Jack Ginnivan - Redemption arc

Has your opinion of Jack Ginnivan changed over the past 2 years?

• Yes

Votes: 66 30.1%
  • No

Votes: 153 69.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep- it’s not personal- I always enjoy your posting on our board and I certainly can see where you are coming from but I think this has been blown out of proportion. Hinkley wasn’t aggro, nor was he angry. He wasn’t bullying, he wasn’t gesticulating or walking towards anyone. Just made a crack about hoping Ginnivan can get a refund on his flight or something- it’s funny.
He probably regrets doing and should have been a more gracious winner, it but it could have easily been laughed off. Sicily’s response wasn’t warranted from what I saw. He was the one who got aggro- he was the angry one who started walking towards Hinkley. Sicily was mad about losing the game and he let his emotions get the better of him.
And missing the shot to win the game
Watching the video Ken is laughing along without venom
It only turns when Sicily gets riled up

Haha..... The comparison between Hawthorn and the England Cricket team and the cult they have tried to build around themselves has been raised numerous times on here recently..... This is more evidence.

If people say anything bad about Hawthorn, it is because they are "head ****ed"? Maybe it's just because Hawthorn, as a club and as a collective bunch of players, are arrogant and hypocritical to a level not really seen at the AFL previously.
100%. This is classic Bazball mentality. They literally think they are gods gift to the afl. They are so far up themselves they can't see how cringe they are.

Good for them. Go for hell but be prepared to cop it back. And they deserve a whack.

"Needs to" in what sense?

Do you mean it's just a bad look for the game?

Or do you mean that there is some material consequence to doing what he did?

the senior coach doesn't need to get baited by a 21year old.

It is not a good look for a senior coach to be mocking opposition, directly after a win.

the senior coach doesn't need to get baited by a 21year old.

It is not a good look for a senior coach to be mocking opposition, directly after a win.
two way street. Mitchell should have shut down the Ginnivan sledge but he's been right on this boys will be boys bullshit. He's largely responsible - thats why he was crying.

Looks like Hawks fans are also made in the mould of their coach and not just the players.

Whiny little bitches.

In fact, Ginnivan at least copped his whack.

The carry on by Sicily, Mitchell and those in the media has been truly pathetic.

All good to be 'unsociable' until you lose and get called out on it. Then have a public meltdown and beg for sympathy instead.

Truly pathetic.

Teams now know how easy it is to get under their skin.

Easy for Ken to sit there and laugh - He won.
Just like it's easy for Ginnivan and co to carry on and mock opposition teams when they win.

Do you see the logic here? The Hawks have rightly been lauded for their exciting and brash brand of footy and attitude. But they'll get lined up on the other side and rightly so.

Surprise surprise Sam Mitchell almost brought to tears when opposition don’t show the humility that he has failed to teach his players this season on multiple occasions

Maybe you aren’t a genius Sam
the Sam Mitchell press conference was almost a carbon copy of one of this blokes
BradScottCry.gif

Looks like Hawks fans are also made in the mould of their coach and not just the players.

Whiny little bitches.

In fact, Ginnivan at least copped his whack.

The carry on by Sicily, Mitchell and those in the media has been truly pathetic.

All good to be 'unsociable' until you lose and get called out on it. Then have a public meltdown and beg for sympathy instead.

Truly pathetic.

Teams now know how easy it is to get under their skin.
Agree. I would love my team to come out and attack them hard next year at the contest like Port did....but my team probably couldn't keep up with them as Josh Weddle pointed out after our game. Did we have a melt over that? No, he was right.

Ken was also right to point out Ginni won't be heading to Sydney next week. Where's the lie?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. I would love my team to come out and attack them hard next year at the contest like Port did....but my team probably couldn't keep up with them as Josh Weddle pointed out after our game. Did we have a melt over that? No, he was right.

Ken was also right to point out Ginni won't be heading to Sydney next week. Where's the lie?
Yep, happy to talk shit and taunt other clubs but lose their minds when the serve is returned.

Shows how immature they are as a club.

Settle down. It was purely Hodge and Lewis. When Lewis said Ken was embarrassing and it "ruined a good night" Buckley look at him like he was a moron.
All these ex-Hawthorn premiership flogs are the same. They think they have some kind of divine right, that finals should turn out exactly how they want it to be. It is self-entitlement gone mad. Glad to see all them sooking it up and getting it thrown back in their face for a change. You can put Hodge in the middle of that boat as well, the ultimate flog. Watching Lewis take the moral high-ground with his screwed up face post game was a joy to watch.

You coming on here Bunk, crying about Hawthorn for 20 years. The irony.

It’s not ironic. I’m not going to start crying if somebody had a harmless dig at Essendon Hinkley-style.

Mitchell, Hodge, Lewis… grow up and cop it. They all take after their old coach.

i considered looking back at what some of these Hawthorn fans who are so outraged at the shit the poor young kid Ginninvan is copping were posting over the past couple of years but its pretty much shooting fish in a barrel.

When is the last time a coach gave an opposition player a spray post game?

I can remember John Worsfold as a player giving it to Mick McGuane in the 90s for dropping a chest mark that might have won the game. Wasn't a coach then though. Clarkson had to be held back from taking on Matty Lloyd after he KO'd Brad Sewell on field.

Maybe Sheedy too, but that was during the game. Those are the only time I can recall seeing anything of note.

Even the most unsociable Hawks let the game be over after the siren. They let the footy do their talking. If you don't, how are you any different to the bloke you're going after for making the comments?

Coaches are supposed to be a level above this stuff. What next, Hinkley takes to the gram to get in his Ginnivan's face?

The guy is probably not going to have a job before his plane lands next weekend. Not exactly a legacy he'd want to be leaving I would have thought.

All the plonkers who haven't noticed the game is over when it's over in professional sport are kind of outing themselves here.

two way street. Mitchell should have shut down the Ginnivan sledge but he's been right on this boys will be boys bullshit. He's largely responsible - thats why he was crying.

i agree

If Hawthorn want to operate like that let em, the public will hold them to account. Hinkley doesnt need too is all.

If you are going to talk the talk off field, you had better walk the walk come game time.

In a cutthroat final decided by just 3 points, who knows how much effect Ginni's arrogant social media comments had on the game.

The fact it was used extensively by Port Adelaide during the week to resuscitate a team that was dead and buried by Geelong the week before and unbackable to even put up a fight last night, you really have to question whether the outcome would have been different if Ginni had kept his hubris to himself until AFTER last night's game.

This is a nice narrative you guys have cooked up, but no. Hinkley was mouthing off at Ginnivan well before Breust got there. That would have been the end of it if Sicily hadn't started mouthing off back, literally while he was carrying Breust. The flog was so focused on bickering with an old man that he nearly dropped a club legend on his head.

100% correct. Ken was actually having a laugh while giving it back to Ginni,nothing sinister or angry in that. Yes, the media and AFL will not condone Ken calling out Ginni we all get that, but any punter would have loved seeing Ken just give it back a bit after being disrespected like that. But, back to the point, the Kenny/Ginni chat was done and dusted long before the Bruest chair off and it was Sicily who decided to continue on with Ken while the rest of his team mates were waiting for him. Now, Sicily was more interested in Ken in that moment, he could have just had a laugh as well and let Ken's square-up slide but didn't. I think Sicily was still angry with himself hitting the post and losing the game which set him off in that moment, he was also looking to charge at Ken with red-misty eyes when Impey held him back. If anything Hawthorn disrespected Port with Ginni's comment and then disrespected Bruest with Sicily going on with it. They only have themselves to blame. Don't blame Ken for trying to square-up, ridiculous.

When is the last time a coach gave an opposition player a spray post game?

I can remember John Worsfold as a player giving it to Mick McGuane in the 90s for dropping a chest mark that might have won the game. Wasn't a coach then though. Clarkson had to be held back from taking on Matty Lloyd after he KO'd Brad Sewell on field.

Maybe Sheedy too, but that was during the game. Those are the only time I can recall seeing anything of note.

Even the most unsociable Hawks let the game be over after the siren. They let the footy do their talking. If you don't, how are you any different to the bloke you're going after for making the comments?

Coaches are supposed to be a level above this stuff. What next, Hinkley takes to the gram to get in his Ginnivan's face?

The guy is probably not going to have a job before his plane lands next weekend. Not exactly a legacy he'd want to be leaving I would have thought.

All the plonkers who haven't noticed the game is over when it's over in professional sport are kind of outing themselves here.
Cry me a river just let it flow

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Ginnivan - Redemption arc

Back