Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026, linked to Port Adelaide]

Remove this Banner Ad

Second rounder will work if it is a salary dump
Second rounder probably fair for luko, but for a 7 year deal it'll be your F1 I'm guessing. I can't believe you're getting into bed with a guy for 7 years who has been pushed out of his club.. crazy talk! Aren't you worried he's been in the system for so long and still doesn't have a clear position?

Second rounder probably fair for luko, but for a 7 year deal it'll be your F1 I'm guessing. I can't believe you're getting into bed with a guy for 7 years who has been pushed out of his club.. crazy talk! Aren't you worried he's been in the system for so long and still doesn't have a clear position?
this logic is so flawed. Why does his trade price go up just because we are offering him a bigger contract? Unless Gold Coast are willing to offer a similar contract, its an irrelevant factor.

Second rounder will work if it is a salary dump
On a 7 year contract, yeah, nah

Suns were clear first rounder if you want him, Port put the cards on the table. Plus we don’t need to dump him, Tigers will be paying part of Riolis contract as part of getting pick 6

That is insane. I like Luko and he fills a role but those type of contracts are for the league's top 20...which he ain't

It's not 7 years at $1mil per year.

He's already owed $1mil per year by GC next 2 years. The talk was he would be extended and then the current salary spread across a longer term deal.

If GC aren't paying any of his salary in the trade it would likely be 7 years $5mil type of deal.

Smoothing out the 2/2mil to then 5/3mil for the remaining portion but averaged out to say $750,000 per year in whatever scenario suits Port's cap the best.

Oh really? How does it work? You guys say second rounder and we say yes?
His trade value will be determined on what port are willing to pay and what Gold Coast are willing to accept.

It doesn’t magically go up just because he’s getting a good deal at port. In fact, if anything it goes down, because Gold Coast want his money off the books.

His trade value will be determined on what port are willing to pay and what Gold Coast are willing to accept.

It doesn’t magically go up just because he’s getting a good deal at port. In fact, if anything it goes down, because Gold Coast want his money off the books.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh ok, ok ok. So say we say no to a second rounder, then what?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh ok, ok ok. So say we say no to a second rounder, then what?
The club can say no to whatever they want. Just like any contracted player. But you said it yourself, you see him as a second rounder? Why does ports contract offer change your mind, given that Gold Coast aren’t willing to offer that and even told him to explore his options.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026, linked to Port Adelaide]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back