News Jack Dyer Stand may go in $60m Punt Road Oval redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

i think you've summed it up well, you're a bunch scared old fellas, scared of not not being the sole group catered for, scared of things not being like it was for your old man, scared of change and mostly uneducated.

Groupie_ saying "catering to the woke minority does more damage than good, the majority could be turned off as a result", I think you're worried that footy becoming a more diverse place means grumpy old men like you aren't the majority, and in fact you're the soft minority who's afraid of a couple questions in a survey.

How hilarious throwing terms like 'principal business' around as if ensuring our fan base isn't exclusively welcome and representative of blokes like in the screenshot, is independent of footballing success.

View attachment 2106497
Whose scared? Me personally i am saying we have always been inclusive and accessible and accepting. That’s my experience. I don’t need to walk under a banner to know i’m not a campaigner. I just wanna watch footy.

Fascinating you can't see how it's relevant
In today’s accepting society it isn’t. I don’t see color. You do. Who’s the possible racist?

In today’s accepting society it isn’t. I don’t see color. You do. Who’s the possible racist?
It's fascinating that you don't see how your position and identity might shape your perspective on diversity and inclusion. Lived experience often influences how we perceive these issues. Be critical.

You don't think it's an issue because a lack of diversity doesn't affect you. It never has. !

Whats stopping you from ignoring it?

Messaging is everywhere, from both sides. Easy enough to ignore if you try.
I’m trying.
It's fascinating that you don't see how your position and identity might shape your perspective on diversity and inclusion. Lived experience often influences how we perceive these issues. Be critical.

You don't think it's an issue because a lack of diversity doesn't affect you. It never has. !
Yeah mate, grew up on a dirt poor farm and then lived in a regional city/town which is 40% indigenous population. Then i went and majored in Sociology at Monash. So, thank you for recognizing my experience may count for something.

It's not a raw nerve, the core purpose of diversity and inclusion initiatives is to ensure that everyone, regardless of their religion, race, or identity, feels welcome and included. It’s not about excluding or targeting specific groups—it’s about broadening the community. The whole purpose of talking about diversity is to make ensure that exclusion doesn't happen. We're therefore arguing for the same thing.

When some say these initiatives are ‘backfiring,’ it’s often a reaction to the unfamiliarity of change, where increased visibility of minority groups might feel like a threat or an overshadowing of more traditional groups. But in reality, making football (or any space) more inclusive doesn’t take away from any group’s rights or experiences—it just means that others are given the opportunity to participate fully too. It’s not a zero-sum game
It does affect other groups AS BELIEFS ARE DIFFERENT . You seem to have an issue with old white fellas. lol calling us scared is already discriminating and adding colour too. I'm a Chocolate little Italian.
Unless you can provide actual evidence contrary to my opinions then you're going on gut feelings.

Last edited:
I’m trying.

Yeah mate, grew up on a dirt poor farm and then lived in a regional city/town which is 40% indigenous population. Then i went and majored in Sociology at Monash. So, thank you for recognizing my experience may count for something.
Given that background I'm surprised that you wouldn’t value diversity and the importance of creating opportunities for those who are less privileged. It seems like that experience would make you even more aware of why valuing and continuing to work towards inclusion matters. It's not the gotcha you think it is - it's just being ignorant

Last edited:
It does affect other groups AS BELIEFS ARE DIFFERENT . You seem to have an issue with old white fellas. lol calling us scared is already discriminating and adding colour too. I'm a Chocolate little Italian.
Unless you can provide actual evidence contrary to my opinions then you're going on gut feelings.
So do you feel marginalised by inclusion efforts/initiatives/conversation by the club? Or upset I called you a scared old man for being upset about inclusion and diversity efforts?

So do you feel marginalised by inclusion efforts/initiatives/conversation by the club? Or upset I called you a scared old man for being upset about inclusion and diversity efforts?
YES BC IT AFFECTS OTHER GROUPS AND IS IRRELEVANT AS WE ARE ALL RFC SUPPORTERS AND NOT ALL DIVERSITY GROUP SUPPORTERS THAT AGREE ON THE SAME VALUES .
I'm disappointed bc you assumed i was a scared old man and assuming I was also upset about inclusion and diversity efforts? I just told you why i thought it was wrong and got the usual stereotypical WOKE response. You totally missed my two points.

Last edited:
YES BC IT AFFECTS OTHER GROUPS AND IS IRRELEVANT AS WE ARE ALLRFC SUPPORTERS AND NOT ALL DIVERSITY GROUP SUPPORTERS THAT AGREE ON THE SAME VALUES .
I'm disappointed bc you assumed i was a scared old man and assuming I was also upset about inclusion and diversity efforts? I just told you why i thought it was wrong and got the usual stereotypical WOKE response. You totally missed my two points.
I think we might still disagree on the idea that diversity efforts are irrelevant to our shared identity as Richmond supporters. A diverse and inclusive community doesn’t mean we have to share all the same beliefs or values; it just means everyone should feel welcome regardless of those differences. I think it's the use of words like 'woke' that gives me the impression you're a bit scared.

I disagree that a certain demographic, that is the majority in this forum, can make the call that 'everyone feels welcome'. I'm gonna leave it at that.

I think we might still disagree on the idea that diversity efforts are irrelevant to our shared identity as Richmond supporters. A diverse and inclusive community doesn’t mean we have to share all the same beliefs or values; it just means everyone should feel welcome regardless of those differences. I think it's the use of words like 'woke' that gives me the impression you're a bit scared.

I disagree that a certain demographic, that is the majority in this forum, can make the call that 'everyone feels welcome'. I'm gonna leave it at that.
OK

No one is saying that's a bad thing. Good luck to them. But, is there a chance we can just go to the footy and escape for 3 hours without messaging?
I hear you and agree to an extent but it appears those days may be behind us? In that clubs are virtually expected to demonstrate leadership in this space which means being active in the policy and public word/voice arena ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have a read again, haven't said that. Just trying to get you get you to gain some critical thought, it's difficult when surrounded by like-minded oldies on a forum.
I think you’ll find the levels of diversity on this forum might just surprise you a little….

Spot on, Regardless of beliefs we are all equal and should be treated so.

i think you've summed it up well, you're a bunch scared old fellas, scared of not not being the sole group catered for, scared of things not being like it was for your old man, scared of change and mostly uneducated.

Groupie_ saying "catering to the woke minority does more damage than good, the majority could be turned off as a result", I think you're worried that footy becoming a more diverse place means grumpy old men like you aren't the majority, and in fact you're the soft minority who's afraid of a couple questions in a survey.

How hilarious throwing terms like 'principal business' around as if ensuring our fan base isn't exclusively welcome and representative of blokes like in the screenshot, is independent of footballing success.

View attachment 2106497
Is this a poster from Crime Stoppers?

Still I don't think the Vic govt will allow any development to encroach too much (such as a multi storey carpark) on existing parkland.
We can't expand our boundaries or build a monolith, the new design looks much more open than the current building

I totally understand and respect your POV. I"ll try another way, is the balance on messaging and off field programs and other inclusive messaging about right to you, too much or we could do more? And the other frustration some of us have is Richmond, put the ****ing hand away. The supporters aren't an ATM. There's a thought out there we are just more of a marketing strategy now than a supporter base.
RFC asking for monetary support and celebrating inclusivity are two totally separate things though

Feeling like the club is treating you like an ATM is a valid thing to be upset about. The club trying to open themselves up to non traditional support bases is not

On the messaging side of things I can comfortably say the whinging on here about it absolutely dwarfs the actual messaging the club sends out. On that questionnaire there was a couple of questions on inclusivity amongst a bunch of other questions but it’s all anyone is harping on about in here

RFC asking for monetary support and celebrating inclusivity are two totally separate things though

Feeling like the club is treating you like an ATM is a valid thing to be upset about. The club trying to open themselves up to non traditional support bases is not

On the messaging side of things I can comfortably say the whinging on here about it absolutely dwarfs the actual messaging the club sends out. On that questionnaire there was a couple of questions on inclusivity amongst a bunch of other questions but it’s all anyone is harping on about in here
Totally respect that POV.

View attachment 2106497
Just on the race baiting here by the use of this photo. This poster really doesn't know the background or beliefs. But has used this to illicit a reaction.
As I personally know these gentlemen, they would be genuinely offended by this photo as an example of middle aged white guys (who maybe want to be racist). Michaels Tiger71 Elton Johns Wig I will let you defend yourselves if you choose to respond here.
Fancy highlighting a show that has celebrated and interviewed Richmond royalty like Michael Mitchell, Phil Egan, Ivan Maric etc etc to highlight racism. A more stupider, nieve take I can't imagine. EJW in particular would rip you a new areshole for what you are implying. Be better. And your ignorance is incredible.

I thought this was a thread about a redevelopment not the Facebook Anti Woke Group.
It's a ****ing question in a ****ing survey. If you don't like it just put a comment in somewhere if it asks for feedback. Not that these surveys tend to lead to much action from the club unless you tick the "yes i am interested in this option to give you more money" box.

I don't have a problem with the club asking for donations, its how it survives and I want it to survive. If the club rings me and asks for a donation they don't seem offended when I decline and are elated if I do, no is an option for those who don't want to so stop making a big deal out of it

Back onto the new Punt Road development. Manchester United have got the go ahead to build a new stadium at a cost of about $4 billion. Reckon we should do the same, or something similar. Forget this boutique stadium BS and dare to dream.

Back onto the new Punt Road development. Manchester United have got the go ahead to build a new stadium at a cost of about $4 billion. Reckon we should do the same, or something similar. Forget this boutique stadium BS and dare to dream.

Maybe a 40000 seat stadium, imagine the hand wringing from the around 10 detractors here

Remove this Banner Ad

News Jack Dyer Stand may go in $60m Punt Road Oval redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back