Rumour Jack Lucrowsius

Remove this Banner Ad

Hardwick built his forward line around two contested marking key forwards, Lynch and Riewoldt.

Lukosius doesn't fit his ideal structure so certainly understandable that he's on the outer there. He didn't really use a 3rd tall forward or any sort of hybrid role at Richmond.

The question for us is does Lukosius just not fit Hardwick's ideal structure, or does he not fit any (aspiring) premiership team's structure?

Is it just a bad fit with Hardwick or is he just not good enough?

To me it comes down to role. What is Lukosius' best role at AFL level and are we able to build this into our team? Frankly I worry that Nicks and his cohorts aren't sharp enough to utilise Lukosius' skills. They prefer the crash n bash types. Even with our best two mids Dawson and Rankine they came around slowly to as to being used in the midfield. Our coaches don't seem to be able to intuitively recognise or utilise each player's strengths.
Except for when they tried Michalaney in the midfield for two games (and then got scared and put him back pocket for the rest of the year).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very laconic style, I can see the Jack Watts comparisons TBH, and the fact he doesnt want to move away from a club with little to no scrutiny is concerning.

I think he's still going to be a high quality player at the level though.
Funny you mention Jack Watts. I see him the same way. Highly talented but....

Yeah I get it, but I think theres more talent in Luko as well as a slightly tougher heart
Jack Watts had great high-quality games for Melbourne and PA but between those game he was :poo:
Luko may be heading that way at GC and that's not Hardwicks type of player.

Please don't let ChatGPT conduct our trade negotations (although I'd at least give it an interview for the senior coach role at this point). For context, I asked it what would be fair value for Lukosius. It initially suggested a first round pick. I told it that was too expensive and suggested our future 2nd.

1726808482332.png

Please don't let ChatGPT conduct our trade negotations (although I'd at least give it an interview for the senior coach role at this point). For context, I asked it what would be fair value for Lukosius. It initially suggested a first round pick. I told it that was too expensive and suggested our future 2nd.

View attachment 2115660
sack chatgpt now

Port no longer into Luko - or is this chart a little wrong

Full of shit. They have Kozzy Pickett linked to Port when it came out weeks ago that if he was going to move it'd be to WA.

Port no longer into Luko - or is this chart a little wrong

Well Port are reliant on FA, they have nothing to trade and can not trade next years first and second round picks. There only hope is Bergman and Houston moving on to score some first and second rounders. So anyone requiring a trade is all but never going to happen unless they are a project / fringe that they can get with a 3rd rounder.

Still don't see how moving to the Crows is appealing for a player who wants to play forward when compared to Port. Port are crying out for someone half decent up there with Dixon being useless, Marshall and Georgiades inconsistent, they would love Luko. He would also have a midfield capable of kicking the footy rather than dumping it and they are a club that makes finals.

What do we have to offer against that? He would be competing for #1 forward status, he's got to play in the same team as Murphy and Laird, he'd have to play for a coach who has a track record of trying to be too clever by playing players out of position and our club is rotten to the core?

Unless Tex is happy to play the backup role I can't even see how Luko fits in. Surely he isn't coming here to play as a winger.

Just a side thought, i hope if Luko comes, it does not directly impact Curtin's spot in the side as if that in any way was on the cards, i'd be walking away from doing a deal for Luko
And this is the reason I’m not overly concerned with getting Luko. I think Curtin will ultimately offer more, and could play a similar role …. and we keep next years first!

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Jack Lucrowsius

Remove this Banner Ad

Back