Jack Ginnivan - Redemption arc

Has your opinion of Jack Ginnivan changed over the past 2 years?

• Yes

Votes: 66 30.1%
  • No

Votes: 153 69.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We were about to chair off Breust you idiot. Keep enabling pathetic behaviour like your other mates on here.
Sicily could have just smiled and waved at Hinkley and turned away to clap Breust off. I’d have thought that’s what he’d have done if his focus was on sending his player off. I’m sorry for Breust- he was a good player and unlike the whingers from last night - he wasn’t one of the hawthorn thugs.

Last edited:
To be fair to ginnivan he seemed to take Kens ribbing well and had a laugh. It's Sicily, mitchell, hodge and lewis who are the hypocritical man babies here.
Maybe don't shit your pants with the game on the line and you could chair your mate off as a winner.
Couldn’t agree more

I'm sorry when did any of that happen when your about to chair a club legend off the ground and your getting lip from a classless coach who should know better in the heat of the moment? There's a reason Sicily had a crack back at him. You won the game, be gracious and show class not petulant unprofessionalism. Not sure Mitchell ever went at the opposition as a player after a match and has every right to stick up for his player here.
1726262445650.png

Find it hard to believe Ginnivan would give a sh.t.
I think he loves that stuff and I expect the aeroplane to be a signature move for the future Port games.

The drivel from Mitchell was pathetic.

You're over thinking it

He's just a random guy that is largely quite uninteresting other than the fact he is an average to above average AFL footballer.

There's just not much more to it than that.

Of course he's that. But he's on television and is one of the biggest villains of the biggest sporting competition in Australia.

To suggest he's 'just immature' as others have posted is observationally lazy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had no issue with Ginnivan’s insta post or Ken mocking him for it. A bit of character from both and made for a bit of interesting footage. Can’t imagine as a footy fan being upset by either really. People lament monotone robots in footy but the moment anyone is anything but that we get media and fans wetting themselves and shrieking.

I had no issue with Ginnivan’s insta post or Ken mocking him for it. A bit of character from both and made for a bit of interesting footage. Can’t imagine as a footy fan being upset by either really. People lament monotone robots in footy but the moment anyone is anything but that we get media and fans wetting themselves and shrieking.
Well said, Big Farter

Sicily hasn't talked smack at all what on earth are you on about?. Apparently it's open season on anybody even in circumstances that have nothing to with a tweet. Sicily wasn't even upset about Ginnivan.
He's the captain. Staying silent on a teammate disrespecting your upcoming opponent is as good as condoning it. Mitchell in the same boat. They had a chance to quash it during the week.

Port obviously used it as motivation (as many pointed out they would), came out absolutely fired up and won a very close game off the back of it. Hawthorn should be livid with Ginnivan.

Instead they're now sooking it up and portraying him as an innocent little kid who didn't know any better.

Sicily could have just smiled and waved at Hinkley and turned away to clap Breust off. I’d have thought that’s what he’d have done if his focus was on sending his player off. I’m sorry for Breust- he was a good player and unlike the whingers from last night - he wasn’t one of the hawthorn thugs.

Thats not the point. Hinkley is supposed to be a role model who should know better. Frankly he should get a 12 week ban and if he ever does anything again a lifetime ban from the sport. But the afl is pissweak so it wont happen. When you see regular parent and crowd violence at local games you cant and shouldnt condone this crap. The last thing you want is our game ending up with the reputation for violence incitement that soccer does.

Thats not the point. Hinkley is supposed to be a role model who should know better. Frankly he should get a 12 week ban and if he ever does anything again a lifetime ban from the sport. But the afl is pissweak so it wont happen. When you see regular parent and crowd violence at local games you cant and shouldnt condone this crap. The last thing you want is our game ending up with the reputation for violence incitement that soccer does.
Hinkley wasn't violent or aggressive at all though, was he?

Find it hard to believe Ginnivan would give a sh.t.
I think he loves that stuff and I expect the aeroplane to be a signature move for the future Port games.

The drivel from Mitchell was pathetic.
Yep this! If there's one person that this wouldn't affect its Ginnivan. He would ve spent the night sinking pints (and whatever else) and not given all this another thought. Meanwhile the footy media and public will carry on like some sacrilegious event occurred after the game.

ginnivans a pest but hinkley needs to rise above it as senior coach.

the public in general would rip into ginnivan on his behalf. he doesn't have to step to his level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Ginnivan - Redemption arc

Back