Rumour Jack Lucrowsius

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel in Ports team and there midfield he will be a very good addition, they don’t need him to be a saviour, he’s icing.

Whereas as after years of neglect our priority is midfield.

But it’s out of our hands, no recruit is choosing us over Port given where we are at. Yes Dawson and Rankine did, but they thought we were on the way up, clearly we are just shit and the shitshow of this week would have turned off recruits and managers, there is no doubt.

Plus we have Nicks and the beauty is after he went up there he couldn’t get the deal done.

But just as anyone when a Port complex, when he chooses Port he will be a shit player, had he chosen us he’d be good.

Let’s just hope they have to overpay and don’t get a bargain.

Money always talks though.

I don’t think we should be giving Jack a Godfather offer but we might.

I feel in Ports team and there midfield he will be a very good addition, they don’t need him to be a saviour, he’s icing.

Whereas as after years of neglect our priority is midfield.

But it’s out of our hands, no recruit is choosing us over Port given where we are at. Yes Dawson and Rankine did, but they thought we were on the way up, clearly we are just shit and the shitshow of this week would have turned off recruits and managers, there is no doubt.

Plus we have Nicks and the beauty is after he went up there he couldn’t get the deal done.

But just as anyone when a Port complex, when he chooses Port he will be a shit player, had he chosen us he’d be good.

Let’s just hope they have to overpay and don’t get a bargain.
Did they? We only looked like things were legitimately on the up in 2023 when both were already here.

We saw it differently then .....another PS & in the weights room, you'll see an even better T.Murray

It's about seeing the traits ....i'm not worried about mistakes in his 1st year

Agreed. Toby is a work in progress but he has great potential with a solid pre season

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The attitude in this thread is similar to what you all were saying about Brodie Grundy... Not a need, too expensive, not a great player yet both of these players smashed us when we played them.

I don’t really disagree.

Just that smashing us perhaps doesnt equal good player.
Well many would argue that Jenkins wasnt a good player because of the goose goals ... But what we all would give to have one of our forwards kick 62 goals this year...

It was the same arguments with josh, too many goose goals, too expensive etc etc.

If we land Draper or lalor and add luko, it would be a good off season. Hopefully we can retire some oldies too.

Well many would argue that Jenkins wasnt a good player because of the goose goals ... But what we all would give to have one of our forwards kick 62 goals this year...

It was the same arguments with josh, too many goose goals, too expensive etc etc.

If we land Draper or lalor and add luko, it would be a good off season. Hopefully we can retire some oldies too.
I'm coming to the conclusion that to get to the top it might take another 4 or 5 years even if we make great moves now.
By that time Dawson will be on his last legs.

So it might take our pick 4 this year, Lukosius, next years first pick, and the year after that to really have the talent level necessary to get there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm coming to the conclusion that to get to the top it might take another 4 or 5 years even if we make great moves now.
By that time Dawson will be on his last legs.

So it might take our pick 4 this year, Lukosius, next years first pick, and the year after that to really have the talent level necessary to get there.
We need some big midfielder signing eg ldu
Or find something in the free agency market. Ie small fwd so Rankine can be full time mid. Or maybe actually develope one of our kids.

We need some big midfielder signing eg ldu
Or find something in the free agency market. Ie small fwd so Rankine can be full time mid. Or maybe actually develope one of our kids.
I reckon it would be tough to get a big name to our club without giving up overs right now.

Development is our pathway- Taylor, Soligo, Edwards, Dowling, Curtin should form the young mid group with Crouch as the leader + Keays, Dawson, Rankine and Rachele all moving through on occasion.

I just can't see Luko coming here for peanuts and other clubs will offer so much more. Port might be happy to give up pick 15-18 to get that premiership.

The attitude in this thread is similar to what you all were saying about Brodie Grundy... Not a need, too expensive, not a great player yet both of these players smashed us when we played them.
You mean dual AA, dual B&F winning ruckman Brodie Grundy?

It's not really apples and apples there is it.

At the end of the day, my comfort all comes down to cost. ROI. If we carry the contract, I would only be comfortable with minimal draft capital leaving. If they carry some contract, then given his age and where he was drafted the Grundy deal looks a decent parallel (F2).

But let's not pretend he's done anything close to producing at the level Grundy had.

I'd give my left rat's tossbag for that to happen.
Just feel that will be the time frame we need to get our good young players match hardened and our has-beens will be gone (including some of the coaches and board members). Hopefully something like what Richmond did from 2017. I can see it coinciding with our new home base and the buzz that will bring. 1997, 2007, 2017……..2027? It has got to happen! The time has come, build over the next two years and then smash it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Jack Lucrowsius

Remove this Banner Ad

Back