Speculation Liam Ryan [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Norths 2nd wont finish in the late 20s.

More like 24 to 25 if they stay where they are.
We can't mathematically finish higher than 15th.

In which case we finish with pick 21, and then Ashcroft / Lombard / Kako + the 2 PPs push it out to 26.

Might be very slightly unders, but still in the ballpark for Ryan imo.

We can't mathematically finish higher than 15th.

In which case we finish with pick 21, and then Ashcroft / Lombard / Kako + the 2 PPs push it out to 26.

Might be very slightly unders, but still in the ballpark for Ryan imo.
2nd round doesn’t start until pick 20 now? Might have some band 2 and 3 compos in there ect. Will push back even more. Just cant see him being let go for that.

Like Morris said Eagles will want Premium trade compensation, not a pick in the late 20s or 30s.

Suns (Qld team) was the rumour an over a month ago from WA Journo before Morris ‘broke’ the high alert 🚨 news.

Melbourne might be a chance. I think it was Flyin who said he keeps in contact with Kossie a fair bit on a pod a few weeks ago. But Dees might be dealing with the Houston thing unless that gets high jacked by another team

No chance he’s worth a first round pick surely?

Turns 28 in 2 months
Never kicked over 30 goals in a season in his career.
Hasn’t played over 18 games in the last 5 years.
Going at 1 goal per game over his last 3 years.

Turns 28 in 2 months
Haha, 28? Is that old? Don’t tell the Power because Houston turns 28 at the start of the next season.

Crows got a future 2nd for Shane McAdam last year. Who was older, not on the same level and was OOC.

If it is the Suns and we pay his contract……

Turns 28 in 2 months
Hes worth more to us than he would get on the market. Hes a great mentor for the young indigenous kids we have a group of now and seems like a good guy to have around the club.

Not keen on losing him for any less than pick 15 areas.

Hes not just a goal kicker, hes an elite field kick too. A perfect half forward type.

A pick in the 20s is probably fair from other clubs perspective but not enough for us

Turns 28 in 2 months
He is injury prone for sure. He simply isnt someone who plays close to goals so he isnt going to do that role for you. Ryans more of a score involvement forward and link up player

He is only worth a late 1st rounder and a big part of that is the AFL has a very limited amount of good HFF running around. I mean look at the players he would replace

For Hawks he replaces your Luke Breust
For Brisbane he would replace Callum Ah Chee
For Fremantle its Tom Emmett
For Carlton it would be replacing Lachie Fogarty

Its slim pickings at HFF nowadays.

Haha, 28? Is that old? Don’t tell the Power because Houston turns 28 at the start of the next season.

Crows got a future 2nd for Shane McAdam last year. Who was older, not on the same level and was OOC.

If it is the Suns and we pay his contract……

Ones a multiple time all Australian, with no injury worried and the best player in the league at his position.

The other can’t even kick 30 goals in a season, can’t stay on the field and shown nothing a but a few glimpses of good play in about 20-30 games of his career.

a pick in 20’s is about fair value but I’m sure Weagles wouldn’t want that so unless he’s pushing to leave likely to stay. Just my 2 cents.

Norths 2nd wont finish in the late 20s.

More like 24 to 25 if they stay where they are.
Their pick is 23 atm . Could be 24 after the weekend.

Add 2 to 3 free agent compos

Then add 1 to 2 father sons ashcrost camperriali

Then add 3 academy players Lombard marshal kayko

It will be pick 29 to 30

Ones a multiple time all Australian, with no injury worried and the best player in the league at his position.

The other can’t even kick 30 goals in a season, can’t stay on the field and shown nothing a but a few glimpses of good play in about 20-30 games of his career.

a pick in 20’s is about fair value but I’m sure Weagles wouldn’t want that so unless he’s pushing to leave likely to stay. Just my 2 cents.
Is Houston a multiple all Australian?

Thought he only had 1 last season

houston and ryan have the same number of all australians

Remember hes been playing for a team thats been bottom 2/3 for the last 3 years. Hard to put up big goal numbers in those conditions, despite not being a huge goal kicker anyway.

Before that he was in probably the best forward line the comp has seen in the last 10 years with an abundance of goal kickers meaning Ryan didnt have to go at 2-3 goals a game. All he had to do was kick it to the other blokes.

Ryans a high half forward, very few of those kick over 30 goals in good years.

You arent valuing him in the right role. Hes not a small crumbing forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t mention the other stuff. Just 28 isn’t old and 🍐 fans wouldnt be saying that about Houston and decreasing his value? and Flyin is a former AA and has kicked 30 goals a season. Also a premiership player. Facts are key here

Comparing him to McAdam and his trade value. When one was OOC and the other isn’t ect ect. I think a pick in the 20s is unders. Time will tell (well maybe)

Let's see what you get and whether it's worth it for the club that gets him in the end.

Didn't exactly work well for the Pies with Schultz.
Haha, Hollands and Ginnivan look like bargains. Weird take.There are teams that over pay in a trade and there are teams that get bargains every year. A lot you won’t know for a long time

In that awkward spot where he’s worth more to the Eagles than any club would realistically be willing to pay
Most teams. Will always be a buyer. I think GC where picks mean less to them at the moment and have a loaded hand this year. Also Eagles could pay a fair chunk of his salary if they are tight against the cap.

Ryan, Darling (if Dess are one of the clubs into him, which would make sense) and Edwards to Melbourne for 7.

I'm not saying that's a good trade. I'd consider it heavily weighted in our favour.

But two of those players are contracted and (maybe :shrug:) have an immediate impact and give Dees another crack. We may as well chuck in some salary, we certainly will have the cap space. No risk no reward for Melbourne at this point.

In that awkward spot where he’s worth more to the Eagles than any club would realistically be willing to pay
I suspect people know what he is worth and wouldnt talk to him if they didnt like it.

Always weary of how much negotiation actually happens for contracted players in regards to trades. Why would you even waste time in such a scenario unless you knew the situation

I suspect people know what he is worth and wouldnt talk to him if they didnt like it.

Always weary of how much negotiation actually happens for contracted players in regards to trades. Why would you even waste time in such a scenario unless you knew the situation

True, but I can’t imagine any club willing to part with a top 25 pick for Liam Ryan, which is surely what it would take for the eagles to let him go in contract.

True, but I can’t imagine any club willing to part with a top 25 pick for Liam Ryan, which is surely what it would take for the eagles to let him go in contract.

lol. You think you can find a player better than that at pick 25?

I think you are placing way too much value on hope. Clubs don’t work like that.

If a club in around the 8 is desperate for half forwards/small forwards, they will pay for that certainty. Not place hope on a 18 year old at 25.

I cant imagine a single club even registering 5 seconds of interest if they were not willing to part with a top 25 pick. Same as last year when Brisbane/Hawks met with him too

Hate to break the bad news to you but Port Adelaide mentioned as one of the most likely teams Ryan will end up at as they have the salary room, the need plus Ryan has the relationships with Rioli and Jason Williams (seems like he is the academy boss or something?) . Port dont have any picks of value so would probably be future 1st. Club only has 2 picks in this draft so cant see how they can give up anything in this draft

Hate to break the bad news to you but Port Adelaide mentioned as one of the most likely teams Ryan will end up at as they have the salary room, the need plus Ryan has the relationships with Rioli and Jason Williams (seems like he is the academy boss or something?) . Port dont have any picks of value so would probably be future 1st. Club only has 2 picks in this draft so cant see how they can give up anything in this draft
They’ll get one for Houston but not sure they split that for Ryan as it will be around pick 7. Plenty to play out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Ryan [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back