News Jack Lukosius nominates Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Latest news:

Port Adelaide is free to send out its future first-round pick at any time after clarification from the AFL, opening the door to a Jack Lukosius deal to be ticked off.
The Power entered the trade period unsure whether they could offload another first rounder, given AFL rules that clubs must use two first-round picks in a four-year period.
Port Adelaide traded away its first-round picks in the past two drafts and currently the club’s first pick this year comes in at 39, so there was some thought the Power would have to get in a first-rounder in a Dan Houston trade to appease the AFL rule, before being allowed to off-load a future first for Lukosius.
But the AFL confirmed to the Tiser on Thursday that there are no restrictions on Port moving that 2025 first rounder.
So the expected deal surrounding Gold Coast sending Lukosius to the Power for a future first can go ahead at any time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not happening. You won’t get Luko for a 10 pick downgrade.

We offered him a 6 year big money contract. He’s a former pick 2 from a super draft. If we play silly buggers he could still go to Adelaide or elsewhere.

Before he was drafted, people at Port described him as a franchise player. We have spoken to him regularly over the last 6 or 7 years.

F1, give or take some change, is the price- get used to it.
spot on, our f1 was alway going, at best they may chuck in a 3rder coming back to us.

We just love giving away our future first. Going to come back to bite us one day

Only bites if Lukosius is not a good player. I believe Lukosius is a good player, and I believe exchanging a F1 for him is responsible trading. The major issue will be Port being reasonable in trading with the SUNS whilst Richmond and Collingwood will make out like bandits in their unreasonable dealings with the SUNS.

Not happening. You won’t get Luko for a 10 pick downgrade.

We offered him a 6 year big money contract. He’s a former pick 2 from a super draft. If we play silly buggers he could still go to Adelaide or elsewhere.

Before he was drafted, people at Port described him as a franchise player. We have spoken to him regularly over the last 6 or 7 years.

F1, give or take some change, is the price- get used to it.
He is not going anywhere else now? When was the last time a player nominated Crows or Port and then went to the other club? Being a Pick 2 means nothing at this stage.

If we traded a F1 on the open market, it’d probably get us an early 2nd and a late 2nd. Luko’s value is an early 2nd, with GC stumping up a little bit of his salary.

So no doubt Davies is pushing to get that late 2nd value back, could see our 2nd pick being upgraded, or next years 2nds swapped, with the balancer being how much salary GC pay (which we will never know).

At least send a couple of 2nd rounders; pick 29 and 2025 2nd rounder back since we're taking his salary off their books.
One of two sensible trades for us I have seen involving Luke. Yes, deal with the Suns separate to the Noble deal. F1 for Luko, + 29 + F2 or even F1 for Luko plus 23 are fair under the circumstances. Put more pressure on Collingwood.

One of two sensible trades for us I have seen involving Luke. Yes, deal with the Suns separate to the Noble deal. F1 for Luko, + 29 + F2 or even F1 for Luko plus 23 are fair under the circumstances. Put more pressure on Collingwood.
Agree. But it sounds like the suns don’t want to send anything substantial back. It will be very dissapointing if it’s our future first foe luko and some very late picks.

Agree. But it sounds like the suns don’t want to send anything substantial back. It will be very dissapointing if it’s our future first foe luko and some very late picks.
we seem to have signalled our interest in handing over F1, probably expecting something in return. They latched onto F1 which is what I would do. Of course their position is going to be we are giving nothing back. We should have signalled F2. We are so dumb behaving as if we are reasonable.

Luko a previous pick 2, a proven and versatile player, has kicked several (?) bags of 5 goals, and people don’t think F1 is reasonable? F1 unless disaster really strikes won’t be any higher than about pick 5. I don’t see paying his salary an issue, can restructure the two years left on his SUNS contract over the six (?) he is going to be offered at Port. If Port want anything back something token for father son points might be a nice sweetener.

Rankine had similar inconsistency and motivation concerns whilst a SUN, was traded for pick 5 and is now elite having settled back home in Adelaide.

Delusional- ask a GC supporter if that’s sensible. Not even Dodoro would try that shit on.

Marshall a previous pick 16, a proven and versatile player, has kicked several (?) bags of 5 goals, and people don’t think F1 is reasonable? F1 unless disaster really strikes won’t be any higher than about pick 5. I don’t see paying his salary an issue, can restructure the two years left on his POWER contract over the six (?) he is going to be offered at Hok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marshall a previous pick 16, a proven and versatile player, has kicked several (?) bags of 5 goals, and people don’t think F1 is reasonable? F1 unless disaster really strikes won’t be any higher than about pick 5. I don’t see paying his salary an issue, can restructure the two years left on his POWER contract over the six (?) he is going to be offered at Hok.

Comparing Marshall and Lukosius is tasteless

Remove this Banner Ad

News Jack Lukosius nominates Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back