Jack Ginnivan - Redemption arc

Has your opinion of Jack Ginnivan changed over the past 2 years?

• Yes

Votes: 65 30.4%
  • No

Votes: 149 69.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If the Hawks lose the media will have a field-day with Ginnivan & Hawthorn.
Oh no.... Imagine if we lose to Port and our season is finished...

Our premiership dream has been snuffed out

...and then Kane Cornes, Damien Barrett, Caroline Wilson, Hutchy, David King and Whateley and Robbo go to town on Hawthorn and talk about the GINNIVAN DISTRACTION

What will we do? How will we ever cope with the Ginni criticisms?

Never mind that our season is done and dusted. Our biggest concern will be the media fallout.

OH NOOOOOO!

gratisography-scared-14-free-stock-photo-1170x780.jpg

The fundamental issue the media are missing on all of this is that the coach and the club are ok with what's going on. I get it last year that McCrae didn't like it - there's obviously a story there. But we're now in the ludicrous situation of Cornes going on the Sunday footy show and saying that Jack should have gone to an Italian restaurant instead of the London.

I mean come on - does it matter where he goes out to eat? Is the choice of having a parma at the London over a marinara at the local Italian really something that warrants media attention? Is it a sensible choice to have seafood at all? Please tell me David King.

They know what they're doing too, given they are studiously steering clear of talking about alcohol - he didn't have a drink or anything ridiculous. The whole "a distraction" argument too - fellas, you're the ones with the issue, not Sam Mitchell and not HFC.

No not really. He’s still frustrating to watch against your team, and mildly amusing off it. He grew on me a bit more post the Pies games because of the absolute hypocritical meltdowns from Pies fans, the absolute foaming was 10/10 funniest thing I’ve seen all year.

As for the off field banter, I question whether it’s a good decision in terms of potentially having an opponent weaponise your words (see Ed Langdon, Rachele) but it’s also harmless.

Only Paul Roos tier boomers crack it over their stupid concept of “disrespect”. Which is the most annoying buzzword of the last 5-10 years. Everything youthful is disrespectful to boomers.

The fundamental issue the media are missing on all of this is that the coach and the club are ok with what's going on. I get it last year that McCrae didn't like it - there's obviously a story there. But we're now in the ludicrous situation of Cornes going on the Sunday footy show and saying that Jack should have gone to an Italian restaurant instead of the London.

I mean come on - does it matter where he goes out to eat? Is the choice of having a parma at the London over a marinara at the local Italian really something that warrants media attention? Is it a sensible choice to have seafood at all? Please tell me David King.

They know what they're doing too, given they are studiously steering clear of talking about alcohol - he didn't have a drink or anything ridiculous. The whole "a distraction" argument too - fellas, you're the ones with the issue, not Sam Mitchell and not HFC.

Click click click

That’s what it’s all about.

Ginni infuriates fans of 17 teams, and is loved by 1, he’s not a Karl Amon type who is neither here nor there in regards to fan attitudes. If you say anything about Ginni it’s clicks.

He seems to really irk a lot of my Freo supporting mates, so for that reason alone he has gone up in my estimation.

Add in Pies supporters getting irritated and we now have a true legend of the game.

There is some great vision from the weekends game where Jack does his chugging beer action and you can see a Bullies supporter in the background giving a wry smile and then a laugh.

And this is what makes our game great in that we generally don't get so overinvested that we turn feral - Pies and Dockers supporters being the main exception.

Here's looking at you Rusty, Phil, Egg, Bubsy, Butch and Berger (thick and easy).

Latest blow up over the Instagram comment is silly too. So you’re allowed to say “I’m confident we’ll get the job done this weekend” but not imply that you will win?

Weird arcane etiquette and obscure lore

If the Hawks lose the media will have a field-day with Ginnivan & Hawthorn.

Yeah, the team that most saw as bottom 2 only making it to a Semi final is a terrible thing for him and the club.

Yeah, no-one cared when Sicily said "sure, why not?" when asked if Hawthorn can win the flag...

Are you taking the mick? They have two more games left to win a premiership. That is obviously different to what Ginnivan said
They do?
That’s a bit presumptuous isn’t it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is entertaining but I would pissed off if he played for my club & made those comments, gives opposition fuel...

I remember Hartlett saying "I think there'd be plenty of people out there who would like to see his season come to an end. I'll leave it at that.

These things tend to backfire.

If Port need fuel going into this Semi Final then the Hawks have already won.

I would say if anything it's more centred around the fact if that is the attitude of the Hawks that they are just going to keep winning easily, but that could also be considered confidence.

I would say if anything it's more centred around the fact if that is the attitude of the Hawks that they are just going to keep winning easily, but that could also be considered confidence.
Getting reamed on your home deck by 14 goals should peak their interest also

Let's be honest - there'll be a few Port fans wanting their season to end so Ken gets the chop. The issue is Ken has lots of mates in the media so no-one is going to write anything about that. and if they do it'll be around how ungrateful Port are instead of any insight into why the fans hate him.

Let's be honest - there'll be a few Port fans wanting their season to end so Ken gets the chop. The issue is Ken has lots of mates in the media so no-one is going to write anything about that. and if they do it'll be around how ungrateful Port are instead of any insight into why the fans hate him.
Ken might be the first coach ever to be booed off the ground after a win this weekend

Why don’t you take out your hands and count how many games it will take for Geelong to win the premiership - you know - the goal in football.
hall of fame game missed the point GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Ginnivan - Redemption arc

Back