Rumour Jack Lucrowsius

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly I'm not fussed either way.

Certainly don't want to bring him in for overs.

Once again, I don't see him as a priority, but a nice get.

Cumming is a bigger priority as is using our 1st round pick on a quality midfielder.
I think he takes over Texs place. Luko has great cardio for his size, runs all day, presents all day, and has elite delivery by foot. That's a skillet that no other forward we have, has.

I think he takes over Texs place. Luko has great cardio for his size, runs all day, presents all day, and has elite delivery by foot. That's a skillet that no other forward we have, has.
Fogarty.

Bit of both

Houston wants to leave, Port happy to let him leave for a decent price
Yeah I think this is where it lays, his form has gone through the roof since signing and the cap has gone up.
So he can get a lot more and port have seen an opportunity to get a low draft pick. Win win for both parties.

Houston himself said he wanted to stay.

This is club initiated.

Port could keep him if they wanted to as under contract.

Houston signed on long term for unders and then has been a dual AA. He knows that he can get more coin by moving. Just speculating but he probably would like to stay with a pay rise.

If I was him I probably wouldn’t be too stoked that Port are happy to pay more to Perryman, and rumoured that Esava and even Soldo are on more than Houston.

Surely Port will be all over Luko? Their forward line is a shambles. Dixon is finished, Marshall is average and might not play again anyway due to concussion, Lord is going backwards quickly, Georgiades is the only real key forward they've got. Luko is a nice to have for us, but much more like a need for them.

Surely Port will be all over Luko? Their forward line is a shambles. Dixon is finished, Marshall is average and might not play again anyway due to concussion, Lord is going backwards quickly, Georgiades is the only real key forward they've got. Luko is a nice to have for us, but much more like a need for them.

Yeah it's clearly a disaster they're going to have to address. They have to up their offer for Jack. It will cost them their first round pick though.

I reckon if you look at the last 20 years of pick 4 history Luko would sit in the middle rankings even now, not taking into account any improvement.

Draft picks are a gamble that don't always pay off. We might draft the next Bont, or the next Tambling.

I'd be fine with a future first. Pick 10 is fine. Single digits and would love something back. Personally I think our pick will be in the 8 to 12 range next season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon if you look at the last 20 years of pick 4 history Luko would sit in the middle rankings even now, not taking into account any improvement.

Actually reckon he'd place a bit higher than middle at pick 4

2013 - Marcus Bontempelli
2005 - Josh Kennedy (Carlton/West Coast)
2021 - Nick Daicos
2015 - Clayton Oliver
2010 - Andrew Gaff

2017 - Luke Davies-Uniacke
2018 - Max King
Theoretical Pick 4 - Jack Lukosius
2020 - Logan McDonald
2019 - Lachie Ash
2016 - Ben Ainsworth

2008 - Hamish Hartlett
2011 - Will Hoskin-Elliott
2006 - Matthew Leuenberger
2004 - Richard Tambling

2009 - Anthony Morabito
2007 - Cale Morton
2012 - Jimmy Toumpas
2014 - Jarrod Pickett

Unranked
2022 - George Wardlaw
2023 - Zane Duursma

He's probably middle to lower of the pack at his draft position (pick 2)

Actually reckon he'd place a bit higher than middle at pick 4

2013 - Marcus Bontempelli
2005 - Josh Kennedy (Carlton/West Coast)
2021 - Nick Daicos
2015 - Clayton Oliver
2010 - Andrew Gaff

2017 - Luke Davies-Uniacke
2018 - Max King
Theoretical Pick 4 - Jack Lukosius
2020 - Logan McDonald
2019 - Lachie Ash
2016 - Ben Ainsworth

2008 - Hamish Hartlett
2011 - Will Hoskin-Elliott
2006 - Matthew Leuenberger
2004 - Richard Tambling

2009 - Anthony Morabito
2007 - Cale Morton
2012 - Jimmy Toumpas
2014 - Jarrod Pickett

Unranked
2022 - George Wardlaw
2023 - Zane Duursma

He's probably middle to lower of the pack at his draft position (pick 2)
I'd have Ash and McDonald above Lukosius right now.

Yeah it's clearly a disaster they're going to have to address. They have to up their offer for Jack. It will cost them their first round pick though.
Pretty sure they don't have a first round pick this year, and not sure if they're allowed to trade next year's? They used their 2022 + 23 first rounders in the JHF trade, then this year's first round as part of the trade to get Ratugolea and Zerk-Thatcher last year. The AFL let that through because that previous first had been traded for JHF who was only 1 year in the system so basically a draftee anyway. Not sure if they'll be allowed to trade next year's too, though?

If they end up trading Houston then that could give them some capital to work with for Luko (or whoever else they're into). If Luko does end up going for just a 2nd round pick then it might as well be ours and we should be up to our eyeballs in that. If Port are giving up a first rounder then they're welcome to him.

Not sure Port have the salary cap space or trade currency to get him.
They have maxed out their cap recruiting missing pieces and have only a future first that they really need to keep. They would need to trade out a top shelf player to take the punt on a guy who has so far underwhelmed. Not saying it won’t or can’t happen, but it could actually make them worse. Might be the straw that breaks the camels back and sends them into a full reset.

We should be in the box seat here.

They could do a Collingwood and backload the crap out of a few contracts and hope to snag a flag before they catch the can.

He's not, that's the negotiation of what GC want and what the Adelaide clubs want

He's worth to them what they can extract for him. We can send in a hard edge negotiator like Reid, but they'll know exactly how desperate we are. And Luko himself isn't going to let himself be subject to a bidding war centering around how late a second round pick he's worth. This year's first will be off the table as the value is fixed and the trade result known immediately. Unless their F1 comes back to us. I think our LM group buckle and our F1 goes and if it ends up being pick 4 and a disaster trade, it's irrelevant to LM committee because 3/4 of the heavy hitters won't be at the club in 2026 anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Jack Lucrowsius

Remove this Banner Ad

Back