News Jack Lukosius nominates Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Latest news:

Port Adelaide is free to send out its future first-round pick at any time after clarification from the AFL, opening the door to a Jack Lukosius deal to be ticked off.
The Power entered the trade period unsure whether they could offload another first rounder, given AFL rules that clubs must use two first-round picks in a four-year period.
Port Adelaide traded away its first-round picks in the past two drafts and currently the club’s first pick this year comes in at 39, so there was some thought the Power would have to get in a first-rounder in a Dan Houston trade to appease the AFL rule, before being allowed to off-load a future first for Lukosius.
But the AFL confirmed to the Tiser on Thursday that there are no restrictions on Port moving that 2025 first rounder.
So the expected deal surrounding Gold Coast sending Lukosius to the Power for a future first can go ahead at any time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must admit, when I imagined the future Marshall & Lukosius Super Threadrea I didn't envisage the idea that anyone, let alone Waspy, might take the side of one but not the other. This is going to be amazing.

Cmon Fella, Luko is two years younger, is more versatile, does not have concussion concerns lingering, and has been playing in a shite team where he doesn’t want to be. The upside on Luko compared to what we know of Marshall is significant.

We pushed out Polec and Pittard and landed Butters

We pushed out Wingard and landed Duursma/BZT and Burton

We pushed out Howard and landed Georgiades

We pushed out Ladhams and Sinn might become a player

The best SUNS can land with an F1 is the possibility of landing one player that is statistically unlikely to be better than Lukosius - and the same applies to Port by holding F1

You got so many of those factually incorrect

Luko a previous pick 2, a proven and versatile player, has kicked several (?) bags of 5 goals, and people don’t think F1 is reasonable? F1 unless disaster really strikes won’t be any higher than about pick 5. I don’t see paying his salary an issue, can restructure the two years left on his SUNS contract over the six (?) he is going to be offered at Port. If Port want anything back something token for father son points might be a nice sweetener.

Rankine had similar inconsistency and motivation concerns whilst a SUN, was traded for pick 5 and is now elite having settled back home in Adelaide.
Come on Waspy. Aren’t you the one devastated when we lost Polly?
And if Luko is so outstanding why does a 3 time Premiership coach want to offload him?

Come on Waspy. Aren’t you the one devastated when we lost Polly?
And if Luko is so outstanding why does a 3 time Premiership coach want to offload him?

I was annoyed to trade Polec (good memory son) as I don’t value trade picks. My position on Luko is the same, I value him as a known quantity over the lucky dip of the draft.

I was annoyed to trade Polec (good memory son) as I don’t value trade picks. My position on Luko is the same, I value him as a known quantity over the lucky dip of the draft.
Except Polec wanted to leave after NM offered him a 5 year deal worth 3.5 million which Port were never going to match; 3 year deal and there were concerns over his durability.

Turns out Port made the right choice as Polec barely played footy a few years into his deal and got delisted with a year left on his contract.

Incorrect

Jesus dude.

We didn’t push Polec out the door, he was a 1st 22 player and north, having missed out on a bunch of targets threw a big deal at him which he was keen to take. We were happy not to match it , and his missus wanted to move to melb anyway.

We didn’t trade Howard for Georgiades.

Except Polec wanted to leave after NM offered him a 5 year deal worth 3.5 million which Port were never going to match; 3 year deal and there were concerns over his durability.

Turns out Port made the right choice as Polec barely played footy a few years into his deal and got delisted with a year left on his contract.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. We also landed Butters in the pick 10 traded for Polec and Pittard. It’s probably the best trade Port have ever done. I’ll stick with my strong view being that draft picks are mostly a lottery, I think history shows this a proven fact.

Jesus dude.

We didn’t push Polec out the door, he was a 1st 22 player and north, having missed out on a bunch of targets threw a big deal at him which he was keen to take. We were happy not to match it , and his missus wanted to move to melb anyway.

We didn’t trade Howard for Georgiades.

Polec was gently nudged as Port wouldn’t match the North offer. You can look at it either way and be right.

Pretty sure the pick/s we got for Howard allowed Port to draft Georgiades.

You twist and turn words. King of spin. You are impossible, a total pain in the arseh*le. Are you Ken or Koch?

Polec was gently nudged as Port wouldn’t match the North offer. You can look at it either way and be right.

Pretty sure the pick/s we got for Howard allowed Port to draft Georgiades.

You twist and turn words. King of spin. You are impossible, a total pain in the arseh*le. Are you Ken or Koch?

You’re wrong about the Howard pick.

We traded our future 1st to Brisbane for their first rounder, and selected Georgiades with that pick.

but keep up those personal attacks on me.

Port landed picks 12 and 18 in exchange for Howard, Ryder and pick 10. Port drafted Bergman and Georgiades with those draft picks.

So looks like you are incorrect, again.

Pick 18 at trade week become pick 20 on draft day when 2 f/s or nga picks pushed them back.

Brisbanes pick 16 became 18, and that’s what we traded our future 1st for.

You were also wrong about the Polec trade becoming butters in another post where you made that claim.

It’s one thing to be wrong, it’s another thing to be continually wrong, it’s a whole different thing to be wrong and be so belligerent about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 18 at trade week become pick 20 on draft day when 2 f/s or nga picks pushed them back.

You were also wrong about the Polec trade becoming butters in another post where you made that claim.

It’s one thing to be wrong, it’s another thing to be continually wrong, it’s a whole different thing to be wrong and be so belligerent about it.

You are correct

They say two wrongs don't make a right.

However, do three wrongs actually make a right?

In that case, Waspy may be right! He may be right, or centre left, or left right out of things altogether. Right?

If that's incorrect logic, then I'm wrong.

But if it's correct, then he is right, and I'm also right in respect of saying that he is correct, rather than he is wrong. Right?

Not sure if I've left anything right out of the discussion on right or wrong?

I'm confused 😕 🤔

They say two wrongs don't make a right.

However, do three wrongs actually make a right?

In that case, Waspy may be right! He may be right, or centre left, or left right out of things altogether. Right?

If that's incorrect logic, then I'm wrong.

But if it's correct, then he is right, and I'm also right in respect of saying that he is correct, rather than he is wrong. Right?

Not sure if I've left anything right out of the discussion on right or wrong?

I'm confused 😕 🤔

Sack Hinkley

Remove this Banner Ad

News Jack Lukosius nominates Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back