News Jack Lukosius nominates Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Just come out of work and haven't found any report that says Luko has nominated Port, just that he's nominated to come back to SA.

Edit above: OK ... just heard Rozee talking and confirming it.

cRowie was confident the other day Luko was leaning towards choosing the crows lol

Last edited:
call me ignorant but how exactly are we going to get Lukosius isn't he still contracted for another 2 years we don't even have a draft hand since we threw it all away. The only way i see this working is if Houston leaves in some 3 way trade.

call me ignorant but how exactly are we going to get Lukosius isn't he still contracted for another 2 years we don't even have a draft hand since we threw it all away. The only way i see this working is if Houston leaves in some 3 way trade.
It sounds like the Gold Coast have to get rid of him with their salary cap situation and their play for Dustin Martin. My guess is whatever we get for Houston and Soldo will land us Lukosius somehow

how did this go from nominating us to 6 year deal in 5 hours, isn't there a giant middle bit involving what picks it takes to get him that we missed
All of this gets worked out in the background.

Lukosius (through his management) will know what terms are available from each club he is considering moving to, and his management will have a good sense both of what each club is willing/able to give up and what it will take to satisfy GC.

By the time Lukosius publicly nominates a club as his preferred destination, he's been sold on the contract being offered + the other perceived benefits of moving to that club, and he should have a good understanding (through his management) of how likely a deal is to get done.

Whether the deal is for something we already possess, something we expect to acquire through other deals, or something that's still a work in progress is something we'll find out soon enough.

Apparently he met with Josh Carr on Sunday night which sealed the deal.

Last edited:
Just come out of work and haven't found any report that says Luko has nominated Port, just that he's nominated to come back to SA.

Edit above: OK ... just heard Rozee talking and confirming it.

cRowie was confident the other day Luko was leaning towards choosing the crows lol

mr-burns-the-simpsons.gif

So from a so called dream draft, if this happens we’ll end up 2 Lukosius 5 Rozee + Butters who’s playing like he went top 5 and throw in JHF. There’s something deeply wrong if there’s no dynasty.

Other teams have good players too you know.

Hilarious that Crows fans don’t rate him all of a sudden.

Reminds me of that famous Alyx comparison when Stevie Motlop chose us.
Lol. New facility and an actual club not a franchise located in what is essentially a car park. Add the fact the senior coach is a wish version of Hinkley. You are only going the franchise if you are being overpaid or Port don't want you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last year Ken tried to open up the game plan, and we lost the first 5 games. Then he went back to the very defensive game plan. This year after a slump, he had to go more mobile, and that helped by getting Esava out of the backline.

Perhaps Ken is smarter than we think, and our current list just isn’t fast and mobile enough to play an open aggressive game plan.

I think Jack could help change this, especially the forwardline. Still need some more speed at half forward and on the wings though.

Will be interesting if anything changes…
No

GC clearly are pushing him out. This should be a Jack Bowes style salary dump.

Luko and future first for our future second

Lol at someone I work with who's a crows fan. Luko came up in conversation a month ago where I said he'd be a good fit at a post-Dixon port

"Nah he's going to crows. Same fit there, would work with Fogarty and Thilthorope, plus he wants to play with Rankine again"

today it was "nah Jack Watts mark 2. He wouldn't fit in there anyway"

Remove this Banner Ad

News Jack Lukosius nominates Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back