Jack Ginnivan - Redemption arc

Has your opinion of Jack Ginnivan changed over the past 2 years?

• Yes

Votes: 66 30.1%
  • No

Votes: 153 69.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

ginnivans a pest but hinkley needs to rise above it as senior coach.

the public in general would rip into ginnivan on his behalf. he doesn't have to step to his level.
This
As a neutral I loved the last qtr - the ending with these guys ruined it a bit.
Hinks just needed to bring it up quietly at the press conference and he would have had the same effect of letting them know about it and looked like an elder statesman doing it.
Lewis didnt really come accross as a neutral observer, Buckley did (Always does - for a player I didnt like Buckley has become a very likeable commentator - makes sense of any situation concisely)

Jack tried a snap from too far out in the grand final and I think it cost him his place at Collingwood. He did the same last night. It's that part of his game that can irritate you.

I thought himkley was awesome. And by the way the hawks were that close cause of three dubious decisions. 50 metre pen was a joke, as were the ridiculous 2nd qtr comeback goals. Did I mention the out of bounds one.

I hope they can back it up

To be fair to ginnivan he seemed to take Kens ribbing well and had a laugh. It's Sicily, mitchell, hodge and lewis who are the hypocritical man babies here.
Maybe don't shit your pants with the game on the line and you could chair your mate off as a winner.
Looks like he didn't respond back at all from the footage. Shows he knew what was coming and copped it which is probably a bit of good ol' character development on his end.

I assume Mitchell, behind closed doors, must be furious with ginnivan. You do not give ammo to teams in pro sport
This is quite probably true. And I think you're right that you can't give ammo to another team.

But what a shame that is. The content a 5 word insta comment, a smug response from an old man, and a severe verbal reaction from a captain has produced has been pretty entertaining.

Jack tried a snap from too far out in the grand final and I think it cost him his place at Collingwood.
Seriously, this is just about the strangest thing you'll see from a player given the circumstances. Only thing that makes me wince rewatching the GF with how tight it was up to this point.

Sorry I can’t agree. Kenny wasn’t aggro- he was smiling, joking and making a funny barb-it’s just not such a big deal. 12 week ban is laughable. Ginnivan was probably fine with it all. If anyone looked angry, it was Sicily.

Must disagree (nothing personal against you)
As a parent of a child with autism and an intellectual disability who i cant risk taking to the football (despite how much he loves it) because of how other people behave i see exactly how important it is.
While how people behave at junior level is on them and this is a societal problem in terms of how we all behave. The fact is role models matter and the behaviour of so called role models like ken is a big part of what emboldens idiots in the suburbs to behave like tossers at junior footy. For that reason ken should be getting a very long suspension but he wont. The afl is all about PR not reality.

Poor Ginni is the victim of old man Ken verbal abuse? Please.

Never seen an AFL footballer so needing of a punch in the face.

Remember when you thought Carlton were going to get a dynasty and Hawthorn were finishing in the bottom this year? How was your judgement then. Have a beer 🍺 on Ginny

That cocky facade has predictably blown up in his face.

After the “first of many” rubbish he pulled in that early game at Collingwood, then going out GF eve and putting in a crap GF performance which could have cost them, you’d think he might start to pull his head in.

If he wants a redemption arc he should keep a low profile, train hard and play consistent footy. He comes across as a delusional bellend.

Yeah nah, they're making themselves look much worse which is hard given we're talking about Hodge, Lewis, Dunstall and Mitchell. 4 guns but some of the biggest pieces of shit in Football history.

Still crying all these years. Love your salty tears, enjoy our next dynasty incoming! Whaawhaa!

This is a nice narrative you guys have cooked up, but no. Hinkley was mouthing off at Ginnivan well before Breust got there. That would have been the end of it if Sicily hadn't started mouthing off back, literally while he was carrying Breust. The flog was so focused on bickering with an old man that he nearly dropped a club legend on his head.

You guys have no class, and no premierships. Ginni already has more, hope he rubs it in Port's faces from now on

As a parent of a child with autism and an intellectual disability who i cant risk taking to the football (despite how much he loves it) because of how other people behave i see exactly how important it is.
While how people behave at junior level is on them and this is a societal problem in terms of how we all behave. The fact is role models matter and the behaviour of so called role models like ken is a big part of what emboldens idiots in the suburbs to behave like tossers at junior footy. For that reason ken should be getting a very long suspension but he wont. The afl is all about PR not reality.
You can't carpet the world when your feet are cold. You need to wear slippers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely you’re joking, so Ginnivin is a role model yes?
Ken is a role model, he made a mistake and immediately apologised for it. Can’t do much better than that.

Played shit. That will be highlighted, you can’t court the attention all the time then escape it when it doesn’t suit you.

Copped a harmless whack from Hinkley which he seems to have just worn. Fair play to JG, cop it and move on.

His coach and the ex Hawthorn players crying on his behalf is just funny. That generation of Hawthorn is in their coach’s image, can dish it out and but can’t take it. They’re all the same.

View attachment 2110417

You coming on here Bunk, crying about Hawthorn for 20 years. The irony.

Would have been verging on the Carlton Brisbane game at half time if not for the Umps. Port got absolutely reamed all night.
It's also the fact that late in the second hawthorn had a sniff and lifted. Without the gifts they were given that sniff wouldn't have existed. To be reprimanded and punished for the very thing that was hammering hawthorn (the tough tackles) was pretty soul destroying yet port kept at it. There was a game this year Collingwood freo where an umpiring decision cost us the game it sparked a comeback, cost us the 8. Anyway

ginnivans a pest but hinkley needs to rise above it as senior coach.

the public in general would rip into ginnivan on his behalf. he doesn't have to step to his level.
"Needs to" in what sense?

Do you mean it's just a bad look for the game?

Or do you mean that there is some material consequence to doing what he did?

Yep- it’s not personal- I always enjoy your posting on our board and I certainly can see where you are coming from but I think this has been blown out of proportion. Hinkley wasn’t aggro, nor was he angry. He wasn’t bullying, he wasn’t gesticulating or walking towards anyone. Just made a crack about hoping Ginnivan can get a refund on his flight or something- it’s funny.
He probably regrets doing and should have been a more gracious winner, it but it could have easily been laughed off. Sicily’s response wasn’t warranted from what I saw. He was the one who got aggro- he was the angry one who started walking towards Hinkley. Sicily was mad about losing the game and he let his emotions get the better of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Ginnivan - Redemption arc

Back