Jack Ginnivan - Redemption arc

Has your opinion of Jack Ginnivan changed over the past 2 years?

• Yes

Votes: 66 30.4%
  • No

Votes: 151 69.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Being publicly chastised and subsequently move on for a harmless night out is more than enough.
Going to the races the night before a GF created an unnecessary distraction according to nearly everyone. If you think that’s the reason entirely he was traded you probably should dig deeper. He’s been great for you guys you should be grateful Fly is Bevo like behind closed doors

Just don't give him a chance to dive for a cheap free or 50m.

Wouldn't be surprised if Port go into the game with a "don't even make eye contact with the prick" mentality. Let him try and get the niggle started but just ignore him and don't react. Ginni thrives off the argy bargy niggling shit
You mean like the way opposition teams approach Papley? This thread is so amusing, as if Hawthorn could give a crap what a handful of BigFooty posters think.

Going to the races the night before a GF created an unnecessary distraction according to nearly everyone. If you think that’s the reason entirely he was traded you probably should dig deeper. He’s been great for you guys you should be grateful Fly is Bevo like behind closed doors
Very grateful, that's not the point though.

Your coach acted on it...way over reaction don't you think? Plenty of pie players in the past done a lot worse and survived.
He was going against team rules in the finals according to Pendles which is a probably more frustrating to the group than the Moonee Valley pre GF tour. Pressure wasn’t Ginnis strength which was what we were all about. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t an impulsive, hissy fit to trade him

He was going against team rules in the finals according to Pendles which is a probably more frustrating to the group than the Moonee Valley pre GF tour. Pressure wasn’t Ginnis strength which was what we were all about. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t an impulsive, hissy fit to trade him
Understand that but it must have got to a point where Ginni wanted out. 21yo talent is worth persevering with I would have thought, instead the club went hard at Schulz. Pies have a history of sticking fat with talent during the tough times.

You mean like the way opposition teams approach Papley? This thread is so amusing, as if Hawthorn could give a crap what a handful of BigFooty posters think.
Lol. All I said was "port would be dumb to specifically target him because he gets off on it"

Didn't think it'd be that controversial

Understand that but it must have got to a point where Ginni wanted out. 21yo talent is worth persevering with I would have thought, instead the club went hard at Schulz. Pies have a history of sticking fat with talent during the tough times.
I can’t remember the order of events but it seemed Ginni heard Pies were into Shultz and the Hawthorn approach seemed a better career move. 🤷🏼‍♂️. They tried to get him to built his tank to get through the middle but then he was being used as the sub which probably gave him the shits.

Lol. All I said was "port would be dumb to specifically target him because he gets off on it"

Didn't think it'd be that controversial
We’ve come a long way in the AFL, finally reflecting society in that the individual is increasingly accepted for being individual, as long as they don’t undermine efforts towards to collective group performance.

Who could care what Ginnivan does? He's celebrating, not insulting.
Of course he welcomes the attention, as long as it’s fair. And will need to accept that it often won’t be.

I can’t remember the order of events but it seemed Ginni heard Pies were into Shultz and the Hawthorn approach seemed a better career move. 🤷🏼‍♂️. They tried to get him to built his tank to get through the middle but then he was being used as the sub which probably gave him the shits.
He also didn't feel the love, more Hawthorn players talked to him than Collingwood players, so he felt more loved at Hawthorn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being publicly chastised and subsequently move on for a harmless night out is more than enough.
So nothing.
If he played a half decent GF, then maybe not much would be said.

Ginni copped so much more media and opposition hate while at the Pies. From selfies after wins, to the whole head high sucking saga, to being caught getting on the gear in toilets.

On every occasion the coach stood by him and protected him.

But he decided to stay out at the races when the biggest game of the season was starting at 3pm and played a very poor GF.

You have no idea.

By gifting him a premiership medal over Noble. What a savage
Why do Pies fans always bring up Noble? Just curious as he may have had a quiet one also. No guarantee
he would have starred in the GF. Pies won it anyway. Ginni deserved his spot in the GF as he has 2 great seasons to help Pies get there.

Was not a fan of Ginni at all at the time but still believe he deserved it. I am warming to him a bit though after 12mth
of keeping out of the headlines for bad shit and working very hard. Seems like a good kid so hopefully he takes his career more seriously and fullfills his potential.

Why do Pies fans always bring up Noble? Just curious as he may have had a quiet one also. No guarantee
he would have starred in the GF. Ginni deserved his spot in the GF as he has 2 great seasons to help Pies get there.

Was not a fan of Ginni at all at the time but still believe he deserved it. I am warming to him a bit though after 12mth
of keeping out of the headlines for bad shit and working very hard. Seems like a good kid so hopefully he takes his career more seriously and fullfills his potential.
I dunno. Just a reaction to Ginni getting a medal and leaving after Nobes played so many games in a row and was shattered to miss. It’s quite funny reading the comments on here from Hawk supporters defending Ginni and looking at it from the other side now. He’s not a mean spirited flog like many label him. More a shit stirrer that doesn’t really let outside opinions bother him.

I dunno. Just a reaction to Ginni getting a medal and leaving after Nobes played so many games in a row and was shattered to miss. It’s quite funny reading the comments on here from Hawk supporters defending Ginni and looking at it from the other side now. He’s not a mean spirited flog like many label him. More a shit stirrer that doesn’t really let outside opinions bother him.
Agree with you. I was not happy to get him at the start but gave him 12mth to come good off field. Seems
to have taken advice from the older Hawks players with head down bum up attitude. I do like the cheeky stirrer persona though I must admit. Hate always seeing robots with no personality.

Noble lost his spot to Markov. Ginnivan took Lippas spot in the midfield, and did ok. That spot opened up because Adams was hurt.

The reason Ginnivan was competing with Lippa for a deep midfield spot was because Bobby Hill was the small forward of choice in 23 and was BOG in the granny.

So Ginni was several blokes back from a fwd spot (with Shulz coming in) and on the fringe as a mid. He did improve his tank massively to play mid and credit to him, but he was fringe to our needs, and he repeatedly pushed off the coach who had a new baby.

So as long as Mitchell doesn't father another kid or get to many decent small fwds Jack should be fine.

Agree with you. I was not happy to get him at the start but gave him 12mth to come good off field. Seems
to have taken advice from the older Hawks players with head down bum up attitude. I do like the cheeky stirrer persona though I must admit. Hate always seeing robots with no personality.
Wearing a jockey outfit to mad Monday after the races saga and the beer skull on the weekend shows his thoughts on historical media blow ups

So nothing.
If he played a half decent GF, then maybe not much would be said.

Ginni copped so much more media and opposition hate while at the Pies. From selfies after wins, to the whole head high sucking saga, to being caught getting on the gear in toilets.

On every occasion the coach stood by him and protected him.

But he decided to stay out at the races when the biggest game of the season was starting at 3pm and played a very poor GF.

You have no idea.
If he was that much of a drainer at the club he wouldn't have played in the GF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Ginnivan - Redemption arc

Back