News Jack Lukosius nominates Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Latest news:
DISCOUNT JACK

By Simeon Thomas-Wilson

Gold Coast’s willingness to pay part of Jack Lukosius’ contract will likely impact trade negotiations with Port Adelaide as the former No.2 pick looks to land at Alberton.

With the season over attention now turns to the free agency and trade period, with both South Australian clubs set to be busy again.

What the Power ends up stumping up for Lukosius could depend on the Suns’ desire to take on some of his money.

The swingman was contracted for two more years at the Suns, on a heavily back-ended contract believed to be around $1 million per year.

The Power will give the 24-year-old a six-year contact after he chose Port Adelaide to play with captain and good friend Connor Rozee.

Gold Coast wants a first-round pick, while the Power is considered likely to prefer to part with a second selection for Lukosius.

But if the Suns take on some of Lukosius’ contract, then the pick they could receive for the Woodville-West Torrens product could improve.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there’s a middle ground between gcs wanting that 1st, and us paying a second.

We get a second 1st rounder (prob a future 1st) from the Houston trade and give that to gcs for luko and pick 26 (or a future 2nd)

Gcs get the future 1st they want, lose a pick they won’t use anyway as they will be matching bids and can do that with the pics they already have / can get easily.

We get a second rounder back to draft needed talent.

I think there’s a middle ground between gcs wanting that 1st, and us paying a second.

We get a second 1st rounder (prob a future 1st) from the Houston trade and give that to gcs for luko and pick 26 (or a future 2nd)

Gcs get the future 1st they want, lose a pick they won’t use anyway as they will be matching bids and can do that with the pics they already have / can get easily.

We get a second rounder back to draft needed talent.
I think this is more or less what will go down. No way we do a straight up future first with nothing back.

We cant be trading GC our future 1st for Luko and pay his 1.9mil salary for the next 2 years that he's still owed.
Would be one of the most idiotic things we would have done!

NOT WORTH A FIRST ROUNDER

Yeah Bowes trade says hello, who did they pay with the change from that dodgy dump, and what priority might they have for freed up $$ this year? If they "need picks/points for next year" those kids will be on minimum chips. So who are they looking to spend on this year? Rioli??? Or is their list management serially overpaying just to hold players?

A couple of years ago Geelong got pick 7 and Jack Bowes for a future 3rd rounder and a boatload of cap space.

If Jack is on a pretty penny, the Suns will have a couple of bad years of no wiggle room for their cap if he stays. They could be quite desperate for this trade to free up contracts to players that Dimma actually likes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Salary dump trade scenario pls.
It's not gonna be a salary dump guys. We also won't be paying an F1.

My best (semi-educated) guess is that as part of other trades we acquire a F2 from Richmond/North/West Coast and that will be used with GC paying a small-ish (200k) portion of his salary.

If we were to hand over a first/future first I'd expect GC to be paying >50% of his salary which isn't too bad an outcome anyway.

It's not gonna be a salary dump guys. We also won't be paying an F1.

My best (semi-educated) guess is that as part of other trades we acquire a F2 from Richmond/North/West Coast and that will be used with GC paying a small-ish (200k) portion of his salary.

If we were to hand over a first/future first I'd expect GC to be paying >50% of his salary which isn't too bad an outcome anyway.
I could see it being our future first with something coming back this year like their 20 or 26, with them paying a little bit of salary.

CD mentioning our F1 being unavailable unless the AFL agrees worries me.

He should just be pointing to the Bowes trade in interviews. Trade Radio will mention this trade hundreds of times before it goes through - keep that in their minds.

Has he signed yet?

Latest news:

DISCOUNT JACK

By Simeon Thomas-Wilson

Gold Coast’s willingness to pay part of Jack Lukosius’ contract will likely impact trade negotiations with Port Adelaide as the former No.2 pick looks to land at Alberton.

With the season over attention now turns to the free agency and trade period, with both South Australian clubs set to be busy again.

What the Power ends up stumping up for Lukosius could depend on the Suns’ desire to take on some of his money.

The swingman was contracted for two more years at the Suns, on a heavily back-ended contract believed to be around $1 million per year.

The Power will give the 24-year-old a six-year contact after he chose Port Adelaide to play with captain and good friend Connor Rozee.

Gold Coast wants a first-round pick, while the Power is considered likely to prefer to part with a second selection for Lukosius.

But if the Suns take on some of Lukosius’ contract, then the pick they could receive for the Woodville-West Torrens product could improve.

Is this a legitimate article or a stitch up?

Remove this Banner Ad

News Jack Lukosius nominates Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back