News Jack Lukosius nominates Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Latest news:

Port Adelaide is free to send out its future first-round pick at any time after clarification from the AFL, opening the door to a Jack Lukosius deal to be ticked off.
The Power entered the trade period unsure whether they could offload another first rounder, given AFL rules that clubs must use two first-round picks in a four-year period.
Port Adelaide traded away its first-round picks in the past two drafts and currently the club’s first pick this year comes in at 39, so there was some thought the Power would have to get in a first-rounder in a Dan Houston trade to appease the AFL rule, before being allowed to off-load a future first for Lukosius.
But the AFL confirmed to the Tiser on Thursday that there are no restrictions on Port moving that 2025 first rounder.
So the expected deal surrounding Gold Coast sending Lukosius to the Power for a future first can go ahead at any time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to see Luko and 23 to Port for Port's F1, just to send a **** you to Collingwood's trade offer for Houston.
We won't because we don't like to hurt other teams feelings.

We should say to Dan, sorry mate, Norths deal is the only suitable deal for us. Clearly the other 2 teams dont want you that badly or they would offer more. You want to get to Victoria, then North or see out the next 3 years here.

Finlayson, Todd & Lukosius in the same side could be one of the worst forward lines you'll ever see if they parry up an off day all at the same time. Three space cadets wandering around without a mission.

Westhoff as Forwards Coach/Mission Control.

But you also need to consider Gold Coast has just been handing out players or picks for unders for years.

So fair enough we shouldn't expect to be the club they finally look to extract high value from - especially for a player it seems their coach is very happy to let go.
Of course we should. Make enough soft trades like we did last year and other clubs start to identify you as a soft target.

If Luko had asked for a trade to Collingwood, GC wouldn't have even bothered asking for a first round pick. We on the other hand would probably give them Butters for him if they asked nicely enough.

Of course we should. Make enough soft trades like we did last year and other clubs start to identify you as a soft target.

If Luko had asked for a trade to Collingwood, GC wouldn't have even bothered asking for a first round pick. We on the other hand would probably give them Butters for him if they asked nicely enough.
Last seasons bat shit crazy stuff with Soldo and Esava only made this reputation worse

Crows fans were adamant that luko was worth a second round pick only, and while we can only guess now, I would bet my house that is what the crows would have offered and probably wouldn’t have deviated much other than sweeteners.

I’m 100% positive that were seen as a soft target. Essendon and geelongs positions on esava and Orazio were widely mocked by neutrals on here until we paid up. No one saw that soldo deal coming, 2 2nds and we had to uograde their pick as well? lol.

Were the shmuck the car salesman sees coming and quickly adds another 0 to the end of the price of the unsellable piece of shit car with a shit eating grin.

As we speak west coast is arguing for the same return that we’re being told to accept for Dan on a 29yr old defender whose never played a full season in his career and a back so cooked he’s one twitch away from operating a wheelchair by sip and puff.

I don’t think our recent trading has been bad. I think it’s actually yielded some very good results.

I just think we naturally overrate our players and underrate opposition players. Most clubs supporters do this though, not just us.

For instance, most of this board was spitting chips about the Howard and ladhams trades. But they are two very ordinary footballers and we probably did well to get as much out of them as we did.

Off the top of my head in our current team we’ve traded in JHF, Rioli, Allir, Sweet and Finlayson all for pretty good deals.

I felt like I was on my own a bit with this one but getting BZT plus steak knives for Duursma was a good deal for us too.

Soldo looks like a miss but we hardly sold the farm for him.

Not looking great with Esava either but that is too early to call just yet. I think he was always going to be a slow burn, his experience playing in defence was minimal. Gives us some versatility at the very least.

We’ve overall had more hits than misses at the trade table.

This idea that we role over and die at the trade table and are pathetic cucks, is quite frankly rubbish.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don’t think our recent trading has been bad. I think it’s actually yielded some very good results.

I just think we naturally overrate our players and underrate opposition players. Most clubs supporters do this though, not just us.

For instance, most of this board was spitting chips about the Howard and ladhams trades. But they are two very ordinary footballers and we probably did well to get as much out of them as we did.

Off the top of my head in our current team we’ve traded in JHF, Rioli, Allir, Sweet and Finlayson all for pretty good deals.

I felt like I was on my own a bit with this one but getting BZT plus steak knives for Duursma was a good deal for us too.

Soldo looks like a miss but we hardly sold the farm for him.

Not looking great with Esava either but that is too early to call just yet. I think he was always going to be a slow burn, his experience playing in defence was minimal. Gives us some versatility at the very least.

We’ve overall had more hits than misses at the trade table.

This idea that we role over and die at the trade table and are pathetic cucks, is quite frankly rubbish.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Sweet working out has saved us from disaster.

Will be interesting to see what we get in return for Soldo to really see how if worked out for us in that trade.

Finlayson, Todd & Lukosius in the same side could be one of the worst forward lines you'll ever see if they parry up an off day all at the same time. Three space cadets wandering around without a mission.

I sat through Howard/Westhoff/Ryder against GWS in 2019 and Dixon/Ratugolea for 3 quarters after Marshall went off against Melbourne this year. I welcome the mercurial triumvirate if Georgiades misses.

Sweet working out has saved us from disaster.

Will be interesting to see what we get in return for Soldo to really see how if worked out for us in that trade.

Trading in them both saved us from disaster. We actively decided to overpay for rucks by getting 2 of them to ensure we didn't have to sit through another 2023 type season where ruck is an enormous void where we get killed every week.

We traded 41, 49, 2024 2nd for Soldo and Pick 50.

50 went for Sweet, so we effectively paid 41, 49 and our 2024 second (which will end up being something like pick 35) for Sweet, plus whatever we get for Soldo in return.

If you assume that is a late 2nd or so, it's effectively a late 2nd + 49 for Sweet in the wash. Not bad at all for a 1st ruck Port supporter who will only get better as he gets into his prime.

Better to be safe than sorry, I don't mind the Soldo trade. The Ratugolea trade is worse IMO, but he still played some pretty good footy in defence. He should never play forward again.

Trading in them both saved us from disaster. We actively decided to overpay for rucks by getting 2 of them to ensure we didn't have to sit through another 2023 type season where ruck is an enormous void where we get killed every week.

We traded 41, 49, 2024 2nd for Soldo and Pick 50.

50 went for Sweet, so we effectively paid 41, 49 and our 2024 second (which will end up being something like pick 35) for Sweet, plus whatever we get for Soldo in return.

If you assume that is a late 2nd or so, it's effectively a late 2nd + 49 for Sweet in the wash. Not bad at all for a 1st ruck Port supporter who will only get better as he gets into his prime.

Better to be safe than sorry, I don't mind the Soldo trade. The Ratugolea trade is worse IMO, but he still played some pretty good footy in defence. He should never play forward again.
It was Fremantles 2nd that we traded to Richmond when we split the pick that we traded for Soldo wasn't it? The first pick we have this year is the natural port 2nd

The 24' first was traded for Soldo and Esava essentially

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

News Jack Lukosius nominates Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back