Jack Ginnivan - Redemption arc

Has your opinion of Jack Ginnivan changed over the past 2 years?

• Yes

Votes: 66 30.1%
  • No

Votes: 153 69.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So we should get AFL coaches to start with snarky comments post match, and make the AFL just like social media?

What a novel idea.

Wonder why no-one has thought of taking that idea to the bank.
Not sure what it is to investigate?

AFL is a comedy act like Fawlty towers

The fact that he made one at all suggests that he knows he did something wrong.
Not necessarily.

His 'apology' sounded to me like he felt he should address it because he knew there would be controversy about it.

Controversy doesn't equal 'something wrong' though.

He certainly didn't seem remorseful over it.

I do think he would have preferred it didn't happen in terms of being caught on camera immediately after the game - but I absolutely think he felt almost proud of the fact that he gave Ginnivan and Hawthorn a 'f**k you' for publicly disrespecting them.

Not necessarily.

His 'apology' sounded to me like he felt he should address it because he knew there would be controversy about it.

I do think he would have preferred it didn't happen in terms of being caught on camera immediately after the game - but I absolutely think he felt almost proud of the fact that he gave Ginnivan and Hawthorn a 'f**k you' for publicly disrespecting them.

He wasn't remorseful at all. Still went on radio and said he shouldn't have said it. He's completely confused.

He wasn't remorseful at all. Still went on radio and said he shouldn't have said it. He's completely confused.
I don't think he's confused.

I think he's saying what he thinks needs to be said to appease the footy public to a degree. But in reality, he's not remorseful and it proud to whack someone back that he perceives to have given his club a whack.

I don't think he feels he made a mistake.

Not necessarily.

You don't apologize for controversy if you think you're right.

And really nothing he said added anything to the talking his team did by winning the game.

I think he's saying what he thinks needs to be said to appease the footy public to a degree. But in reality, he's not remorseful and it proud to whack someone back that he perceives to have given his club a whack.

Why does he need to appease the public? What's he worried about, fines from the AFL?

So he's a defiant leader. And then an appeaser?

The two don't tend to go together.

Nothing he said amounted to a fraction of the whack his team gave Hawthorn by winning.

But it did betray him possessing a fairly poor level of self awareness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't apologize for controversy if you think you're right.

And really nothing he said added anything to the talking his team did by winning the game.
You do apologise to shut people up and move on. Not his fault people are experiencing hysteria for what was basic and plain banter. Why do hawks like showing off and rubbing it in then turn into the most feckless sooks I've ever seen in football 😂😂😂 Sam Mitchell explained it like a sobbing bully telling a teacher how someone said something mean to him at lunchtime time in primary school. Has the world gone mad or what 😂

I suppose if you drink your own bathwater as much as Hawks players, ex-players and supporters have, you think you have free reign to troll other teams. And then you're shocked (and sooky) when you get trolled back.

I previously considered this more of a Carlton thing on this board, but they've been irrelevant for weeks and the Hawks have stepped in to fill that void.

Yeah i get that-youre a good person with a lot of things.
Look i get that ken was heat of the moment and he probably didnt think but hes very very lucky it didnt escalate further.
I was at a junior footy game a few years ago (lucky the kids were home with my mum) where a coach did almost exactly what ken did (virtual copy) and one of the players on the other team reacted like sicily. Then one of the coaches players reacted and punched someone and it ended up in an all in brawl where parents were running crying kids to their cars to keep them safe and people were getting hit while waiting for the police to get there. So i know exactly how it can go.
I talk to a lot of parents where i live who love footy themselves but wont let their kids go to country games and this is the exact reason why.
And its a much bigger problem for the league than it realises (the affect on junior participation and promoting the game etc). And the league should be coming down on it way harder than it does.

Weve got people getting 2 week suspensions for accidental head contact but we dont have the stomach to give 20 week suspensions for actions that we dont want to see repeated in juniors and might start a riot.
The afl has its priorities all wrong.
If a grown man having a go at a grown man for disrespecting him inspires another grown man to have a crack at a child, I think the grown man having a crack at a child is the problem.

I say this every time there's a drug scandal or whatever other scandal, but it's players and coaches jobs to win Premierships, not be role models. The sooner we accept that being good at something doesn't mean you also have to act a certain way so that children for whom you bear no responsibility for don't follow your lead and act up, the better off we'll all be.

This little prick gets what he deserves. Want to mouth and treat the opposition with lack of respect, expect heat, expect to cop it back. Good on Ken for calling him out for what he is. As for Sicily and Mitchell, both arrogant dirty dogs who give but cannot take.

So appropriate that the Dawks will train on a tip, garbage club. I got a lot of Pies fans for mates and they love the fact they can join in and hate him like the rest. Go drink your beers you little creep, try find a mate to drink with; flog.

Ginnivan mouthed off disrespecting opponent. Hinkley returned fire also disrespecting opponent. Both pretty innocuous steps really. Move on.. Perhaps inappropriate but no major deal..Sicily walks over mouthing off fkanked by his own teammate there it seems to prevent him losing his cool and starting an all in brawl. Mitchell lauds his team and his captain for standing up, seemingly content his captain's actions were on the fringe of starting that brawl. Ex hawk commentators say it's horrible form and poor sportsmanship by Hinkley ALONE trying to make it way worse than was/is with a biased opinion. AFL wants to conduct a investigation of Port Adelaide Hinkley rather than look at why umpires gifted Hawks (the Victorian team) a platform to steal the win that wasn't deserved as happens far too much..Winners can be grinners ......quietly, and losers (of all variety Hawks, AFL , commentators ) just need to suck it up. Therein lies the problem ......they can't., and source of the reason the AFL has a 50 year lease to have the Grand final at the MCG set up that way to intentionally bias an outcome to favour one state in a national competition. Seriously?.....they are so myopic to see equity in that. lol.

Personally I would have been happy with the brawl and hoped a few copped a good whack and a number of Port players out of action for next week 😁

Still ....entertaining

This little prick gets what he deserves. Want to mouth and treat the opposition with lack of respect, expect heat, expect to cop it back. Good on Ken for calling him out for what he is. As for Sicily and Mitchell, both arrogant dirty dogs who give but cannot take.

So appropriate that the Dawks will train on a tip, garbage club. I got a lot of Pies fans for mates and they love the fact they can join in and hate him like the rest. Go drink your beers you little creep, try find a mate to drink with; flog.
What a beautiful story of how us despised Collingwood flogs can be made to feel welcome with the rest of you. :hearteyes:

I suppose if you drink your own bathwater as much as Hawks players, ex-players and supporters have, you think you have free reign to troll other teams. And then you're shocked (and sooky) when you get trolled back.

I previously considered this more of a Carlton thing on this board, but they've been irrelevant for weeks and the Hawks have stepped in to fill that void.
The weird part is Ginnivan’s actual output versus his cockiness.

You’d think he was Akermanis based on his trash talk but he averaged just over a goal a game this year and never kicked more than two. He’s just an ok forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Ginnivan - Redemption arc

Back