News Jack Lukosius nominates Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Soldo for Luko seems every bit as crazy as Fantasia for Wines from a GC perspective. That's pants down laps around the table shit.
If Wines was on a seven figure salary and not in our best 22, Fanta for Wines may well have happened.

Spot on except… it has been years, not months, that we have been putting in the work with Jack. Think we were genuinely disappointed he signed his last contract as we were readying for a play then.

This is true. But once he signed a new deal, clubs (ie Port) backed off.
Port are very fortunate to be in this position.

Will be interesting to see how we line up KPF-wise next year. I'm assuming no Dixon or Marshall.

Luko and Georgie are both clear best 22. Finlayson is a better player than Ratugolea but is probably just a poor man's version of Luko, whereas Ratugolea offers a bit of a point of difference and could potentially have a bit more impact when not in a forward line clogged up with Dixon trying to play the same role that Rat is playing.

With any luck Lord or Scully comes on and makes it a moot point.

Will be interesting to see how we line up KPF-wise next year. I'm assuming no Dixon or Marshall.

Luko and Georgie are both clear best 22. Finlayson is a better player than Ratugolea but is probably just a poor man's version of Luko, whereas Ratugolea offers a bit of a point of difference and could potentially have a bit more impact when not in a forward line clogged up with Dixon trying to play the same role that Rat is playing.

With any luck Lord or Scully comes on and makes it a moot point.
I'd Rat as the 2nd ruck that Finlayson. I never want to see Finlayson ruck again.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really excited at the prospect of him playing for us. I've been so frustrated by our forwards not being able to kick a goal from 50m out. Which makes our shallow inside 50 entries even more useless. He won't have any problems kicking it from outside 50m. Makes him an incredible weapon.

I'm expecting the cost at a future 2nd or to be worked into the Houston deal.

Lukosius for a first rounder is massive overs given we are absorbing an almost $2 million cap hit for a player that was not wanted at his club.

This should be done for the Soldo pick + late swaps and that's it.

If we end up giving up a first round pick then it is a loss imo

Happy for Lukosius to come to our club being a pick 2 in 2018, but why is he getting pushed out from GCS?

I'm bit concerned that he will be another soft player that doesn't meet expectations being added to our list.
Soft players may be good. Seems going to ground holding your head works these days

Lukosius for a first rounder is massive overs given we are absorbing an almost $2 million cap hit for a player that was not wanted at his club.

This should be done for the Soldo pick + late swaps and that's it.

If we end up giving up a first round pick then it is a loss imo
The worse of the picks that we get in the Houston trade will go towards this c-grader. Thats just how it is.

I'm guessing it'll be a pick in the 20s.

People thought Rioli would cost an arm and a leg as well. People tend to over estimate.
Luko is a million dollar a year player whose form led him to being dropped. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Hardwick is fine with him going considering he is hardly kicking up a stink about it.
There is no way you over pay a team just to over pay a player if you are serious as a club. If he is costing first rounders I'd have questions.

Luko is not soft. No doubt he can look laconic - but that should not be confused with being soft.

Looks can be deceiving. I'd argue that Charlie is one of the softer players we've ever had. Looks like Tarzan...

Get him to spend his first pre-season under the mentorship of the great Wazza Gazza.
The club won't allow that to happen. Unless things drastically change. It was been made clear to Tredrea he is a Board member only. Even some simple tips he has wanted to give players around leading patterns was shot down in flames. Chad Cornes is the Forward coach and he will be the one who does the coaching.

I would have thought when you have your only AFL Premiership Captain and Multiple All-Australian key forward wanting to pass on some wisdom this would be welcomed with open arms, but I guess those at Alberton have other ideas.

Exactly

We just got shown by a forward line with Amartey, McDonald and that other guy

None of them are star forwards, but they work well in a system together
I would have that ‘other guy’ tomorrow. McLean - think he is the best of the three.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Jack Lukosius nominates Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back