Jack Ginnivan - Redemption arc

Has your opinion of Jack Ginnivan changed over the past 2 years?

• Yes

Votes: 66 29.9%
  • No

Votes: 155 70.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So which player was being chaired off?
Kenny was back in line to clap Bruest off - it was Sicily's response that took it into the clapping.

Personally, I think it's a great story that they'll all love either way and hasn't ruined his tribute at all. It's made it more memorable.

Kenny was back in line to clap Bruest off - it was Sicily's response that took it into the clapping.

Personally, I think it's a great story that they'll all love either way and hasn't ruined his tribute at all. It's made it more memorable.

Yes I get all the semantics you guys are pushing.

They were within earshot because they were moving into position. We saw Hinckley just before motioning the team over.

But he then was a smartarse for his players benefit. Giggles among the ‘boys’

Lining up is optional, just don’t do it. Sportsmanship but not sportsmanship at the same time. But it’s in ports dna I get that
Why not be true to your dna and not line up at all? We don’t need you

They were within earshot because they were moving into position. We saw Hinckley just before motioning the team over.

Lining up is optional, just don’t do it. Sportsmanship but not sportsmanship at the same time. But it’s in ports dna I get that
Nice melt.

Yes Kenny was a smartarse.

Has it even crossed your mind that a couple of minutes earlier your captain showed how incredibly frustrated and upset he was and then a few minutes later he found something that looked pretty innocuous to the non-Hawk following footy public to let it all out about.

Yes Kenny was a smartarse.

Has it even crossed your mind that a couple of minutes earlier your captain showed how incredibly frustrated and upset he was and then a few minutes later he found something that looked pretty innocuous to the non-Hawk following footy public to let it all out about.
Maybe

I still reckon media would be lookin at it differently if it was a media favourite players 300th too

Last edited:
Maybe

I still reckon media would be lookin at it differently if it was a media favourite players 300th too

He's not high profile, but everyone likes Bruest.

I love the ginnivan shit stirring and the comebacks. And I loved it last year when Maynard said something along the lines of "that's why we're the best team in the comp - we're coming for you Port" and I loved Kenny taking the piss out of him and us for a week. To me that's the real culture of footy - that's what we all do and what the players say when there isn't a microphone in front of them. So I loved Ginni's tweet and Kenny's aeroplane stuff.

Perhaps Kenny took it too far and got really abusive or perhaps Sicily and the Hawks had an almighty sook - or more likely a combination of the two. Overall though, it's disappointing that it's kicked off such a hullabuloo, as Ginni probably won't send out a smarthouse tweet to Kenny when he gets on a plane this week to go on holiday, which was how it should have gone.

Ginnivan is a breath of fresh air stripping away the bullshit serious sombre respectful facade and just being honest - who he is and we are when it comes to footy. And I love that Kenny is along for the ride. It's a shit stirring game where they kick a ball between sticks - it's not ****ing serious business.

Last edited:
Fair enough we see it differently.

But in the false equivalence. Hawks have lined up to honour champions from other teams, as recently as this season for Dusty and behaved impeccably.

It’s really not that hard to do
Did Tigers players taunt them in the leadup to that game?

No, false equivalence, lol.

Face it, your club has skeletons in its closet too, so hop down off your high horse.

Yes, everyone loved a senior coach being a mouth after the siren.

That’s why the AFL fined Ken for Conduct unbecoming. 🤪

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can't believe people are still bellyaching about this non-issue.

1) he got fined, justice was "served" (or something like that)
2) ginnivin got egg on his face, mitchell and sicilly embarrassed themselves by having a toddler tantrum
3) the world kept moving.

it happened, it'll probably happen again in the future. who cares

Ginni doesnt post what he did , none of this happens. Lets be a bit more 1990 instead of 2024 and finger point everyone else after the initial instigation.

He knew what he was doing. Same reason he knew what he was doing when he cracked a can cele after going to the pub, he seeks the attention and welcomes it.

He's not high profile, but everyone likes Bruest.

I love the ginnivan shit stirring and the comebacks. And I loved it last year when Maynard said something along the lines of "that's why we're the best team in the comp - we're coming for you Port" and I loved Kenny taking the piss out of him and us for a week. To me that's the real culture of footy - that's what we all do and what the players say when there isn't a microphone in front of them. So I loved Ginni's tweet and Kenny's aeroplane stuff.

Perhaps Kenny took it too far and got really abusive or perhaps Sicily and the Hawks had an almighty sook - or more likely a combination of the two. Overall though, it's disappointing that it's kicked off such a hullabuloo, as Ginni probably won't send out a smarthouse tweet to Kenny when he gets on a plane this week to go on holiday, which was how it should have gone.

Ginnivan is a breath of fresh air stripping away the bullshit serious sombre respectful facade and just being honest - who he is and we are when it comes to footy. And I love that Kenny is along for the ride. It's a shit stirring game where they kick a ball between sticks - it's not ****ing serious business.
But you dont like it when someone criticises umpiring as thats not banter?

Maybe that person went a little too far and perhaps the person who took offence overreacted and sooked?

I guess only certain types can shit stir..

But you dont like it when someone criticises umpiring as thats not banter?

Maybe that person went a little too far and perhaps the person who took offence overreacted and sooked?

I guess only certain types can shit stir..
Good work.

And you're right.

That's footy culture - supporter, player, coach - all do it.

Shit stirring, sometimes going too far, sometimes sooking.

I certainly don't sit outside or above that culture.

All good PF.

Have a glass of Grange on me - well actually on you.

Heeneys 200th on Friday. As it happens
To say cameras will be on our Kenny is an understatement
Ridiculous that another club would even line up for someone's 200th. 300th should be the minimum or retiring

Phil Davis summed it up pretty well with Gerard on SEN this morning. Ken in his position of power should not be talking too an opposition player straight after the siren. He should be setting an example ….. not a good look for the game.

In terms of Siss his exact words “Proud of him protecting and standing up to a coach having a go at one of his players”!

Good work.

And you're right.

That's footy culture - supporter, player, coach - all do it.

Shit stirring, sometimes going too far, sometimes sooking.

I certainly don't sit outside or above that culture.

All good PF.

Have a glass of Grange on me - well actually on you.
Too top shelf for me good sir, bottle of Club Port more my thing.

Phil Davis summed it up pretty well with Gerard on SEN this morning. Ken in his position of power should not be talking too an opposition player straight after the siren. He should be setting an example ….. not a good look for the game.

In terms of Siss his exact words “Proud of him protecting and standing up to a coach having a go at one of his players”!
Not 4x worse than Clarko calling Lloyd a f*ing weak c*nt though right?

Defensive Hawks and Davis are living in cuckoo land. Both Hinkley and Sicily being abusive is a "bad look for the game." if that's what you're running with.

And if you're running with the playground refrain of "he started it" to justify an escalated response, Kenny is all good too and should be a thing of pride for Port as well. But not even little kids with "he started is" jump to pride - it's just to try to avoid blame. Pride in Sicily for being abusive and clearly losing his shit is just bizarre.

Just protecting and standing up for his team against smartarse jibes would be the defensive argument that the defensive Hawk fans would be using if it had have been their coach in Kenny's shoes and in the case of Hawks it's often been their coach behaving worse.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Ginnivan - Redemption arc

Back