News Jack Dyer Stand may go in $60m Punt Road Oval redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

The current ground is same dimensions as Marvel ... hasn't helped us get a win there ... it is all hyperbole and a giant waste of money ... redesign the project to fit the funds available

No you are right ... the correct answer is non-binary
I don’t know, having a ground to train and play on , the same size as the G, would improve us long term.
What do we play 2 or 3 games at Marvel compared to 11 plus at the G.

I don’t know, having a ground to train and play on , the same size as the G, would improve us long term.
What do we play 2 or 3 games at Marvel compared to 11 plus at the G.
I’m not so big on ground dimensions being a game changer but the point made earlier about upgrading our amenities to the top standard is a must , right now the likes of WB and norf and saints have gone past our rabbit hole . Spend what’s req or be left behind , my only point is that it needs to fit a responsible budget , saints and WB look nothing like this tajmahal being proposed

I’m not so big on ground dimensions being a game changer but the point made earlier about upgrading our amenities to the top standard is a must , right now the likes of WB and norf and saints have gone past our rabbit hole . Spend what’s req or be left behind , my only point is that it needs to fit a responsible budget , saints and WB look nothing like this tajmahal being proposed
Yeah that’s fair enough, you can’t fall behind in those areas, but as we all know building costs have gone up by something like 25% since 2020, so previous budgets have blown out.
I still think it’s more important to be getting the ground and training facilities (gym etc) top notch. They are the areas you don’t want to fall behind in. And if that means some of the other areas of redevelopment are put on the back-burner then so be it.
Winning Premierships is what it’s all about, do that and the money flows in and everything else falls into place

My point again is this. When were we not ever an inclusive supportive club? When were we not welcoming to all communities? I don't think having gay supporters or people of other races is a particularly new phenomena to Richmond or any club. Pretty sure they have been supporting footy forever.
White old man says we’ve been a diverse and inclusive club for years.

I am sure bachar houli types would love some more rainbow flags , rainbow sash and the like at games , feels very inviting
This is also my feeling as the minute you cater for certain groups then you:

1, Could be turning off other groups based on Religion, culture and other beliefs.
2. Are actually discriminating against other groups not mentioned.

My policy is to focus on football first and charities as they're the closest things to our hearts which we can pretty well all agree on. There are lots of people who are turned off going by it all now as football is not the primary focus anymore.
People are feeling discriminated by all of this diversity stuff and it's now backfiring.

Last edited:
Yeah that’s fair enough, you can’t fall behind in those areas, but as we all know building costs have gone up by something like 25% since 2020, so previous budgets have blown out.
I still think it’s more important to be getting the ground and training facilities (gym etc) top notch. They are the areas you don’t want to fall behind in. And if that means some of the other areas of redevelopment are put on the back-burner then so be it.
Winning Premierships is what it’s all about, do that and the money flows in and everything else falls into place
It could all be done just lower the eyes , it’s not 101 Collins st , it’s a bloody footy club . We could do similar to what saints have done and I’m tipping wouldn’t cost 100m

i think you've summed it up well, you're a bunch scared old fellas, scared of not not being the sole group catered for, scared of things not being like it was for your old man, scared of change and mostly uneducated.

Groupie_ saying "catering to the woke minority does more damage than good, the majority could be turned off as a result", I think you're worried that footy becoming a more diverse place means grumpy old men like you aren't the majority, and in fact you're the soft minority who's afraid of a couple questions in a survey.

How hilarious throwing terms like 'principal business' around as if ensuring our fan base isn't exclusively welcome and representative of blokes like in the screenshot, is codependent of footballing success.

View attachment 2106497
as a member of the woke minority, make sure you include the hijab when youre proudly wearing your inclusive rainbow badge

You go outside mate? Or too scared to do that? Worried you might see someone a bit different from you? 103,253 posts on an online forum screams the former
who says im white champ ? i come from a mixed euro /asian background
images

i think you've summed it up well, you're a bunch scared old fellas, scared of not not being the sole group catered for, scared of things not being like it was for your old man, scared of change and mostly uneducated.

Groupie_ saying "catering to the woke minority does more damage than good, the majority could be turned off as a result", I think you're worried that footy becoming a more diverse place means grumpy old men like you aren't the majority, and in fact you're the soft minority who's afraid of a couple questions in a survey.

How hilarious throwing terms like 'principal business' around as if ensuring our fan base isn't exclusively welcome and representative of blokes like in the screenshot, is independent of footballing success.

View attachment 2106497
Sorry to hit a raw nerve, but it's not about being a bunch of old blokes. My argument was that this Diversity religion has actually discriminated against actual major religious groups and other major cultural groups , so it's actually backfiring. I also want football back to just for the fans and totally devoid from any major or minor groups. Make it for the supporters only.

No one is saying that's a bad thing. Good luck to them. But, is there a chance we can just go to the footy and escape for 3 hours without messaging?

Whats stopping you from ignoring it?

Messaging is everywhere, from both sides. Easy enough to ignore if you try.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to hit a raw nerve, but it's not about being a bunch of old blokes. My argument was that this Diversity religion has actually discriminated against actual major religious groups and other major cultural groups , so it's actually backfiring. I also want football back to just for the fans and totally devoid from any major or minor groups. Make it for the supporters only.
It's not a raw nerve, the core purpose of diversity and inclusion initiatives is to ensure that everyone, regardless of their religion, race, or identity, feels welcome and included. It’s not about excluding or targeting specific groups—it’s about broadening the community. The whole purpose of talking about diversity is to make ensure that exclusion doesn't happen. We're therefore arguing for the same thing.

When some say these initiatives are ‘backfiring,’ it’s often a reaction to the unfamiliarity of change, where increased visibility of minority groups might feel like a threat or an overshadowing of more traditional groups. But in reality, making football (or any space) more inclusive doesn’t take away from any group’s rights or experiences—it just means that others are given the opportunity to participate fully too. It’s not a zero-sum game

It could all be done just lower the eyes , it’s not 101 Collins st , it’s a bloody footy club . We could do similar to what saints have done and I’m tipping wouldn’t cost 100m
Dunno but maybe town planning have a say in what sort of building can be built there? It's prime real estate in the heart of Melbourne's prestigious sporting precinct, they're not gonna allow a colourbond shed to be built there.

we raised millions of dollars through the fighting tiger fund and could only muster up 400 odd k for the new facility

go woke go broke on full display
Maybe further proof it's not a "woke 'minority'", and that your "majority [that] could be turned off" isn't so major.

Scary isn't it

Maybe further proof it's not a "woke 'minority'", and that your "majority [that] could be turned off" isn't so major.

Scary isn't it
bullshite

we had way less supporters when we raised the millions for the ftf

400k when the clubs asked for how much ?

embarrassing

Dunno but maybe town planning have a say in what sort of building can be built there? It's prime real estate in the heart of Melbourne's prestigious sporting precinct, they're not gonna allow a colourbond shed to be built there.
Possibly, I got impression from dunny that progress is hinging on potential stakeholders being incorporated into the usage , AFLW and mcc . Sounds promising for mine , would be an ideal AFLW hub location wise

Possibly, I got impression from dunny that progress is hinging on potential stakeholders being incorporated into the usage , AFLW and mcc . Sounds promising for mine , would be an ideal AFLW hub location wise
I think the underground carpark is due to the MCC not allowing any development encroaching on present park land there.

How hilarious throwing terms like 'principal business' around as if ensuring our fan base isn't exclusively welcome and representative of blokes like in the screenshot, is independent of footballing success.

View attachment 2106497
Spot on

I think the underground carpark is due to the MCC not allowing any development encroaching on present park land there.
The people of Victoria own Yarra Park, the MCC just manages it on behalf of

White old man says we’ve been a diverse and inclusive club for years.
My experience is yes, we have. Interesting you brought my skin color into it.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Jack Dyer Stand may go in $60m Punt Road Oval redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back