising for the Punt Road redevelopment project. Tina De Young, the chair of our Finance, Audit, and Investments Committee, will provide more detail in her report to members.

While this is a solid result in the circumstances given the AFLM draw had a reduced number of blockbuster home games, it underlines the marginal nature of our business, given this profit was generated from a revenue base of

$106 million.

With economic conditions tightening and cost of living pressures beginning to bite, the Board and management understand the importance of prudent financial management now and into the future. It again highlights the importance of our membership base to the Club’s financial health. If you can do one thing for your Club, please renew your membership, or become a member, in 2024.

The redevelopment of Punt Road Oval is one of the most significant undertakings in the history of our Club. It will be our legacy for generations to come and keep our Club strong and bold long into the future.

Funding this redevelopment is a significant challenge in the current environment. Support from Government - both Federal and State - and some very generous donations from our high-net-worth supporters have been very much appreciated. But we will need the support of our members and supporters to bring this redevelopment to life.

A fundraising campaign will commence early in the new year, and any support you can provide will be greatly appreciated. When the Tiger Army mobilises, nothing gets in our way, and I look forward to the day we can collectively celebrate delivering this Club such an important facility.

Adelaide’s $100m+ new facility

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Lots of open and empty under utilized glassed space in that gigantic foyer/main entrance area!
Lots of expensive heating/cooling required here.
What, no swimming pool for the players to train in?!
Seems like a large restaurant area for the suits to indulge in...food and drink wise!

Adelaide’s $100m+ new facility

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Ours is on prime realestate and will increase our asset value substantially as well as up to date training facilities or we can keep a derelict old stand that can't be used and fall behind the rest of the comp like before

Lots of open and empty under utilized glassed space in that gigantic foyer/main entrance area!
Lots of expensive heating/cooling required here.
What, no swimming pool for the players to train in?!
Seems like a large restaurant area for the suits to indulge in...food and drink wise!
It doesn't look like games will be played there either, we are upgrading to 8000 capacity which will provide a return

News Jack Dyer Stand may go in $60m Punt Road Oval redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back