Rumour Jack Lucrowsius

Remove this Banner Ad

You can thanks and co for that if it happens. Bottom 4 team, consistent failures.
You can look at Port and see outside three good young mids, and some 28-29 year olds, it's not looking flash for the future.
All those years of trading out draft picks for the missing peice of the puzzle will hurt.

They have the space
IF Port really are in for him and they ship Houston, here is how I see it playing out

Port trade Houston for a mid 1st and a 2nd (either this draft or future).
Port offer F1 for Luko and change
Port take the mid 1st they get from Houston to this draft to get a quality mid
Port will get Perryman who can pick up slack from losing Houston. Burgoyne also will do that next year.

They can easily set up a strategy to get things done and improve their list

IF Port really are in for him and they ship Houston, here is how I see it playing out

Port trade Houston for a mid 1st and a 2nd (either this draft or future).
Port offer F1 for Luko and change
Port take the mid 1st they get from Houston to this draft to get a quality mid
Port will get Perryman who can pick up slack from losing Houston. Burgoyne also will do that next year.

They can easily set up a strategy to get things done and improve their list
I can see saints offering a first this year (for battle ) and probably a second next .
Port trade next years first for luko and a pick this year. (Gc 2nd or 3rd)

Suddenly port have a first , second and couple of third picks in a deep draft.
Trade a 3rd for Richard’s

Out: Houston , future first
In : luko, Perryman , 1st round pick , 2nd round pick , Richard’s .

Not a bad off season .

I can see saints offering a first this year (for battle ) and probably a second next .

Not a bad off season .
Completely agree and that would be clever list management.

In saying that, if we end up with
Lalor / Draper
Cumming
ANB
Lukosius
Welsh

And somehow have maintained our F1 in all that, its hats off to our recruitment team too

Not a bad off season .
The benefits of free agency

Completely agree and that would be clever list management.

In saying that, if we end up with
Lalor / Draper
Cumming
ANB
Lukosius
Welsh

And somehow have maintained our F1 in all that, its hats off to our recruitment team too
Unfortunately I think we'll only have one of Luko and the future 1st, by off-season's end

Not a bad off season .
Throw in Rome Burgoyne F/s.

Why do you think they televise the last day of trade week?? It's absolutely stage managed.

Clubs are talking well beyond the 2 weeks of it, and whilst you are correct in that a lot of trades get worked through, you are indeed naive in that there's a lot that doesn't go on beforehand.

Clubs only get 15 minutes with each other to work these things out each day, tell me how that's not stage management ??

Now grow up, or put me on ignore.
You have claimed I have said so many things I haven't.

You are also conflating process with manipulation.

And then follow up with condescension.

At what point do you grow the self-awareness to get embarrassed?

But if giving up the future 1st nets us Luko and a top 25 pick to get Dodson that’s a win

We can then go all in end of next year with future 1st for NWM
I’m not even sure we’ll have the list space for all of 4/Dodson/Welsh/ANB/Luko/Cumming. If we get Luko, it’d have to be F1 for Luko + F2, either that or miss out on Cumming

I’m not even sure we’ll have the list space for all of 4/Dodson/Welsh/ANB/Luko/Cumming. If we get Luko, it’d have to be F1 for Luko + F2, either that or miss out on Cumming

Yeah, this. There are only 4 open slots at the current time without paying out a contract with a rookie demotion, and with that, it's quite likely we're out of the draft after pick 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aren’t all these scenarios based on getting good picks for Houston kind of forgetting that they will lose a really good player - pretty much in his prime - from a position on the field that Paer struggle in?

If the plan is to put Luko as key forward and send Rutogalea back to cover Dan the Man?

Houston was one of the players I saw as crucial to their success, so losing him feels like big loss. Not sure how adding Lukosius to an underperforming forward line will remedy that?

If he doesn't nominate us I would be pretty annoyed. We are on the up, he was a mad Crows fan growing up, we have spent years trying to get him home, and to see him go to the Smears would be so vomit inducing.
Honestly I'm not fussed either way.

Certainly don't want to bring him in for overs.

Once again, I don't see him as a priority, but a nice get.

Cumming is a bigger priority as is using our 1st round pick on a quality midfielder.

If Houston goes and the PAPs get a around pick 8-15 for him - wonder if they would use that for Luko.... They might be desperate enough to do it.
That would be going backwards.

Better off keeping Houston who is the better player & on less money.

Aren’t all these scenarios based on getting good picks for Houston kind of forgetting that they will lose a really good player - pretty much in his prime - from a position on the field that Paer struggle in?

If the plan is to put Luko as key forward and send Rutogalea back to cover Dan the Man?

Houston was one of the players I saw as crucial to their success, so losing him feels like big loss. Not sure how adding Lukosius to an underperforming forward line will remedy that?
Perryman to take houstons role and burgoyne will also play across halfback

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Jack Lucrowsius

Remove this Banner Ad

Back