Recommitted Jack Gunston [contracted and staying at Hawthorn]

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a pity his career is pretty much finished now, was a great player in his prime, the last good season he had was 2018
Forgetting he had an AA last year?

Makes sense from a Melbourne perspective. Would be interested to know what Hawthorn would ask for in return.

I'm curious how does it make sense from a Melbourne perspective? Which one of Brown, Tmac, Fritsch, or Jackson are you kicking out of the forward line? There's no way you can play Gunston with all of them.

About to turn 30 and had 2 lots of back surgery in the last year I don't see how it makes sense for Melbourne.

I hope it's not true but Gunston isnt just a forward so you shouldn't shoehorn him into one. Gunston is your quintessential utility who can play HF/W/HB in the mould of a Fritsch actually so it would give the Dee's alot of flexibility.

I could see the Dee's playing Gunston on the Wing in the role they hoped Tomlinson could play.

but what could the Dee's offer that would interest the hawks? I can't see it getting done even if they are interested.

I'm curious how does it make sense from a Melbourne perspective? Which one of Brown, Tmac, Fritsch, or Jackson are you kicking out of the forward line? There's no way you can play Gunston with all of them.

About to turn 30 and had 2 lots of back surgery in the last year I don't see how it makes sense for Melbourne.
He'd kick out all of them barring maybe Fritsch and Jackson (purely because he can play ruck).

Was top 3 coleman and B&F last time he played barring the 1 game this year.

It's all about if you'd be able to afford him, want to pay up or if Hawks want to get rid of him + Gunston wantign to leave. All unlikely.

30, injury prone, rumours of being disgruntled with club/coach.

Itā€™s a carbon copy of Ben Brown last year for mine, Hawks will get similar to what we got (2nd round pick).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Itā€™s a carbon copy of Ben Brown last year for mine, Hawks will get similar to what we got (2nd round pick).
It is not, Gunston is contracted.

Itā€™ll come down to how much truth there is to the Gunston/Mitchell fall out rumours.

Dees are arguably best negotiators in the comp. They wonā€™t overpay.
They just don't have anything that benefits hawthorn. They are better of targeting Maynard as Collingwood need draft points, where we need draft picks and currently there highest pick would be our 4th. Unless we have organised a way to bundle these picks into a higher one it just doesn't suit us. They don't need to pay overs they just need to find a way to offer a piece that's of value to hawthorn, that piece weather over or under Gunstons market value then can be determined and worked through.

But this is all conjecture until something official comes out.

Injury prone isn't it, had a year out with back troubles but injury prone is usually more than one injury, like a Wingard with his hammies, calves etc.

Hawks should want to get a 1st round late teen pick if not dont do it. He's happy here, wants to stay and was disgruntled with the way Clarko was treated, like many. He likes Sam etc so yeah not the same.

If he wants to leave then you would be correct. If he doesn't it would have to be a much better deal for Hawks to even consider a deal.
Yep exactly this, and the Hawks will do the right thing by him if he does want to leave. Probably still get a pick in the 30ā€™s for him though even if he does chose to leave to be fair.

Still not sure as to why the Dees are after him unless they have plans of play him or Tom McDonald on a wing next year, but 2 good years out of him and itā€™s a win. Probably worth it while weā€™re in the premiership window.

Can see why Melbourne would be interested in him but donā€™t think theyā€™ll be desperate for him. Will be 30 in a couple of months, coming off a season ruined by a back injury. Canā€™t see Melbourne offering more than a 2nd round pick.

Harrison Petty gettable?

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Jack Gunston [contracted and staying at Hawthorn]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back