Rumour Jack Lucrowsius

Remove this Banner Ad

That's how I see Luko fitting in as well

From what I have seen of Luko he's not a traditional tall forward that clunks contested marks. he seems to be more of a mobile high half forward.

I think he could fit in really well with our forward line.
You ideally want players like him and Curtin kicking to your forwards as it will generally be top end and that means more chances to score will be generated

I have occasionally wondered where Lukosius see's himself playing and his preferred role, as well as what his best role is.

It's weird, Hardwick discussed that he see's him playing more of a HB role, and then mentioned that there a couple of areas of his game he needs to work on for that position.

Yet when he was dropped, after missing the first game he played as KPF in the final game, after playing him largely at HB for the previous 14-15 games?

Hard to see Nicks playing him as a forward if all of Fogarty, Tex and TT are available.

Personally, without Tex playing I can legit see him playing as either a 3rd tall or playing further up the ground and moving forward when TT goes into the ruck to chop out for ROB (or a variety of these 2 depending on the oppo).
He only had a few games down back this year and after Hardwick said it wasn't working, he's played primarily forward but without the success of 2023. Works up the ground a bit but he's massively underperforming for his talent.

He's a natural forward that can use his tank to push up the ground, much like a Westhoff used to do but a far better kick. End of the day as good as he is on the lead (can't forget his debut game against Sturt in the prelim in 2017 when he was leading out like a demon), we wan't him delivering it to blokes like Tex, Filthy and Fog. Worst case if things aren't going well, we can flick him back thanks to his flexibility. We just don't want him stuck deep forward which unfortunately has happened a lot to him this year at the suns.

I still think we'd lack tackling pressure/ mobility if we were fielding a side with Walker, Fog, Luko, Thilthy, Rob, Curtin,
We shouldn't be playing Walker... It won't work if he's only playing home games... How can you maintain form, not just for him but the guy that replaces him away. Just wouldn't work.

I won't be jumping for joy if we get him - I won't bat an eyelid if we don't.

I will be fine if we get him cheap - pissed off if we pay too much.

We probably need more players like ANB than we do players like Luko.

A good ruckman would change our fortunes immediately, and improve our midfield massively.

I can see Luko's upside, for sure, but if it costs us a player that actually changes our midfield I'll be miffed.

We do need another wingman

Sholl has come on this year and would probably win our most improved award. But who's on the other wing? We have rotated a few players there but I don't think anyone has nailed it down and some have seemed place holders best utilised elsewhere (Dowling). Or were shunted there to accommodate others (Hinge with Laird moving down back).
Maybe a crazy post, but I'd rather our midfield be good enough to play Dawson on a wing.

Dawson on one and Luko on the other might be a decent combo.

We shouldn't be playing Walker... It won't work if he's only playing home games... How can you maintain form, not just for him but the guy that replaces him away. Just wouldn't work.
We should've cut the cord on Crouch and Tex at the end of 2022, regardless of Tex having a resurgence in 2023.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

apparently tex said something about luko on tripleM this arvo. didnt hear it
Said that because he's playing on there's no spot or $$ for him

Tex won't be playing SANFL, so you'd think they'd be planning for around 18-20 games. 5 on 1 off, extra week off before or after bye, something like that.

apparently tex said something about luko on tripleM this arvo. didnt hear it

Tex starts at 56:35

We should've cut the cord on Crouch and Tex at the end of 2022, regardless of Tex having a resurgence in 2023.

Crouch yes, Tex no. He shouldn't have been extended to next year, but previous extensions were all very reasonable. Unless you're talking culturally, which I'd agree with as long as Sloane was pushed out at the same time.

I just don’t think Tex would be making comments like that unless he had confidence in at least a couple of players coming over.

No intel but have a gut feeling we’re getting Cumming

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Jack Lucrowsius

Remove this Banner Ad

Back