Player Watch Jack Ginnivan (Traded to Hawks 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hes a great kid, haven't seen him say or do a mean thing.

Immature? Sure. Doesn't moan or whinge, keeps smiling and does his best.

Premiership Pie, and we moved him on (as the Hawks may end up doing) because he doesnt understand unwritten rules, and blokes over 45 don't understand how these young ones think these days.

He'll always have a place in my heart.

Premiership Pie, and we moved him on (as the Hawks may end up doing) because he doesnt understand unwritten rules, and blokes over 45 don't understand how these young ones think these days.

It's not about understanding unwritten rules, it's about empathy. Empathy is the ability to understand and share the feelings of another. It develops after the first years of life. The current generations dont have much of it. I think it's probably because they are the centre of their parents's lives. Often families are small etc. Economics means that they usually get what they desire etc etc etc. Jack is just a turbo version.

All premiership Pies have a place in my heart and yes I agree he doesn’t have a mean bone in his body. He’s not a bad person and nothing he’s done wrong so far is very high up on any measure. But he’s still young, has time to grow into one!

It's not about understanding unwritten rules, it's about empathy. Empathy is the ability to understand and share the feelings of another. It develops after the first years of life. The current generations dont have much of it. I think it's probably because they are the centre of their parents's lives. Often families are small etc. Economics means that they usually get what they desire etc etc etc. Jack is just a turbo version.
Mate you're even grumpier that me. I'm over 50 and nothing about the boys these days computes. The casual drug use, the idiot online behaviour, it's mystifying and irritating.

Ginnivan is no worse than the average, and I guess (in my ignorance it must be said) he's actually better than most.

I have a stepson a couple years older than Jack and he gets up to stuff we would never have dreamed of, but I know for a fact he's a decent young man.

No wonder McRae and Hinkley found Ginni grating. Extrovert from a different generation.

All premiership Pies have a place in my heart and yes I agree he doesn’t have a mean bone in his body. He’s not a bad person and nothing he’s done wrong so far is very high up on any measure. But he’s still young, has time to grow into one!
Well Hawthorn's the place if you want to become even more irritating. At least he's not at St Kilda he'd end up in gaol.

Yeah people like women and minorities were treated so much better back in your day Mark... you must've had so much empathy to allow women to work...

Mate you're even grumpier that me. I'm over 50 and nothing about the boys these days computes. The casual drug use, the idiot online behaviour, it's mystifying and irritating.

Ginnivan is no worse than the average, and I guess (in my ignorance it must be said) he's actually better than most.

I have a stepson a couple years older than Jack and he gets up to stuff we would never have dreamed of, but I know for a fact he's a decent young man.

No wonder McRae and Hinkley found Ginni grating. Extrovert from a different generation.

Well Hawthorn's the place if you want to become even more irritating. At least he's not at St Kilda he'd end up in gaol.

It's not even idiotic online behaviour. Social media has just blurred the line between public and private comment.

He's talking to Grundy with a pretty standard private spruik of we'll beat Port, but his account settings mean that it goes to everyone. And he has those settings because he'll be earning from his social media accounts. And frankly - let them be honest publicly. Why try to enforce this special facade for public comment. He won't be the last. I think the facades will fall away and Ginni style stuff will become standard. And conservative oldies will just have to get used to it.

Imagine how the footy world would react to one of the most respected athletes of all time. Mohammad Ali. Exactly how the conservatives of the time did. We'd hate him. And no I'm not comparing Ginni to Ali as an athlete - just talking about a bit of spruiking.

Last edited:
Yeah people like women and minorities were treated so much better back in your day Mark... you must've had so much empathy to allow women to work...

Things were fine when i was born just after federation.....they started going downhill since...

p.s. I'm honoured that you responded.

well that's probably a fair comment. He's probably no different from most. On reflection, I wouldnt think he's turbo non-empathetic.

And there are people born in this century that are far more empathetic than me. Making broad sweeping assessments isnt scientific but it's fun. That being said, he does strike me as being totally self-consumed....which is something that works well in today's society.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jack Ginnivan (Traded to Hawks 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back