Traded Jack Ginnivan [Traded with #39, F2 & F4 to Hawthorn for #33, F2 & F3]

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks fans were told they were getting a good player for very little. This thread is littered with foolish individuals who let one or two rage baiting journos dictate their thinking.

Pies dropped the ball at the trade table again. A contracted 20 year old forward who had a 40 goal season under his belt being traded for scraps is one of the great deals in the last few years.

Hawks fans were told they were getting a good player for very little. This thread is littered with foolish individuals who let one or two rage baiting journos dictate their thinking.

Pies dropped the ball at the trade table again. A contracted 20 year old forward who had a 40 goal season under his belt being traded for scraps is one of the great deals in the last few years.
Yep, Schultz for Pick 7 (at this stage), is made worse by Ginnivan leaving for peanuts.

Thank U GIF

Hawks fans will lap it up and rightly so, but 12 months ago they hated his guts like everyone else whilst the Pies fans stood by him. A bit more maturity as he ages would be nice.

I've always liked Ginni. Dunno why but I always have a soft spot for the shit stirrers like Ballantyne and Papley.

Of course I would curse them under my breath when they would score against us but they are good for the game. Fun to watch.

So glad he's on our side.

Hawks fans will lap it up and rightly so, but 12 months ago they hated his guts like everyone else whilst the Pies fans stood by him. A bit more maturity as he ages would be nice.
Maturity is such a stupid word when we dont know the person. This trade is very simple though

Collingwood asked Jack to tone down his personality so he isnt being seen in the media so much. Jack said to piss off and he isnt changing, so Collingwood traded him.

Collingwood just got bullied by Kane Cornes to give up a very promising footballer for absolutely nothing as opposed to just ignoring the press and moving on with their lives.

Maturity is such a stupid word when we dont know the person. This trade is very simple though

Collingwood asked Jack to tone down his personality so he isnt being seen in the media so much. Jack said to piss off and he isnt changing, so Collingwood traded him.

Collingwood just got bullied by Kane Cornes to give up a very promising footballer for absolutely nothing as opposed to just ignoring the press and moving on with their lives.
It went a little bit further than him being the centre of attention. The higher ups at Collingwood had every right to be livid with him. Some perspective and a show of sportsmanship to his former coach and supporters isn’t asking much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It went a little bit further than him being the centre of attention. The higher ups at Collingwood had every right to be livid with him. Some perspective and a show of sportsmanship to his former coach and supporters isn’t asking much.
It all sounds like emotional baggage and not making a decision based on footballing output. 5 years ago you had the exact same situation with DeGoey. Back then you ignored it and thank god you did cos well you wouldnt have won nothing without him

I think its probably the difference between a McGuire and Browne. McGuire would have done whats best for the footballing stats each week. Browne did whats best for his media department.

Watched the hawks last night. Still know essentially nothing about kulcha issues (other than he was one apparently) but pretty hard to win a gf these days of there is major problem. Competition is just too even.

Based on last night you lot were robbed.

I know I hate Ginni's celebrations when we play against him, he's a right little gobshite then, but they are fun in a neutral game.

Wouldn't mind the same maturity from Pies fans in return.

I was sitting near a Collingwood supporter at Gather Round who said 'F... You Ginni' and balled up a fist in anger when he received a free kick in the first quarter.
Why so much resentment towards a bloke that I'm sure that person was supporting 8 months prior?

I constantly asked this person during the game 'were you saying that last year?' and agitating him, but it's a fair question.

Ginnivan never came out and slagged off his old side. He didn't request a trade while in contract because he desperately wanted to get out.
The acquisition of Shultz meant the writing was on the wall and both parties viewed it as an opportunity to move on from one another.

If I'd been balling up a fist and saying 'F... you Titch' every time Tom Mitchell went near the footy I'd have no leg to stand on. But that just hasn't been the case.

I'd go out on a limb and say that if Collingwood fans had been universally supportive of Ginni after he left the club that the 'goodnight' celebrations and riling up of the Pies cheer squad wouldn't have occurred or would have been toned down a lot more.

Might have something to with Tom Mitchell having much better character.

My point being that Collingwood fans supported Ginni until they didn't. All it took was the colour change. His personality didn't change at all.

Is that not also immaturity?

It's not like he went to Carlton. When a player moves to a major rival there is at least some basis to the frustration.

23, 33, 41 for 38, 39, 74 if this year's finishing spots repeat. Bit more than nothing.
Based on current ladder position, its:
26, 33, 44 for 24, 39, 60.

Hopefully we can push further up the ladder towards the end of the season, so first two picks could cancel out. In the end, Ginni + 60 for pick 44... could be one of the all time great trades.

One aspect of this trade is it is a big reflection on Jeff Browne vs the way Eddie McGuire handles this stuff.

McGuire would have calmed the situation down and had all people put football first. He would have understood that as long as what Ginnivan did didn't impact his football capabilities then it didn't matter to the club

Under McGuire Ginnivan stays. Browne however was simply too soft. He put the medias outlook and opinions ahead of the success of his club. He was more interested in his PR Dept then his team's success.

The failures of 2024 really signify this culture. The players can't put winning first when the club doesn't

One aspect of this trade is it is a big reflection on Jeff Browne vs the way Eddie McGuire handles this stuff.

McGuire would have calmed the situation down and had all people put football first. He would have understood that as long as what Ginnivan did didn't impact his football capabilities then it didn't matter to the club

Under McGuire Ginnivan stays. Browne however was simply too soft. He put the medias outlook and opinions ahead of the success of his club. He was more interested in his PR Dept then his team's success.

The failures of 2024 really signify this culture. The players can't put winning first when the club doesn't
Under Eddie we got rid of every player that clashed with Bucks. Nothing different here has happened under Browne.

The only mistake we’ve made is overpaying for a small forward we didn’t need and not holding out for a better deal for Ginnivan.

My point being that Collingwood fans supported Ginni until they didn't. All it took was the colour change. His personality didn't change at all.

Is that not also immaturity?

It's not like he went to Carlton. When a player moves to a major rival there is at least some basis to the frustration.
I don’t think that’s true. Ginnivan had a cult following amongst the supporter base that are still loyal to him today.

The rest tolerated his antics whilst he was performing but never fully supported him and are now happy to see the back of him.

Don’t think his change of colours have changed many opinions.

And unless you’re over 40 most Collingwood supporters wouldn’t have much reason to dislike Carlton over Hawthorn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jack Ginnivan [Traded with #39, F2 & F4 to Hawthorn for #33, F2 & F3]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back